What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GOT SLIME? Slime Haters Club (part 2 to Strange Slime build up on roots)

richyrich

Out of the slime, finally.
Veteran
hey doneit, read this too about spores

Here is testimonial experience from the original slime club thread years ago.

09-16-2007, 06:54 PM #117
richyrich

Yup, this is turning out to be quite a club. I never thought so many people would be experiencing the same problem. Before I got control of it, I thought I was the only person cursed with it. For years I searched for answers and was always given the same ol' root rot deal and what to do for it.

I have no problems and everything is quite easy for me now. Though, I am still interested in finding a way to beat the brown algae with beneficials. So far all the ones sold by hydro companies don't do squat crap. What bacterias are you speaking of. I too have looked toward aquarium and aquaponics chat boards for answers. Didn't really find anything to beat it off. Such as beneficial bacterias fending off bad bacteria (root rot). I just went after complete neutralization with Physan20 or containment with Zone.

Keep us posted on your work. This algae still intrigues me.

10-30-2007, 05:04 PM #172
richyrich

I'll give you my thoughts on Hygrozyme.

The product breaks down materials and makes them available to the plants. I've noticed that dead root parts and leaves that fell in my rez's in the past would disappear into a sludge like substance. This was the Hygrozyme in action, breaking stuff down. Now, from what I have previously said about being careful with organics fueling the algae, the Hygrozyme is breaking down the materials which are organic and feeding the algae. Then boom algae explosion with all the new found organic food. That is my theory on it.

I only use Hyrozyme in soil now or feed to waste only. You do not want to use it in a re-circulating rez.

02-28-2008, 02:06 AM #203
richyrich

I haven't been here for a while but I previously posted a lot on this subject earlier. If you read trough all of my posts with pictures you will see all the hell I went through and I tried a lot of things over 2 years. Do you want to know what to do now. I have been bit by the hydro herpes as I call it and there is a 90% chance you will never get rid of the spores at your location. Here it is.

You need to go to feed to waste with a medium of your choice. This is what I do now and I have pearly white fuzzy roots. What a change of pace for once. It was rough trying to figure out what the hell was happening but I did figure it out once I ran into this post. One person early on mentioned algae and I started to research heavily. I found most of the info in aquarium chat rooms. That is when I found that it was a brown algae and not the typical blue-green variety that needs light. Brown algae don't need no light. An arduous journey it was for me and now it is over finally.

You are infected with the hydro herp. I recommend no more recirculating resevoirs. Use at your risk. Go feed to waste and then the plants cannot infect each other.

01-07-2008, 09:24 PM #184
richyrich

Algae problems will make the ph go up. "Root Rot" meaning caused by bad bacteria or fungi will make your ph go down. Both types of problems will make your roots brown and dead. Zone is a great product, but if your temps are not in range you will still have problems. What are your exact water temps? No guesses. I use a little $10 digital aquarium thermometer to take readings.

Glad to see that a lot of you guys are benefiting from this.

I have changed my style to organic hydro. Coco, peat moss and perlite blends with organic bottled nutes. I feed them just like if I were growing in soil. Feed to waste and I don't have to worry about water temps or any kind of algae, bacteria or fungi problems. I could hit myself over the head for not changing up my style a long time ago. I find this way to be so much easier and yields are up to par.

Even though I know how to beat every plague now, my garden is forever infested with algae spores. I cannot go back to straight hydro. It's just like getting mold or pm. Read the threads about how they can never get rid of it after they get it. It's the spores.

04-01-2008, 01:22 PM #222
richyrich

An endospore is a dormant, tough, and non-reproductive structure produced by a small number of bacteria from the Firmicute phylum. The primary function of most endospores is to ensure the survival of a bacterium through periods of environmental stress. They are therefore resistant to ultraviolet and gamma radiation, desiccation, lysozyme, temperature, starvation, and chemical disinfectants. Endospores are commonly found in soil and water, where they may survive for long periods of time. Some bacteria produce exospores or cysts instead.

That is why I have said once you get it you will always have it. At least, in the same room or place. Once infected you cannot get rid of the spores. I tried and I tried and if you read back you will see me saying this. Feed to waste is the only way after that if you want no hassles. Otherwise, you will always be just containing it with other measures such as Zone. All of my trial and error concluded that Zone was the best containment product but I still had hassles.

