What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hellllppp!!! Light stayed on in flower

Dr. J

I just noticed damn near 2.5-3 weeks into flower 2 out of the 8 lights were on 24. The plants were super deficient looking and stretched super bad! I’m exactly 40 days in and I am barely seeing sites. And even now they aren’t looking that good....are they re bounding very slowly? Or did I blow this run and should I cut my losses? Thanks for any advice!

rolandomota

Damn 8 lights? Keep going your too far to turn back now just finish them they should start packing on the weight in the next week or two. Your actually about to enter 3 weeks flower right i say finish and cut the crop rather than start over thats a lot of loss if you do start over your plants kept vegging and the low amount light with two light at night stressed them thats why their tall and stretchy and im guessing you stoped feeding nitrogen thinking they would flower so thats why they look bad you could also have nutrient lockout if you fed flower nutrition during the accidental 3 week 24 hour light mishap. The best thing to do is finish and dont mess up next time make sure the lights are doing what you want them to do.

Last edited:

Scrappy-doo

If 2 lights were on then you were not in flower. Start counting flower days from when you fixed the problem.

2011rex87

No you did not mess anything up most likely. 2 out of 8 lights were probably keeping all the plants in the room in VEG still. The plants under the 6 off lights may have stretched for lack of light since they were used to getting a higher intensity of light. Most likely they did not initiate flower.

As the previous poster mentioned just restart the clock from when you fixed the issue and everything will work out in the end. The worst thing that may have happened is you stopped feeding Nitrogen when you put them into flower but they stayed in VEG and had a higher need for Nitrogen which could explain any yellowing out. Not going to be a problem if you correct it.