What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica

Cactus Squatter

“Omfg when does the gravity kick back in????”
- My friend who had one hell of a 1st Zamaldelica ride and literally couldn’t put his feet down on the floor in front of his chair for 20+ minutes. 😂

Amazing Mango and fruit smell. For me a very relaxed, blissful and happy high with a kind of “offswitch” function that just kind of blocked out anything that wasn’t critically important to me at the time. All peripherals just kind of fog out. Little bit of a trippy effect with time and vision.
For friends without my tolerance this has been a very rushy and high flying time, but so far no one has had any paranoia from it.
I flipped this one immediately to 11/13 and was out of town during its transition and missed catching some deficiencies. In correcting I think it got a little too much N. At 10 weeks it started throwing Nanners at me which I contained until 11.5 weeks and cut her. She actually had a bit of amber already at chop. Her lower branches were also pollinated by a Honduras x Panama. Seeds came out healthy looking and abundant for having hit so few branches.

Total plant was just over 6oz harvested, zero Larf. All the buds are very dense for a sativa and break up nice and fluffy in a grinder. This wasn’t a big plant. She got dwarfed and over crowded by an insane Honduras X Panama fem in the same 4x4 tent with her and just kind of had to deal with it.

I really like this one and am currently testing a cutting of it again, with more attention and starting from 12/12 to see if it still throws nanners under ideal conditions. I really do think it may have been from the N I gave it being longer acting than I anticipated.
82E3132B-768A-42ED-901B-4C074A77A68C.jpeg
EE84D500-E193-4C8A-9D09-B392517A608E.jpeg

goingrey

Anyone looking for an easy cloner might want to try out Zamaldelica.

Pruned the tiniest low shoot, stuck it in some Seramis (no gels or anything), and put it in a cold room (15c /59f) under a 10W LED. Next to the moms I want to keep alive but don't want to grow too fast. And the Zamaldelica has established herself and started growing new leaves in a week (old withered growth has been pruned away in case you're wondering).

fetch

The fast rooting did not come as a total surprise. In fact I was expecting it because the seed plant seems to have very vigorous root growth, thick roots literally popping up into the air from the coco.

fetch

After three weeks of flowering the buds on the seed plant are still babies. This is a random side shoot. The main top is not in "parade condition" because it has been tied down many times around the tent. :D But the worst of the stretch seems to be over now.

fetch

Fem seed from the 2020 release.

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Anyone looking for an easy cloner might want to try out Zamaldelica.

Pruned the tiniest low shoot, stuck it in some Seramis (no gels or anything), and put it in a cold room (15c /59f) under a 10W LED. Next to the moms I want to keep alive but don't want to grow too fast. And the Zamaldelica has established herself and started growing new leaves in a week (old withered growth has been pruned away in case you're wondering).

Great to hear that Zamaldelica will clone so easily. I'm currently growing out a feminized Zamaldelica from seed that I intend to keep for years as a clone mother under 16/8 lights, while taking clones off to plant outdoors every year when the growing season rolls around. Can't wait for the plant to get big enough to take the first few cuttings. Also got a couple each of feminized Malawi and Golden Tiger to grow out as clone mothers the same way.

goingrey

Great to hear that Zamaldelica will clone so easily. I'm currently growing out a feminized Zamaldelica from seed that I intend to keep for years as a clone mother under 16/8 lights, while taking clones off to plant outdoors every year when the growing season rolls around. Can't wait for the plant to get big enough to take the first few cuttings. Also got a couple each of feminized Malawi and Golden Tiger to grow out as clone mothers the same way.

Probably they will be easy cloners as well. At least the GT. Sativa hybrid vigor!

goingrey

Oh no!

Some little monsters have really taken a liking to my Zamaldelica.

fetch

What to do, wouldn't want to spray any poisons one month into flowering... have set up a trap and will let the coco dry a bit as the first measures.

aliceklar

Oh no!

Some little monsters have really taken a liking to my Zamaldelica.

fetch

What to do, wouldn't want to spray any poisons one month into flowering... have set up a trap and will let the coco dry a bit as the first measures.