04-02-2008, 11:06 AM #227
richyrich

It could get rid of it but so does H202 and other things. But those spores you know. Evolved over millions to billions of years to stand up to anything as previously posted. Somebody find me a way to kill spores short of a nuclear bomb. I doubt that may even work. Can't a cockroach survive the bomb?

04-06-2008, 12:10 PM #235
jarff

Man RR you are doing your homework but to say the least it is a bit over my head,but I do get the jest of it. A catch-22.to say the least.It seems one would have to throw everything out and start a-fresh.

04-06-2008, 06:53 PM #236
richyrich

Thanks for the kind words. Talking about throwing everything away and starting new; I think that would have to include tossing the place your growing at too. lol. This cyanobacteria is some of the first living things to live on this earth. It is indistructable. I am gonna have to completely understand it to defeat it or keep it away at best. After a little bit of research, again, I think I found my problems which I posted last. I am gonna have to experiment to rule out my new theories. I would love to go back to hydro. At one point I only had to go in the bloom room once a week. Talk about easy street. When I got slimed it has been years of work.

But, I am in no rush. I am tired of dealing with this stuff but willing to still fight it.

12-12-2008, 07:39 PM #302
NFTNate

Richy ive read this whole thread probably 3 times and I'm amazed at the lengths you went to fix this with no cure. Are the people of ICMAG going to give up on this issue? I know when I was joined with OG they would never let a grower down! We need mass brain power! READ THIS THREAD PEOPLE! I dont want to go back to soil. We need a scientist to help us out here. I know there has to be someone that knows the proper CURE for this shit. I will post pics of my encounter with this alien algae to help.

12-13-2008, 12:31 PM #304
richyrich

I'm afraid there is no cure. Prevention is a must always but once you get it, what to do? Physan20 to to erradicate what is present and then Dutch Master Zone to keep it at bay once it comes right back. All my trials led me to this solution. And to tell the truth I was still not happy with that but it was the best I could do.

I spoke of it in earlier threads but I have not tried it yet because I have semi-retired from growing. Since I moved to soil previously, more specifically organics, I learned a lot about beneficial bacteria, fungi and etc.. I have yet to try to battle the hydro herpe with beneficials in hydro the right way. I believe the way to do it would be to have your rez primed with beneficials that would not allow the slime algae a chance at getting a foot hold. You would have to seed the rez with the right beneficials, feed them properly and let it prime for 2 weeks before introducing any plants to the system. Rez change outs would be very different. I have done it in the past with success. I would probably start by just doing add backs, water and nutes. No complete change outs. You would be dumping your beneficials and then you know who's gonna come slime you. Then I would try partial change outs. Maybe dump half and add back half. That way you still have a large colony of beneficials to fend off the herp. Anyway, that is what I was thinking for my next round for when ever that may be.

01-31-2009, 06:38 PM #309
richyrich

It's been 6 weeks since I last posted so thought I'd give you all an update on what I have been doing. As I posted in the past I had gone to soil. Well since then I next finally starting playing with coco.

I have to say I am amazed with the stuff. As I read somebody else post they were koo koo for coco, so am I. The stuff is really amazing. It is nearly impossible to over water unlike soil and the growth is just as fast as hydro. I have been doing a small hand watered grow and have learned that the ppms and ph need to be treated just like hydro. The roots are so white and appear to look like hydro roots instead of soil roots. This stuff blows soil away. Its all feed to waste so you never have to worry about our friend the hydro herpe, brown slime algae. And you get hydro results. If you just cant beat the hydro herpe I highly suggest switching to coco feed to waste. You will not be sorry. The next thing I have to work on is making this auto with a drip type set up.

02-03-2009, 08:31 PM #314
richyrich

There is nothing that will get rid of it. You can kill it but it will be back. And if you do get rid of it you will always worry about if it will come back because it most likely will. Once you get herpes you always have it and it will flare up whenever. And that is not from personal experience, lol.

RO water or tap don't matter. It seems as if one day a spore just decided to take a swim in your reservoir and multiply. Then you are done. You soon have a room full of microscopic spores. There is no way to get rid of them. I even tried an ozone generator in the room to kill spores. I concede that there is no way to kill off one of the first inhabitants of this earth. There is a reason it has survived since the beginning of time here.

Organic, sugar and enzyme products make the herpe explode on a food binge.

