What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ReikoX and Juanita sitting in a tree

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

Here is the canopy at two weeks of 12/12. The screen is about 90% full. I still have another week other two of stretch, but will be away for the next five days. When I get back I'll do one last tuck and the screen should be completely full. I think I timed the flip perfectly. :woohoo:

Juanita 1 is slowing down already. She is looking a tad bit hungry. I just cut down the reverted mom from my PC. She was done at 9 weeks. This may cause a problem in the screen as her sister went 11 weeks last round.

Juanita 2 is stretching and branching as expected. I probably could have used just her to fill the while screen, but where is the fun in that? She is looking green and lush. Don't tell her sister, but she's my favorite of the two so far. Let's see how long we can keep these girls happy. They got fed 1.5 gallons of:
10 ml/gal Bio Vega
8 ml/gal Bio Boost
2 ml/gal Rhizotonic
5 ml/gal SM-90
pH 6.1, 600 ppm

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

Here is the full screen at 3.5 weeks. Last week I wasn't here to tuck any more tops, so it's not quite as even as I wanted. I've started aggressively removing the biggest fan leaves from under the screen. I removed a few from the top that were blocking bud sites.

Juanita 1 is starting to develop bud sites. They are starting to elongate and fill in.

Juanita 2 is just as crazy as ever. She's just starting to form buds. There are still tons of leaves everywhere. They got pH 6.1 water a few days ago and tonight were fed:
14 ml/gal Bio Flores
8 ml/gal Bio Boost
2 ml/gal Rhizotonic
5 ml/gal SM-90
pH 6.2, 610 ppm

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

A while back in this thread I was trying some CBD testing. I decided to repeat the process again to compare my two Juanita girls. I've never done this on Juanita 2 so I was curious. The attempt didn't work out as well as i had hoped.

First up is Juanita 1. I included her in my last round of testing. Last time she was grown in my PC and tested positive for CBD. This time she was reverted and put back in my PC. This time I didn't get a good extraction. You can barely see the spots, but they are dark purple as expected.

I also did the modified version, it did show a purple color as well, but not as dark as last time.

Next up is Juanita 2. This is the only one I seemed to get a decent extraction with. There is not a whole lot of purple in there, maybe a little.

The flip top vile might have a touch of purple as well.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
2016.08.13 (cont.)

2016.08.13 (cont.)

Finally I tested some Delicious Candy as "control" group. Not a great extraction, you can see a very light purple ring.

The vile however is mostly greenish yellow.

Here are all three viles for comparison. Clearly Juanita 1 is the darkest purple on the top. Followed by Juanita 2 in the middle and Delicious Candy on the bottom. The darker the purple the more CBD.

I would say that the test was inconclusive. I think the only thing I can say for sure is Juanita 1 has more CBD than Juanita 2. Juanita 2 and Delicious Candy are difficult to tell apart.

I may try this again using a larger sample size for the extraction. I also want to grind up the samples with a grinder.

UPDATED 2016.08.14

After setting overnight, it becomes clear that Juanita 2 has little to no CBD. It looks just like the control, while Juanita 1 has turned the dark purple I expected. A final lab analysis will be needed to confirm this. I plan to get both plants tested after this round.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

picture.php

Here are my Juanita girls at 4 weeks. I know above the screen looks crazy still, but I've been working under the screen.

picture.php

Under the screen is finally all cleaned up after taking everything slowly over the last few days. I'll give them a few days to recover then start up on the top.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

So the Juanita sisters are at 6 weeks now. It smells so good in thre! Clearly I am seeing the difference in the two plants. The CBD Juanita on the left and the THC Juanita on the right. I know that back left corner never shows up well in these pictures, but you can see the difference in bud size and structure.

Here we have a close up shot of the CBD Juanita in the corner. She has shorter and denser buds than her sister. Though she has a similar terpene profile, it's not as strong as her sister either. She is ripening faster than her sister too, which may be a problem in the ScrOG. My hope is to take her 11-12 weeks for a CBD/CBN cannabanoid profile for night time.

And here is THC Juanita in all her glory. She leans more toward the long flowering NLD side. Last time I took her 11 weeks and think she could have gone a couple more if she didn't fall over. I'm hoping the screen will help that this time.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

Here we have the girls at 7.5 weeks of 12/12. I took a picture with the lights on for a change of pace. Juanita 1 on the left is starting to ripen up, Juanita 2 on the right is just starting to set buds. I've begun tapering off the nutrients. They got 1.5 gal each of:
15 ml/gal Bio Boost
8 ml/gal Bio Flores
5 ml/gal SM-90
2 ml/gal
PH 6.2, 470 ppm

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

Juanita is at 8 weeks now. She looks like she is ripening up faster than last time. I gave them their last feeding today. It will be straight water for the next two or three weeks. I'm sure there are plenty of nutrients left in the soil as I've fed this round pretty frequently. I used the flash to show the color of the leaves as the begin to fade away.

