What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Save your lungs!

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Bullshit!

It was the cigs.

smoking is particulate matter whether or not carcinogens are involved is moot

No it's not. Smoking marijuana is the exception because the smoke is harmless. Do you not comprehend this?

Your whole post is total bullshit but you can believe what you want.

Truth. You run from the truth so what would you know weatherman.

You provide no facts other than your baseless opinion.

Marijuana smoke contains cancer eating compounds in the tar and there are plenty of facts to back this up on the web. Go search it yourself.

It's an expectorant also.

There is no Polonium in marijuana.

Quit comparing tobacco smoke to cannabis smoke. There is no comparison.

it was the cigs , i implied that.
you're preaching to the choir, preacherman.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=278827

i've stated many times on these forums that cannabis heals cancer not causes it.

look to my profile where i prove what i say with pictures of my personal experience with dread of that shit.

why do you think i quit cigarettes? why do you think i quit smoking joints when i've loved it for 50 years? why do you think when a knee-jerk will suffice?

you're barking up the wrong tree.

particulates in smoke irratates my bronchia, not that you would care or give me credence not in what i believe but in proof.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
...and you'd better think again about joints, the papers of which are possible carcinogens.

oh yeah, the gummed edge...glue.

during combustion, besides soot you are exposed to Carbon Monoxide & Carbon Dioxide which are not doing any favors for your heart let alone your lungs.

ignore or overlook at your peril.

to the Op, i suggest buying the most expensive you can afford.

the Volcano if you can swing it.

Wendull C.

Veteran
They chew through weed.

Maybe a 1 hitter glass dugout could conserve though with a heat wand.

Wanna conserve, get a brass/glass dugout.

Also I notice the lower quality cannabis material, the less it vapes. Better just to make it last in a pipe.

You dont know whst you are talking about.

Get a better vaporizer.

St. Phatty

When I smoke, I inhale one lung-ful of crumbled bud lit with a lighter.

Anyway then I filter the smoke in a waterpipe.

Very little of the 'chimney feeling' I get if I'm around too much smoke.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
The first time i vaped was in 1978, when my best buddy brought a vaporizer home from Jamaica...
His rasta friend made it for him, but called it a steam pipe...

In 1981, I made my 3rd trip to Ja, and stayed with this rasta man and his wife, up in the hills.
Winston didn't like smoke, but he loved his ganja....
He made me a steam pipe, which I still have and still use...
I've had to replace the bowl and the coal pan a few times, but the main body of the pipe, which holds water, has not split on me yet...

Here's a picture of it in my front yard by the camp fire pit, a few years ago...

I don't like the modern idea of making weed into oil and mixing it with glycol or whatever to vape in an e-cig. I think that defeats the whole purpose...

And the guy who says pot smoke is not bad for you, but cigarette smoke is, is so full of shit his eyes are brown...

All smoke is bad for you to inhale.. (duh!!!)....
but most of us still do it anyway.

Attachments

• steam pipe.jpg
    steam pipe.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 23

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
that's a cool rig Bud, with a good story too!
can you explain the construction somewhat to replicate? because it actually appears to be a variant of a water-pipe or bong....

anyway i mistook the vaporizer in question (OPs) as static and not portable, which yours obviously is.

:coffee:

Sarcclash

"If you have been pushing vaporizing over the last few years on ICMAG over smoking the herb, you are either stupid or you own a vaporizer company or are one those E-liquid tobacco stores and are shilling for them.

Smoking cannabis is no more harmful than vaping it. Cannabis does not cause cancer, whether vaped or smoked. I'd rather smoke my organic clean burning herb, then vape some chemical grown herb and these mystery oils.

I'm boycotting vaping. I have a vape but I prefer to take small hits on my glass pipe, call me old fashioned. Also joints are awesome. This whole vaping thing has become an abomination.

Marijuana is a non carcinogen. There are no carcinogens in marijuana smoke so everyone needs to stop comparing cannabis to the tobacco leaf that actually is carcinogenic on it's own. On top of that, they the companies spike it with 100 other dangerous chemicals on top of it being loaded with small amounts of plumonium that sticks in the tar from the chemical fertilizers. Who knows whats in these cannabis E- liquids could contain that the stores are so heavily pushing on everyone.

I'll be smoking on my clean burning organic homegrown herb and I can run 7 miles just fine.

Not everyone can handle vaporizer hits either and it's really bad if you have COPD. I find vapes too expandomatic, sometimes its like inhaling menthol, takes your breath away. Vapes make me cough too much.

Small hits on a glass pipe serve me well. "

Worst advice I have read on this site, We Wait.
ANY type of smoke you inhale is gonna have plenty of the real killer in it: carbon monoxide(CO).
Carbon monoxide is formed as a by-product of incomplete combustion of any carbon bearing material. If combustion were complete, there would be no smoke, which means no high.
You're probably thinking "Dude, small hits on a glass pipe ain't enough to kill"- not immediately no, but CO has an affinity with the hemoglobin in your blood 200X stronger than oxygen (O2). And it can tie up that hemoglobin for up to 12 hours, which is plenty of time for it to do real damage to your body.
The damage CO does to your body is mechanical.
Once the hemoglobin in your red blood cells attaches to CO, the red blood cell shrinks and becomes hard, hard enough to damage the inside walls of your arteries as it is pumped through. Unfortunately our bodies response to this is to to fix the damage... with cholesterol!
Any one who smokes regularly has arterial plaque, guaranteed. And arterial plaque is the cause of heart attacks, strokes and other forms of blood clots.

My story: I quit cigarettes and all tobacco in the early 1980's. Ran 10k's, hiked for weeks in the wilderness, exercised regularly and I eat healthy. About 4 years ago I reconnected with the noble weed the same way I left it, water bongs. Bigtime. Last summer I was flush with pot, smoked every chance I got. This fall I underwent cardiac catheterization that saved my life as my widowmaker was almost totally occluded.

Sure I probably had damage from before but I know smoking weed these last few years nearly did me in.
Now I vape and yes, it's not the same high as from a bong but I suspect some of that high was from O2 deprivation caused by CO.
A bonus I get from vaping is that vaping (at least mine) doesn't extract all the thc.
The vaped bud has been decarboxylized perfectly and I can sprinkle it on food, yogurt you name it for a double high.
If I were you I'd reconsider smoking anything.

2011rex87

That has turned into a crazy Smoking Vs Vaping thread...

Anyway.. I love vaping for flavor. This is specially true when testing new genetics or when you need to try to determine differences in pheno of the same strain. I think this was mentioned before but obviously everyone knows that when properly done, vaping delivers the upmost flavor experience as far as flower is concerned. The "AVB" already vaped bud is great for edibles afterwards because it has already been heat activated which means it will be psychoactive when eaten. No need to pre-decarboxylate when working with AVB.

Latest posts

Latest posts