Physan20 kills it completely but it will come back. Water temps don't matter. H2O2, SM90, etc... help a little but are basically useless. Dutch Master Zone is the only product that keeps it at bay best but it is still not gone. It's there just waiting to take over.

The only way to run hydro once you have the hydro herpe is to ditch the recirculating reservoirs!!! You have to go feed to waste. Other options are soil and coco.

That's a recap on everything I have posted on my years of battling this. It is futile and if you are insisting on battling it I wish you the best of luck. If you read this whole thread you will find most of my journey and all trial and tribulations to this battle. I LOST in the end. Word from the wise and hopefully this thread helps a lot of people because when I started I could find nothing on this issue. Everyone said it was root rot which is far from the truth.

05-16-2009, 03:48 PM #386
richyrich

Update.

Day 14 UV Reservoir Sterilization:

Healthy plants and pearly white roots. No sign of slime. No raises in ph indicative of slime.

05-21-2009, 12:59 AM #404
ItsGrowTime

Speaking of which, Im convinced that the slime is in the tap water. I notice the slime issue in the summer months only and of course that is when lakes (source of mine and many other people's tap water) start their algae blooms. During the winter its too cold for the algae to bloom so it's not a problem then. The spores make their way through the purification process and end up in our reservoirs, ready to rock on their newfound food source (res nutes).

07-06-2009, 01:51 AM #486
richyrich

Yes, no slime at all with the UV sterlizer in the reservoir. I few pages back in this thread a poster brought up the Sunleaves brand unit and I bought it to try. I was thinking why not, I had tried most things in the past. So far, still good. I would of been slimed long ago.

As far as which is better, I can't make that call yet until I am done. Growth is just as rigorous as can be expected in hydro, though. So far, both ways are working great and I have to say it's about time.

07-22-2009, 04:43 AM #514
richyrich

This is why the self inflicted pythium will not go away. The UV does not offer protection to my roots that are above the rez in a seperate flood tray. The pythium started on the dead dried out roots and spread to colonize itself to the entire root mass. It is clinging to the roots so it will never make itself to the rez to be zapped by the UV. I wasn't planning on getting pythium, but mistakes happen. Don't get pythium and the UV should take you all the way. The reason UV works for the slime is because it likes to colonize itself in a water environment like a rez. With a UV going in the rez, no slime as I have documented.

09-07-2009, 10:41 PM #645
richyrich

No UV on my RO filter. I'm not 100% sure that a UV on the RO filter would be effective at killing spores. All the research I did and posted on this way back concluded that the spores pretty much live through anything; even the bombardment of UV radiation. The only options I have found effective once infected are UV in the rez to destroy the slime once it becomes active from its spore state and beneficial microbes as a combative measure.

I agree, benes should not be killed off with the use of a UV sterilizer; but only after the bene microbes have established a foothold in the hydro system.

10-15-2009, 12:42 PM #706
richyrich

You will not be disappointed with the coco. Oh yeah!, DWC is the fastest I ever grew, too. Was my first system. Coco is good though and absolutely no worries about the slime. Do a search on Pico's manifold for a drip system for your coco. It will make things much easier instead of hand watering. Hook it up to a pump and cycle timer and you can walk away for days. Much luck growing.

06-16-2010, 06:44 PM #1028
ItsGrowTime

It looks like my combination of RO filtering and UV sterilization has worked to clean my res water of all nasties, including the slime algae! My roots have never been so white! Want to rid yourself of the stuff forever? RO and UV.

07-04-2010, 01:14 PM #1068
ItsGrowTime

Good luck! Im sure it will fix your problem for good. Just remember to never addback any water that didn't run through the UV first.

05-08-2011, 11:07 PM #1178
ItsGrowTime

UV has worked for me to clear up the slime issue. All my plant water goes through the UV before it comes near my girls.

UV has worked for me to clear up the slime issue.

08-03-2012, 03:28 AM #1204
ItsGrowTime

Im still slime free after running all tap water through a 3 stage RO and a UV sterilizer AND adding heavy amounts of Physan20 to the fresh water and the res every few days (250gallons total volume). Bleach for cleaning out the system. No water touches my roots until it's been cleaned. No more slime.

cleto reyes

Hey richy thanks for the reply, i have tried the tea with all your ingredients but thethe gh ancient forest i cant get it where i liv, do you think this is why the teaisnt working for me? i have tried to do coco crops but my slime seems to like coco aswell and plants die quicker than in hydro, i didnt try organic coco though? do you reccomend it because of the benes? i used chemical nutrient in my coco attempts do you think i should try again with oganic feed insteade benes are alw

richyrich

Veteran
Ancient Forest is way better, best with a mix of both. Not necessary though. You could always have a mutant strain. Head over to my other threads and read up for some more good info. I try to re-post valuable info in all my threads, but not always.

