What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BEST Bong on the market? Runners up?

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
Sounds like HiSi makes the best bong for the money. even better than most more expensive artsy glass.

i know we got some off of ioffer and they are super sweet but we got the smaller ones the Jr.

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
90% Or Higher ISO Alcohol is awesome for cleaning with Salt as an abrasive.
70% ISO is a huge waste of time.. it may clean if you leave it for days.

90% just takes a few minutes to clean. then a piece of wire and a Magnet can get the rest of it prefect if there is a hard to reach area.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
nevermind...
thats not where the pieces are just the domes dishes and dabbers....

Last edited:

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
Originally posted by The Boys:
i just bought the smallest bong iv ever had... so for me, having a big bong would be a waste of weed and money.

Oh yeah, big does not mean better; in fact I prefer something much smaller, (12-18" to me, is ideal), less drag and makes a better "daily driver", sitting safely, (or safer), on a table.

And just to comment on cleaning- it's not any harder than any other piece...Just clean it frequently, start with really hot water and 90%+ iso and salt, and I highly recommend that you consider trying Grunge Off, it's like liquid gold and can be strained and reused, (although if you clean with water first, you probably won't need to strain it often; I use coffee filters to strain it and keep it in a squirt bottle...I'm still on the 2nd bottle from a case we got in '08.) Oh and I like q-tips for cleaning smaller pieces like downstems and hitters.
:witch:

L

longearedfriend

bongs are fun

they have come a long way

from the simple acrylic

2Q==
images

to the glass one with ash catcher, percolator, and diffuser stem

phatboy.gif

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
are most bong stems interchangable? meaning If I get a mobius and then want to put one uh them crazy stems on it with the oil burner or the one pictured above from a different company I can do that?

Mia

are most bong stems interchangable? meaning If I get a mobius and then want to put one uh them crazy stems on it with the oil burner or the one pictured above from a different company I can do that?

Downstems basically come in two diameters, 14mm and 18mm. Then you need to consider the length of the downstem for the particular bong you are looking at.
So if you have those two things correct, then yes they are interchangeable.

brotherindica

Kronically Ill
Veteran
I do not other than watching Aqualab & Kulture like a hawk, but, want to encourage you to keep looking - the Stereo Matrix is prolly the best overall hitting perc'd piece on the market right now in my opinion.

Really awesome diffusion - not too much, not too little, stacks bubbles like a madman, solidly built, and non-worked versions are under 500 bucks - a real bargain relative to other pieces of similar functionality and character.

I own most all the glass that has been recommended in this thread so feel like my opinion on this topic is pretty well qualified.

Runner up is the Sovereignty Peyote Pillar - same "just right" level of diffusion, and the pillars give it a really nice feel on the draw and clear, gives it this really satisfying feel like you're chugging on a proper Jerome Baker or something but without actually chugging water. It's something that has to be experienced to appreciate, but its made this piece one that I almost always have out for something. Really exceptional glasswork on everything SOV puts out too, just perfectly made gear down to the smallest detail.

Another piece I have out ALL the time is a Toro Micro circ to 13 arm. For concentrates or the vrip wand its just amazing. Very little drag, and solid diffusion in low-volume piece.

The Stereo Matrix is kinda replacing both of them for me though, and they only remain out because I need one for concentrates, vaping and combustion out at any given time.

tl;dr - the Stereo Matrix is what Jesus tokes.

Well said!!, :good:

Still debating the Stereo Matrix vs the Pillar. Pillar is still winning out for me, but fucking love the Stereo to death

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
In yall opinion what hi si perc is the best? they got a u, a bell, and a mushroom perc...

L

longearedfriend

brings back memories

I think we all smoked out of a homemade device at least one time in our life

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In my opinion the best bong you could ever get is 24 in a straight shot with an ice catcher at the bottom of the top tube, and a round base. 18mm down perc tube. Also some cool art. ROOR does not make them.

This one is perfect. it is glass on glass. cool art. ice catcher ice catcher and round bottom. this will hit more smooth than any crazy bong with 8 chambers full of mushroom percs that will brake the frist time the thing tips over.
616-dragon-bong-glass-on-glass.jpg

AKDrifter

Now you see whay I had all the questions. I am very firmiliar with the 1 liter/bic bong. Very similar in design to Hash Zeps.

I was amazed by my Magic glass ice tower.

This is the new addition, should arrive soon
05990.jpg

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
It seems to me that most of the people who "don't get it", haven't tried one yet or just can't get past the price...
Which is ok, to each their own- whatever makes you happy! :D
...and toking from a clean, functional, effortless piece, makes me very happy!!

I don't know about that. I mean I guess part of it is getting past the price. But it is also just a value thing.

I remember when Kim Kardashian was getting married one of the gift list items was $700 a piece cereal bowls. It is just a bowl. Its not so much the price as the purpose. How often do you eat cereal that you need a $700 bowl?

The same thing is true with bongs for me. If I won the lottery and all I did was sit in my mansion or on my yacht smoking weed then I'd probably go ahead and drop $700 on a bong. But for a regular tokers routine? Like half a gram a day? I don't need a thousand dollar bong.

Its just like the cereal bowl to me. If you have the money and you REALLY like cereal do what you want. But I'm still going to think you are a silly person for owning a $700 cereal bowl. And I have to admit I think people are pretty silly when they spend a thousand dollars on a weed pipe to get high with, or for that matter a jewel encrusted gold chalice to drink from.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cant beat the Roor...........

ROOR is over priced name brand thing. You can get just as good thick strong glass bongs. from other people. I have owned 3 roors and 100 other bongs, and a volcano. The best glass I ever owned is hand made by an icmag member. Made me bad ass bho skillet, and a custom bho tube !!!