What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ReikoX and Juanita sitting in a tree

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
G-R-O-W-I-N-G
Welcome to my next grow. This grow will be in my storage cabinet. For reference here are the specs.

Flower Chamber:
20"D x 36"W x 48H
2 x 180w (110 draw) Blackstar Chrome LEDs
4" inline fan with carbon filter.

Vegetive Chamber:
20"D x 24"W x 20"D
4 bulb 2 foot T5HO
Shares exhaust with flower chamber

The medium will be Fox Farms Coco Loco.
The pots will be 5 gallon smart pots.
The nutrients will be Bio Canna line (Vega, Flores, Boost, and Rhizotonic) according to their schedule.
The strain will be Juanita de Lagrimosa. Here is the breeders description:

Genetics: Reina Madre x Diesel
Type: Mostly Sativa
Indoor Flowering: 60/65 days
Outdoor Flowering: Early October.
Yield: Medium
CBD: 8%
THC: 6%

Finally she is here, Juanita la Lagrimosa in her feminised version.

Having come from a collaboration with Elite Seeds, they have feminised it, with guarantees, a Juanita for whoever may want to grow her, for all to enjoy her raw qualities. A cross between a Mexican/Afghani x Reina Madre original created Juanita la Lagrimosa, a plant which you won't forget, that's a Reggae Seeds guarantee. This mainly Sativa plant, has a high yield and a relatively short flowering, pulling up at around 60/65 days indoors & harvesting around the first fortnight of October.

Her citric Haze aroma, a hash-like/fruity taste & her Haze-like/Hash-like smoke will surprise you over and over again, it will remind you of so many things that the only thing you will want is to keep "the Precious" all to yourself. It also has a very clean cerebral effect, which will send you high, high, high, high. You won't stop thinking, talking & moving, as it is very social. Not exactly recommended for relaxing.

I recently picked up some Juanita de Lagrimosa from the dispensary because of its 1:1 THC:CBD ratio. I immediately fell in love with this girl. The combination of THC and CBD is some of the best medicine for my condition. Smoking this makes my anxieties wash away better than Xanax, my body too relaxes as a calm euphoric feel keeps you from getting couch locked. The main comment I got from friends was that it reminds them of what we smoked high school (late 90s).

This is Juanita, she is a BIG girl and gets extra love and praise, don't tell her "sisters". She had side branches and huge leaves at only five nodes. I took two small side branches and put them in the cloner. I also topped her two days ago. She's already recovered and is trying to kiss the T5HO, so I did some LST on her. Note the lighter in the background for scale.

The plan is to get 2-3 good clones rooted and move them under the LEDs for a few weeks veg. I'm still debating two or three plants. That will determine how long to veg.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

Juanita is ready for some nitrogen. She's been on a water only diet until now. She's a kinky girl and seems to love being tied up. She already has six growth tips. I think once I get a couple rooted clones of Juanita, she's going to move to the penthouse upstairs.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

Juanita had a feeding of:
8 ml/gal Bio Vega
8 ml/gal Rhizotonic

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

With the colder weather, I've been having a difficult time taking clones. I've had some success, but it's been hit or miss. While discussing this with my brother, he suggested I use 24/0 lighting for cloning to promote root development. So, I set my timer in the flower chamber to 24/0 and moved my bubble cloner and seedling mat in there too. The lights are only 1/2 way on and up as high as they will go. I didn't want to light stress them.

Took some more clones, as the moms needed a trim anyway. Juanita gave me four 2 1/2" cuts. I'm trying the perlite method one last time. I've only had one success with this method, but I've never done it with 24/0 lighting.

These are the clones I took about 9 days ago. It had to replace my air stone, notice how the left side sponges look dry.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
This has been posted a few times, but I want to put it here for reference. While looking for more info on the strain I ran into this article on the CBD Wave. I was surprised on how important a role Juanita de Lagrimosa played in the CBD Wave.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

Juanita is a tough little girl. I took four more clones off of her three days ago and she could even give me a couple more today. I decided to tie her up some more and work her way around the pot.

After getting tied up she got pH 6.0 water and put back with her sisters. I expect her to be facing back upward in a day or so.

iTarzan

You are off to a nice start. The LST is working.

That seems like a generous description of the effects for only being 6% THC. However, the CBD rating of 8% could be in the mix too. I don't have any experience with CBD strains.

Have you tried this before?

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
You are off to a nice start. The LST is working.

That seems like a generous description of the effects for only being 6% THC. However, the CBD rating of 8% could be in the mix too. I don't have any experience with CBD strains.

Have you tried this before?
Thanks, she's already asking me to take more cuttings off her.

Yes, I've tried this strain from my dispensary and fell in love with her! She tested at 8% THC, 8% CBD. A great euphoric high with no ceiling or crash on the way down.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

Tiny little clone rooted in the Folgers can cloner. The little girl took 18 days and she was still the first one to root.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

Another boring veg picture. I've got one rooted clone and two more who are starting to pop out a tap root. Once I get three rooted cuts I'll throw them in the main cab under 18/6 for a couple weeks then the show will get started. Watered with pH 6.0 water and smoked a J.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

Finally getting some roots going. It's been taking forever in the cold weather. I have four baby Juanitas and a Deadhead OG that is going to be gifted to a fellow patient. One of the Juanitas went in my PC uSOG.

Here is a family photo with mom and her babies. I'm only growing out three of them, but it's good to have extra. Not sure what I'll do with the fourth.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

Fed Juanita and her sisters:
10 ml/gal Bio Vega
8 ml/gal Rhizotonic

Juanita and her sisters got fed and some cuttings were taken. I wrapped them in wet paper towels and put them in baggies. They are going to a new home.

When I got there we prepped the clones and put them under a dome. I got some seeds and some smoke for my troubles.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

I got everything I needed to try testing for CBD at home. I was curious if it would work with fan leaves while still in veg. If it would, that would greatly accelerate the breeding of CBD and possibly even help determine the 1:1, 1:0, 0:1 TCH:CBD ratios. To set up the experiment I took a fan leaf about the size of a quarter from three different plants. On top is a THC Bomb from a flowering plant, the bottom is from that plant's mom. Finally is a fan leaf from Juanita. I cut the fingers off the leaves and trimmed them to roughly the same size. I added 0.25ml Lye, a bit of the leaf, and a piece of carbon on top. Finally I added 91% ISO (need to get me some 70%) to fill the vile.

After shaking until the lye dissolved, I waited about 20 minutes. There was no noticeable change in color. I'll try this experiment throughout the grow to see when the earliest signs of CBD can be detected with this method. Several things I'm going to try include, letting the leaves dry out before the test, using 70% ISO, and using less lye.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

Fed the clones 7.5 ml/gal Fish Emulsion. Note that the one in the front left is a couple of days ahead of the rest. The yellow leaves are from the clones rooting, I've just left them there.

I'm helping a new grower get started, so I've rooted this DOG for them. I just harvested the mom in my PC, and she's some pretty good smoke. Clones, the gift that keeps on giving.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

Here is Juanita and her daughters after a watering with pH 6.0 water. It's about time to up-pot the clones and they should start to really take off. I want to do a big clone run while these veg out. Hopefully will start flowering them in a couple of weeks.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

Almost a complete tray full of clones. Some of them are from re-veg attempts and a couple from a couple of weeks flowering.

Transplanted the four Juanita clones and moved them under the LED set to 18/6.