Tell me what water source you are using. Tap water, well water, etc.. Does tap water supplier get it from a lake, deep water well aquifer, desalination plant, a reservoir, etc..

From step one to the end, tell me what you do when you make your tea. Also, all steps when you make your batch of nutes or set rez. Do you treat the water in anyway. I need to know everything you add and every step along the way. That way I can point out the problems or direct you to treatment options.

k-grower

hello richyrich
do you have any pictures from your own plants what have grew´n whit this tea mix?
i try to find one from your user panel whit poor success, hydro and organic sounds very nice as i like to be fast and not to carry soil or other bags, though i never seen good results whit mj on organic hydro and the molasses experience what i once had whit dripfeed-ring style in hydroton did not work and got me loads of cleaning and glogging.

i need constant results, so i can have happy life even i have back problems - so i usually go for the most safe way to get results.
sugars in hydro does not sound to me an good idea at all as every nasty microbe loves the sugar and its perfect breeding substate to them, i think your trying to battle against "windmills" as don quijote.

i only seen those aquaponics whit fishes on it to do avarage job (wich most of plants have been some other than mj), wich is no solution for me because of the smell of all that fish poop, and i live in multistory condo in city so it would soon fuck things up, i also heard that when it reaches some toxic point, all the fishes suddenly die and that growing method can be like surfing on top of wawe styled thing were next bad thing is always total failure.

i´m pretty sure that you can archive an area whit out spores by using over pressure whit those ufo ventilation, as pushing constantly air to room and filter the air coming in whit active carbon filter and only enter to room after morning shower.
i don´t understand why you are giving these legal disclaimers, you put the information here and i would highly doubt that any of legal institutions would care if someone used this as thing have to be patented etc and used as commercial scale even they work and benefit anyone, what comes to using other information whit out reference to original inventors study or post in forum would make sites like this as hell on earth, imagine all the data added to post as example you know who first place did come up to that mj likes 5.3 to 6.3 ph scale and reference to that study? or who did discover that mj likes more moisture as seedling and veg than in flower? and list goes on.

Last edited:

richyrich

Veteran
Hey richy thanks for the reply, i have tried the tea with all your ingredients but thethe gh ancient forest i cant get it where i liv, do you think this is why the teaisnt working for me? i have tried to do coco crops but my slime seems to like coco aswell and plants die quicker than in hydro, i didnt try organic coco though? do you reccomend it because of the benes? i used chemical nutrient in my coco attempts do you think i should try again with oganic feed insteade benes are alw

^^^
Sorry, I didn't catch that last time. That is weird. Are you doing recirculation or drain to waste. I don't see it possible for slime to build in dtw. Unless you have a really nasty water supply with tons of spores. Or you are drowning the roots by overwatering and then inviting in the slime.

Next time, use straight chem nutes and your tap water. Is is tap, well, lake, etc. water???

Buy GH Maxibloom powder and use with tap water. Its the secret and really cheap stuff that works great the manufacturers don't want you to know.

Always use the tea. Btw, how are you treating the water before you mix the tea ingredients? I'm asking because I want to make sure the bene microbes are not being killed off or their potential reduced because of stuff still in the water like chloramines, etc..

richyrich

Veteran
hello richyrich
do you have any pictures from your own plants what have grew´n whit this tea mix?
i try to find one from your user panel whit poor success, hydro and organic sounds very nice as i like to be fast and not to carry soil or other bags, though i never seen good results whit mj on organic hydro and the molasses experience what i once had whit dripfeed-ring style in hydroton did not work and got me loads of cleaning and glogging.

i need constant results, so i can have happy life even i have back problems - so i usually go for the most safe way to get results.
sugars in hydro does not sound to me an good idea at all as every nasty microbe loves the sugar and its perfect breeding substate to them, i think your trying to battle against "windmills" as don quijote.