Here is Juanita 1 (AKA CBD Juanita). She would probably be ready at 9 weeks, but I've been feeding her still. I hope to take her to 11 or 12 weeks like her sister. A high CBD/CBN ratio would make for a wonderful night time smoke.

Here is Juanita 2 (AKA THC Juania). She's ripening up a little faster than last time. Getting some purple in the leaves already. I took her at 11 weeks last time and it was wonderful smoke.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

CBD Juanita's trichomes are mostly cloudy with a few amber. She should be harvested in the next couple of days, but her sister isn't ready. They are in the same screen. I'm not sure if I'm going to cut her out of the screen earlier than her sister or let her go a bit longer. She hasn't been flushed at all though.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
2016.09.14 (cont.)

2016.09.14 (cont.)

THC Juanita still needs a couple of weeks. Most of the trichomes are clear with few very few amber. Last time I took her at 11 weeks and was very pleased with the smoke. I never even looked at the trichomes.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

Hitting the home stretch now. These ladies are are about 68 days here. Filling in and fading out. I still have a jar of the THC Juanita, and this looks like a better yield than last time. The next run will be a couple of Strawberry Blues I got in Denver. THC Juanita is like my crazy ex-girlfriend, and we need a break. And like my crazy ex-girlfriend, I will probably run Juanita again sooner than later.

I mean don't tell me you wouldn't hit that! THC Juanita turning purple.

CBD Juanita is no slouch either, but damn these girls are going to be a PITA to trim.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

The time has come, these girls will be getting the chop on Friday (75 days 12/12). I even took the day off from work to harvest.
:woohoo:

CBD Juanita was about done a week ago.

THC Juanita is just now finishing up.

:greenstars:

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

The day has come to chop them down. They went 68 days. I cut out the screen and removed them to trim.

CBD Juanita, a bit thicker buds, she held her shape well without the screen. Still a ton of leaf though, guess I'll have to make some hash soon.

THC Juanita, very airy buds and she didn't hold her shape once the screen was removed.

All hung up to dry. I'm guessing around 90 grams dry. I think I'm going to cob cure some of the THC Juanita. Maybe even a little bit of the CBD Juanita too.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

I decided to do the Malawi cob cure with most of the THC Juanita.

First I weighed out about an ounce of buds that were just barely ready to go into jars. These I wrapped in corn husks and tied it tightly with string.

I placed it loosly in a bag for two days on top of my water heater to sweat a bit.

Next I vacuum sealed the cob and put it back on top of my water heater.

After about 10 days I opened up the cob. Now I just have to dry it out and let it age for a few months.

I have CBD Juanita and THC Juanita that I want to test. I hope to take a sample of this for testing. I think it will be interesting to see the difference in terpenes and cannabanoid profiles.

@Tangwena, thanks for sharing this method!
:respect:

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

1.1 grams of CBD Juanita Absolute.

I started with 14 grams of dried and cured bud. I broke up the buds into pea sizes nugs and soaked in a themos for two hours. It was then filtered through a coffee filter and evaporated over a warm water bath. When most of the butane was evaporated, 90ml of warm everclear was added to dissolve the oil. The alcohol solution was then put in the freezer for 48 hours until the waxes precipitated out. It was then filtered and poured into a parchment paper lined pie pan and allowed to evaporate in a pizza box for another 48 hours. This was scraped up and put on a slick pad where it stayed in the vacuum chamber for 24 hours. Finally it was heated to 100°F and under vacuum for 72 hours.

The result is a very terpy pull and snap. It's not shatter at room temperature, but you can definitely touch it without it sticking to you. It smells wonderful and the flavor is out of this world. On the exhale it's like floral candy. The high takes a while to hit you, gently taking you higher and higher then keeps you there for quite a while. There is also a nice relaxing body high that goes along with it without causing couch lock.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Lab Results

Lab Results

Got my lab results from this grow. As expected, one phenotype has almost a 1:1 THC:CBD ratio and the other is mostly THC. I also got the cob cured Juanita tested. Interesting results, not what I was expecting.

picture.php

CBD Juanita
picture.php

THC Juanita
picture.php

Cob cured THC Juanita

mless

Wow, I'm pretty impressed with your crops and especially the THC content of the cob sample! You made me wanna try to do the same but I'm far from chopping my weed. ;-)

Sante

In DoPa
Got my lab results from this grow. As expected, one phenotype has almost a 1:1 THC:CBD ratio and the other is mostly THC. I also got the cob cured Juanita tested. Interesting results, not what I was expecting.

View Image
CBD Juanita
View Image
THC Juanita
View Image
Cob cured THC Juanita
woohoo.gif

Amazing and helpfull run!.
If I understood correctly you tested two different juantita phenotypes.

one was ish 1:1 and the otherNO CBD a pheno ?

can we therefore conclude that the Beam test was not so reliable and that the juanita is not stable as claimed by the reggaeseed breeder?

And finally cob cured increased of six points the THC level?
Was the sample took from the same identical crop at the same identical flowering stage?

Or am I completely wrong?

Latest posts

Latest posts