Do you know what they are? Cant tell from the photo if they are small flies or beetles. If they're fungus gnats, then I wouldnt worry about it so long as you are well into flowering (and can clean the space thoroughly after harvest). They only really make a difference if there are lots of them - and then mostly only to seedlings or sickly plants. Healthy plants well into flower will shrug them off. I've found a top-dressing with gravel can discourage them from laying eggs, but wont get rid of them. Drying the compost wont make them disappear either. Nematodes work, and so does BTi, if you want an organic solution that doesnt involve spraying anything near the precious buds.

Of course, if they aren't fungus gnats, then who knows? Might be entirely harmless...

goingrey

Do you know what they are? Cant tell from the photo if they are small flies or beetles. If they're fungus gnats, then I wouldnt worry about it so long as you are well into flowering (and can clean the space thoroughly after harvest). They only really make a difference if there are lots of them - and then mostly only to seedlings or sickly plants. Healthy plants well into flower will shrug them off. I've found a top-dressing with gravel can discourage them from laying eggs, but wont get rid of them. Drying the compost wont make them disappear either. Nematodes work, and so does BTi, if you want an organic solution that doesnt involve spraying anything near the precious buds.

Of course, if they aren't fungus gnats, then who knows? Might be entirely harmless...

Thanks. Yeah I think they are fungus gnats. At least according to my google diagnosis as they are like fruit flies but black. Can't seem to find a local source for nematodes but the hydro store sells AN so I could try Tarantula maybe, it seems to have some BTs. Will see if things get better or worse. I was thinking letting the media dry out would crack their eggs, and still think it might, but maybe it would also cause more stress than the bugs themselves.

aliceklar

Yeah, they can survive dry soil for longer than your plants will. Once you've got them, just watering less will not get rid of them. I think drier soil on top makes pots less attractive as places to lay eggs. but if they are in your soil anyway, they wont just leave. But.. . they are not so serious in small numbers. Mostly they eat fungus in your compost, not your plants.

FletchF.Fletch

420giveaway
Sorry to hear that goingrey. Good news is, they're more annoying than detrimental. Better to eradicate them before onset of heavy flower. Try and track down some Gnatrol. BT var. Israelensis is your soil based gnat larvae control. Var. Kurstaki is for beetles and their larval grubs. It stops the larvae that hatch, not the adults. Prepare a 2 prong approach with some Sticky Traps as a counterpart to a BT watering or two. Seven to 10 days after initial application, problem solved. Also, it can be added to plain water or nutrient solution so it's easy to do a back to back treatment.

aliceklar

Sorry to hear that goingrey. Good news is, they're more annoying than detrimental. Better to eradicate them before onset of heavy flower. Try and track down some Gnatrol. BT var. Israelensis is your soil based gnat larvae control. Var. Kurstaki is for beetles and their larval grubs. It stops the larvae that hatch, not the adults. Prepare a 2 prong approach with some Sticky Traps as a counterpart to a BT watering or two. Seven to 10 days after initial application, problem solved. Also, it can be added to plain water or nutrient solution so it's easy to do a back to back treatment.

These things can have different names in different countries (not sure where you are in the world, goingrey ), but Gnatrol = BTi. Same active ingredient in "Mosquito Dunks", which some growers crumble and add to water or use as a top-dressing. As Fletch says, it will kill the larvae, not the adults (but the adults are harmless anyway, apart from laying eggs, obvs). The most effective form I've found was granulated BTi that can just be added to the water.

goingrey

Searched high and low for the BTi but no luck. It must be banned or regulated or something here.

What I can get is diatomaceous earth and H2O2, those will have to do as my larvicide/insecticide.

The situation seemed good today, no bugs to be seen. But tapping around the containers drew a bunch of them out, only to fall victim to my finger ambush. A couple have got caught on the sticky trap but they don't seem very interested in it. Might need to try a different bait, using apple cider vinegar now (the trap is like a cup with a sticky yellow ring on top).

Latest posts

Latest posts