i only seen those aquaponics whit fishes on it to do avarage job (wich most of plants have been some other than mj), wich is no solution for me because of the smell of all that fish poop, and i live in multistory condo in city so it would soon fuck things up, i also heard that when it reaches some toxic point, all the fishes suddenly die and that growing method can be like surfing on top of wawe styled thing were next bad thing is always total failure.

i´m pretty sure that you can archive an area whit out spores by using over pressure whit those ufo ventilation, as pushing constantly air to room and filter the air coming in whit active carbon filter and only enter to room after morning shower.
i don´t understand why you are giving these legal disclaimers, you put the information here and i would highly doubt that any of legal institutions would care if someone used this as thing have to be patented etc and used as commercial scale even they work and benefit anyone, what comes to using other information whit out reference to original inventors study or post in forum would make sites like this as hell on earth, imagine all the data added to post as example you know who first place did come up to that mj likes 5.3 to 6.3 ph scale and reference to that study? or who did discover that mj likes more moisture as seedling and veg than in flower? and list goes on.

Lol, I know the fish poop smell first hand. I have been growing aquaponics for some time now for veges and tilapia. Oh and for fresh bene microbes.

I recently went thru my albums and deleted all my old grow pictures. Well, they were old and most of them were slime grows, haha. There are plenty of other people posting there pix and results elsewhere.

You never put sugar products directly into your rez. Only in your brewing tea so the bene microbes can use it all up. You will know they have used up nearly all the sugar products when the brewing tea stops frothing. It's not a for sure, but is the best simple indicator without expensive equipment and technical knowledge.

Yes, over pressurized rooms will work for spore control. But, most growers cannot or do not want to setup there rooms to take advantage of this. Also, if you run CO2, that is a no no. HEPA filters work to clear the grow room air though is not fool proof. I talked plenty about that already.

I had shared and given my recipe and knowledge to all for the past five years. I had been gone for nearly three years. I came back to find profiteers and internet fame seeking fake gurus piece-mealing out the info that's here for free all over the place with no links to the original work. It's not just the hydro specific tea recipe that has been infringed. It's all of the original work and instructions having to do with the slime. That shit is just straight out wrong and has me bent over backwards. That is the reason for the legal talk you may have read. It only went up recently. Depending on how big one's ego is, most people would be bent on others taking credit. I have read other posters on other websites calling the plagiarizer a genius, etc. several times over. That does not bother me much. If I had a massive ego, it would have been clear from the beginning of the original slime thread where I did my work. I also would not have given it out so freely. I would have milked it out to feed the ego.

There is a principal issue and an ethical one here. You are very wrong about the legal profession not caring. Copyright infringement is very serious especially for the website owners. Btw, as soon as anyone publishes an original work in a public place, their work is automatically copyrighted. That is how the law works. It's that simple. If you can prove your case, a lot of money can be involved and punitive damages just for having done it.

Most websites don't care to do anything because it would be wild. They only do when it really matters. This website has lost nearly 400,000 visits/views to the other website--just that one-- in only two years. This is how websites like this fund themselves and make money thru advertising. That represents a ton of money and that website is liable for the loss profit bottom line if this website wants to go after them. That's how real it is.

k-grower

i think those nasty spores are in everywhere in air, natures way of compost stuff and they will appear as soon you give them all the necessary growing conditions. i´m baffled is there somewhere topic/thread/journal where someone have grown crop in some other substrate than soil whit any kind of sugar added or that tea mix?

richyrich

Veteran
I'm sure you can find something. Use the search function and set it to search in the treads. Run a search for "hydro tea", "sugar reservoir", etc... Check other websites too.

richyrich

Veteran
i have only found recipes and some brief articles where someone advertises their products, as like this http://bigbudsmag.com/grow/gear/article/brewing-medical-marijuana-tea-april-2012
but yet i have not found any journal from hydro tea grow from start to finish, whit search words you gave me mostly directed to your posts in this site. can you lead me to some journal where i can see the growth from start to end.

That just helps prove what I have been saying about growers not using or making a hydro specific tea before I came along, hehe. At least from what I could find five years ago on this website and numerous others.

I don't think you will find a journal from start to finish. You mostly are going to find testimonials and pictures. Not many people post journals.

