Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > Heath Robinson's Black Rose (no defined grow, but generally hydro)

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Heath Robinson's Black Rose (no defined grow, but generally hydro) Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-19-2012, 01:50 PM #1
zamzia

zamzia is a name known to allzamzia is a name known to allzamzia is a name known to allzamzia is a name known to allzamzia is a name known to allzamzia is a name known to allzamzia is a name known to allzamzia is a name known to allzamzia is a name known to allzamzia is a name known to allzamzia is a name known to all
Heath Robinson's Black Rose (no defined grow, but generally hydro)

Hi IC.

This is my first posted grow! This is more for me to keep a record of what I am doing and put it into some sort of order. Any comments / feedback etc are most welcome.

I have popped a Black Rose seed which I was fortunate enough to get from Graham (received 3 reg purple wreck for free too). I got a pack of 11 regular seeds, but I'm a bit funny about popping lots of seeds at the same time and to be honest, I only need to run one at a time. The only time I ever did was when I had shed loads of bagseed. This was when I was a teenager and expected great things from growing plants on my window sill! Since then I have only pulled off one grow of Pineapple Express in a DR100 tent under a 400W MH for veg then a 600W HPS for flower. That didn't go too badly so I have grown out a clone of that.

The seed popped after only about 12hrs in a shot glass of tap water.

After 24hrs I transferred it to damp kitchen towel on a small plate. Unfortunately I let it dry out and the root shriveled a bit and went brown. I thought that was it, but I persevered and despite it looking very sad, even when I popped it into a jiffy pellet, it sprouted and now has the first healthy sets of leaves.

This grow is very much undefined. Currently I am waiting for the PE clone to finish and a pure power plant (both in DR100 tents and due to finish in 2-3 weeks). Once these are done the room will have plywood mounted to the internal walls , which will be insulated. I think the black rose will go into one of the DR100 tents to be kept as a mother. Clones will be taken and if I can get it together I will be running a mini vert a la Heath Robinson. While I realise this is unoriginal, I just want to try it out. I would have gone the whole hog and copied his flooded vert but I honestly don't have the skills to attempt anything that involved. I think it's going to be tough going feeding the mini vert with clones as it is. I also want to try a tree grow of the black rose. So like I said, a little undefine, but we'll see how it goes. Either way, I'm excited about the black rose. I've not seen a decent purple strain for years from any of the local market traders round these parts.

zamzia

Last edited by zamzia; 04-20-2012 at 01:02 PM.. Reason: Removed mention of seedbank
zamzia is offline Quote

Old 04-19-2012, 02:05 PM #2
watts
ohms

watts is a name known to allwatts is a name known to allwatts is a name known to allwatts is a name known to allwatts is a name known to allwatts is a name known to allwatts is a name known to allwatts is a name known to allwatts is a name known to allwatts is a name known to allwatts is a name known to all
nice, you think the black rose is legit?
watts is offline Quote

Old 04-19-2012, 02:06 PM #3
zamzia

zamzia is a name known to allzamzia is a name known to allzamzia is a name known to allzamzia is a name known to allzamzia is a name known to allzamzia is a name known to allzamzia is a name known to allzamzia is a name known to allzamzia is a name known to allzamzia is a name known to allzamzia is a name known to all
Thank you watts. Yes I do, it's from Graham. Heath has mentioned him personally before.

Last edited by zamzia; 04-20-2012 at 01:01 PM.. Reason: Removed mention of seedbank
zamzia is offline Quote

Old 04-19-2012, 02:11 PM #4
headband 707
Plant whisperer

headband 707 is a name known to allheadband 707 is a name known to allheadband 707 is a name known to allheadband 707 is a name known to allheadband 707 is a name known to allheadband 707 is a name known to allheadband 707 is a name known to allheadband 707 is a name known to allheadband 707 is a name known to allheadband 707 is a name known to allheadband 707 is a name known to all
Yeah I grew Black Rose very very kewl looking plant as I can remember..it's was awhile ago now small yeild atleast with me but nice stay safe headband 707
Are we growing wiser or are we just growing taller?
When everyone is going left it's important to look right.. Never follow the crowd they are usually WRONG! Headband707

The more I see the less I know LOL... Micheal Faranti

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. Albert Pine
Somthing that drives me Hazy ,,
I'm I or the other's crazy?Albert Einstien
Free Gypsy ffs!!

Nas& Damian Marley " Friends"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO18F4aKGzQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrC-yum82MI
Nas&Damian Marley "Patience"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01FE9cPXE3M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17FZIncZi8Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSbZidsgMfw
now you should listen to it loud...
headband 707 is offline Quote

Old 04-19-2012, 05:06 PM #5
Harry Gypsna
Dirty hippy Bastard

Location: Outside BodyShop, with a Tin Whistle and a dog on a piece of string
Harry Gypsna has a brilliant futureHarry Gypsna has a brilliant futureHarry Gypsna has a brilliant futureHarry Gypsna has a brilliant futureHarry Gypsna has a brilliant futureHarry Gypsna has a brilliant futureHarry Gypsna has a brilliant futureHarry Gypsna has a brilliant futureHarry Gypsna has a brilliant futureHarry Gypsna has a brilliant futureHarry Gypsna has a brilliant future
Hey there, If I were you, I would edit your posts mentioning where you got the seeds. Although we are permitted to discuss and show any seeds/plants/strains at all now, linking and directing people to other vendors is still not permitted. It would be a shame if your thread got binned, as I would like to see this grow.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:25 PM #6
Guest 88950

i too would like to follow along b/c the bag of Black Rose in Heaths thread looks so damn good.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:03 AM #7
petemoss
old school pothead

petemoss is a jewel in the roughpetemoss is a jewel in the roughpetemoss is a jewel in the roughpetemoss is a jewel in the roughpetemoss is a jewel in the roughpetemoss is a jewel in the rough
I'd like to grow some, just because the black buds look so exotic!

Petemoss' Modular Bio SCROG
My Perpetual SOG cabinets
petemoss is offline Quote

Old 04-20-2012, 06:17 AM #8
petemoss
old school pothead

petemoss is a jewel in the roughpetemoss is a jewel in the roughpetemoss is a jewel in the roughpetemoss is a jewel in the roughpetemoss is a jewel in the roughpetemoss is a jewel in the rough
I can't seem to link to the forum thread but check out these pics of the purple/black buds! Something you don't see everyday...

Petemoss' Modular Bio SCROG
My Perpetual SOG cabinets
petemoss is offline Quote

Old 04-20-2012, 06:40 AM #9
megayields
Grower of Connoisseur herb's.

megayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud of
I got mine from Heath himself popping some beans atm..good luck Brah!

sweetness

NextGen Agricultural Consulting & Iron City Seeds

I grow and am motivated by the pure genius of Heath Robinson!

The more people I meet the more I like my dog

megayields is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:06 PM #10
zamzia

multi

Last edited by zamzia; 04-20-2012 at 01:17 PM.. Reason: Whoops! Was having trouble multi-quoting.
zamzia is offline Quote