What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

appalachian mtn growers/tokers unite!!!!! tn/nc/ky/wv

C

clydefrog

hey guys, just wanted to check in. George, you have posted some good reading material. its a green time here in Eastern Ky even with the drought this summer. hope everyones grows went well this year (inside and out)

i know there are more growers and tokers in the area, please speak up and keep this thread "rollin" :joint:

clyde

BTW: wildfire, awesome pics, give us a run-down of the strains if you dont mind

Last edited:

Wildfire

thanks guys. :wave: i went back and labelled them for you. as far as what grows the best in this region, i like sativa leaning hybrids- haze hybrids, landrace sativa hybrids, sour diesel hybrids, etc.

G

WV Representing appalachia. Right in the heart of it. West side East (as Herb throws a WV sign). Yep drought was a major factor here this year as was Insect Damage but we managed to get goodies enough from a Late Start to last until X-Mas (I hope ... it looks favorable). Mold is to be expected in dense nuggage but it wasn't a big factor this year for us.

clydefrog said:
hey guys, just wanted to check in. George, you have posted some good reading material.

Thanks i've been tryin to compile as much information on this area as far as marijuana is concerned for awhile. hopefully we can compile all sorts of stories, articles, pictures, grow info, strains, etc. for this thread.

anyway the othere day i went into a book and found a book on the appalachian mountains so i started reading it. it was maybe 400+ pages long i can't really remember i was stoned. but i browse through it real quick and i turn towards that back and start reading.... and before i knew it i was reading about marijuana production in appalachian mountains. sadly, i can't even remember the books name. i need to go back and find it again.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
hey guys. I am glad you made this thread. what george said is what I wanna know.

what strains you guys are growing. For such a large weed producing area we don't have a clue (at least me and most of the community) what you guys are growing.

Like in cali it started with mexican sativas. then thais, viets, and cambodians with the war, and later afghani indicas came too. So alot of classic cali grass is mexi/thai/afg. like trainwreck and a hundred others. nowadays they grow alot of snocap and kushes.

canada grows nl, hashplant, "jamaican" even though it ain't jamaican, mighty mite, cream sodica. quick indicas for the cold.

here in the south we grow mostly mexican sativas and a lil hawaiian weed. easy to acquire and heat, mold, and pest resistant.

You know what I'm sayin? every region grows a different kind of pot for various reasons, from weather to culture. but what are you guys growing? I couldn't even guess. Hopefully you guys got some regional strains huh? not just seedbanks stock?

Rm says his mexican sativa blackseed was kept by hillbilles I think from appalachia. And killer newhaven is from there right?

C

clydefrog

most of the grows around here are un-named strains. i remember about 15 years ago, a friend had what he claimed as "northern lights" and "the G", but he was really into hyping his weed.

what ive seen over the years were mostly sativa leaning plants, some early but most not (AKA : Bagseed) which is not a bad thing, it just keeps you on your toes.

my current grow has 4 different bagseed strains. ive been saving the good seeds i get out of all the "killer weed" ive picked up over the last 20 years.

Wolff

Very interesting read. I hail from the foothills of the blueridge mnts. in Va. The farmers almanac says that the safe date to start growing is May 10. usually you can get away with a week or so earlier and the season ends here around the end of October but we have had some real mild winters lately. I've got a bunc of strains I'm getting ready to start in the weeks to come including Herijuana wich I'm hoping to be a great producer in this region. The heritage is Petrolia Headstash from cali and an outdoor strain from Kentucky called Killer New Haven. Should be great for our area. I'm gonna let 15-20 moms veg for around 2 months and then chop'em up and put them outside. I have aquired a gas powered one man auger that is 43cc(sounds like a lil dirtbike) and I am gonna be drilling holes in them there hills come spring. integrating thm into overgrown fields and hollers, cutting down small trees if need be for sunlight and putting up coyote piss to ward of rodents. I'm using dry organics that I mix into each hole with a tablespoon or so of water crytals. I plan on coming back once or twice to top and feed the rest is up to mother nature. Hope to have some fun this season and I hope everyone else does and stays safe.

StayHigh149

Fond memnories of Tn & Ky...still have close ties to Ky. Here's a pic of my 1st grow (in Rubbermaids). It was some random bagseed that I picked up while in Ky....very nice smoke!!!!!!!!!

Also, there is a documentary, with Billy Ray Cirus (or however u spell it) that takes about the "hillbillies" of Appalachia & how they grow. It was a VERY good doc about the rgion, the people & how they have ALWAYS fought prohibition...alcohol & canna. Saw it on the Discovery or Travel channel last month....

These are early pics but my camera had broken so I couldn't get anymore. This plant turned out to be some top notch smoke indeed!

Kaskadian

Veteran
where did all the appy mtn folk go?

I grew out that way for about 8 years until I moved back home out West. Great weather for growing, and some seriously GOOD growers out there. Hope to see more of those growers pop in and share some pictures of their work.

:tiphat:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Bump it where the Appalachia crew at and what are you growing and gonna do??? Looking for some old or young growers to chat about there grows and things....I moved back from up north and doing some outdoor growing in the Appalachia!!!