I can tell you that teas in hydro are safe as long as you strain the tea, only add sugar products to the tea and not the rez, and add every few days.

k-grower

how do you know there is not sugars left on tea, and if you have successfully used this tea in hydro why you have not make any journal whit pictures of root development etc?
i would want to use organics tea on hydro but whit this information i have found is so little that i cant "place my bets" on this as all the money for this hobby is difficult to get, and i have all ready buy´d so much crap and fallen to all sorts advertisement whit zero to very little improvement.
i ask´d for proofs, i know you maybe not so enthusiastic to do so, isn`t it hole purpose of these forums to share knowledge about growing or do you use this site just for your own diary to keep yourself reminded?

Last edited:

richyrich

Veteran
Knowing the sugars are gone comes from experience and knowledge of working with aerated compost teas. There is no for sure way to know unless you want to get into scientific testing. Nobody wants to go there. It costs and is overkill. On a personal level you just have to trust yourself and know how.

I don't care to post journals nor do I have the time for that. I'm way past newb level to care about that. I like to and prefer to come on here and help people with their problems. If you search hard enough on other mj websites you will find plenty of testimonials and pictures. I had earlier on.

gmanwho

Veteran
question for richy rich

question for richy rich

hey richy rich, i wanna first thank you for your contribution here. It is much appreciated!!!!

been using your tea mix now for about 2 months. Ebb & flood bucket in bucket. I have witnessed far better root growth since. Roots are whiter, crispier, an have far more lateral root development then ever before.

the rez smells like a fresh fish tank. lots of air movement in the rez. I add the tea filtered every5-7 days. i have a lava rock & growstone sediment filter on the return line.

My question is i am using a 105 gal auto pot collapse-able vinyl reservoir. i noticed im getting this yellow cream white wax paste build up on the side walls. not slimey at all. pasty. like a soft bees wax.

u can see in the photos it is circular growth patterns so it must be bacterial. the brown specs you see are mosquito dunk. the last pic is some of the stuff i scraped off the side walls.

was wondering if you may know what this is. at this point it doenst seem harmful. plants an roots are healthy. thanks in advance......

b-safe

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hazeo

Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I even tried an ozone generator in the room to kill spores.[/FONT]

Hey richyrich,

have you also tried those ozone generators for the use in a aquarium-reservoir yet???
i dont know if those affect the ph-stability but if not, they should be perfect for our purposes!

greets
Hazeo

KingTitan

Hit with slime 1st week of RDWC

Hit with slime 1st week of RDWC

I got the slime... and I know exactly what caused it.

I am a soilless grower but after seeing pictures I decided to build my own 6 site 60 gallon system. I started seeds in Rapid rooters then stransfered to s small 3 inch netpot. I put these netpots in a 5 gallon bucket with a pump and a spray head. Just plain PH water, roots were coming out fast and white.

After putting everything into my RDWC system I was reading on temp ranges and to add Hydroguard or some other root inoculate in case temps go out of whack.

In Canada you can barely find any microbe stuff available. I found Southern AG Garden Friendly Fungicide on ebay and they were shipping here! SAG is extremely concentrated version of Hydro-guard (10 billion/ml vs hydroguard at 10 thousand/ml) I did research on this from other forums and it was working for them.

I dosed this at 3ml for the system and within 6 hours the system was already in a state of emergency. Open the res and it smells like aquarium water really bad. anything that was not smooth was growing brown slime. Go to check my roots and they were covered in a white slime, thicker areas were brown.

I don't know what happened with this SAG, maybe it was bad? no one seems to have the issue that I do. I have been fighting this thing for 3 weeks now, tried everything. My back cant handle anymore water changes and cleanup as I am now on my 7th res change.

I cannot get 90% of the stuff in the EWC tea so I made just the tea 2 days ago, first 24hrs the tea was not foaming and smelled very like molasses. waited about 36 hours and molasses smell was lower but there was clear growth on the mesh bag. I have added about 20 cups or somewhere around almost 2 gallons of the tea to my res last night after a res flush and sensitization with bleach at 40ppm, rinsed each netpot and roots under tap water sprayer to get rid of what I could.

Its been 15 hours and I am not sure if it is working, water doesn't smell but it is cloudier than usual. Most of the time its has a clear brown coloring.

I see some slime on a few tips of the roots, the roots them self look like its collecting some brown deposits. I am not sure how long this is sapposed to take but I almost feel like it is the same stuff coming back with a vengeance?

Plants are small, you think maybe i should ditch the DWC and transplant to soil less pots?

KingTitan

also why are these threads not sticky? these guys spent almost a decade on this, I see a lot less worthy stickies than this.