What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Uber's OUTDOOR Guerilla AF grow Sour60, Sour Lowryder, Mephisto's Blue Toof and Cosmi

Hi guys! After 15 years of growing indoors, I'm forced to try my hand outdoors. Strains were going to be 10x Sour60, 10x Sour Lowryder, 5 Blue Toof and 3 Cosmic Queen by mephisto but since meph is awesome, I'll be adding 2 x SODK and 3 x Ripley's OG fweebies. I was originally torn between CosQueen and Ripley's so I was stoked to get 3 for free. And wanted SODK but they were out of stock.

My main goal is to only used locally purchased materials pref only from chain stores so no ordering nutes and additives 😭

I'll have the meph strains in plots, the sours will be scattered about in holes, and a couple may end up in small pots for testing.

I plan on using Alaska nutes when needed but hoping I can get a soil mix that doesn't need many additional ferts. Still haven't decided on an soil mix yet since I haven't shopped around. But I know it will be a standard organic soil + perlite w/ bone + blood meal, worm castings ( I hope ), lime, and Epson salt. I really hope I can find a myc ammendment locally.

Any suggestions are appreciated esp AF specific info. Thanks. I'll update as often as I can but I don't plan on visiting most of the plants very often I will be taking care of the mephisto strains but the reg Sours will be mostly left to fend for themselves..

Attachments

• IMG_20180421_175549100_LL.jpg
    IMG_20180421_175549100_LL.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 56

Jd421

Hi guys! After 15 years of growing indoors, I'm forced to try my hand outdoors. Strains were going to be 10x Sour60, 10x Sour Lowryder, 5 Blue Toof and 3 Cosmic Queen by mephisto but since meph is awesome, I'll be adding 2 x SODK and 3 x Ripley's OG fweebies. I was originally torn between CosQueen and Ripley's so I was stoked to get 3 for free. And wanted SODK but they were out of stock.

My main goal is to only used locally purchased materials pref only from chain stores so no ordering nutes and additives 😭

I'll have the meph strains in plots, the sours will be scattered about in holes, and a couple may end up in small pots for testing.

I plan on using Alaska nutes when needed but hoping I can get a soil mix that doesn't need many additional ferts. Still haven't decided on an soil mix yet since I haven't shopped around. But I know it will be a standard organic soil + perlite w/ bone + blood meal, worm castings ( I hope ), lime, and Epson salt. I really hope I can find a myc ammendment locally.

Any suggestions are appreciated esp AF specific info. Thanks. I'll update as often as I can but I don't plan on visiting most of the plants very often I will be taking care of the mephisto strains but the reg Sours will be mostly left to fend for themselves..

Good luck. Depending on where you live. Even though the "weather maybe" crappy where you live. Unless you live in a cold snowy area. Maybe a good ideal too hold off. Even if you live in a subtropical temperate climate a bit or cool rainy weather will help early on. A wet ground tends to be easier for autos to establish a root system in ground.

Just curious you said sour60. Isn't that from the breeder MDzanig? Where you get those? I grew his OG Bluestreak but not Bluestreak 2.

I thought they were from mdanzig, but I think they were produced by Robert Davenport for new420guys from mdanzig seeds. Not 100% sure.

I thought they were from mdanzigwhen I bought them, but I then was told in another forum they are produced by Robert Davenport for new420guys from mdanzig seeds. Not 100% sure. Someone said all of their autos come from Robert unless specified.

Quick update.

Quick update.

I really hope the rest of my grow goes better than the start. First problem i ran into is my health simply wouldn't allow me to dig a 4' x 4' x 2' deep bed to fill with soil mix so I had to change to containers. Now the Mephisto's will be planted in ~5gal fabric pots that I made by removing the cardboard from some fabric storage containers I found at Dollar General for $3 each. I could have ordered fabric pots for less but I'm trying to stick to only using materials from local stores that should be found in any major city, in order to help those who can't order online. These are the containers I found:

Planters will be filled 1/2 with composted super soil and 1/2 with non amended soil.

My standard soil is(everything was found at home depot):

1.5 cu ft Kellog Organic Plus
6lb's (1bag) Worm Castings
4 quarts perlite

To make super soil i add the following to my standard soil:

1 1/4 cup Dr. Earth 2-2-2 all purpose organic fert + myco I recommend Dr. Earth Flower Girl 3-9-2 if you can find it.
~ 8quarts 0.25 cu ft of organic compost (whatever kind you can find)

The nutrients I'll be using during veg ( only if needed)
Alaska Naturals Grow, Bloom, Micro, CalMag from Walmart
and of course SuperThrive 1drop per gallon in early Veg
attachment.php

Water will be Spring water from wal-mart(IMO the minerals in spring water help to buffer ph better than RO or Distilled water when using organics. ESPECIALLY if your growing Hydro-Organic)

Seeds will be starting their 12hr soak in spring water + superthrive tonight and will be planted once they crack. Man It kills me not being able to use Liquid Karma or any other liquid kelp. LK + CalMag is all i ever used for years during Veg.

thanks for everyone following along.

seeds are soaking now. Just want to give a shout out to Mephisto. Even though it was most likely a mistake. I paid for 5 blue toof - received 6. 3 cosmic queens - received 5. then they threw 3 ripley's og and 2 SODK for free. So i basically paid for 8 seeds and ended up with 16! now i just have to find room for the extra 5 i didn't plan for. They will be planted straight into the ground for comparison.

I tore one of the pots i was using so there will only be 11 in fabric pots. Yeah, I'm too lazy to replace it. So i'll have 5 blue toof, 3 cos queen, 2 ripleys, and 1 sodk in pots. the rest will go in the ground.

A note on the fabric containers. They are pretty flimsy and the handles are a worthless.

Dissappointment and disdain

Dissappointment and disdain

Well 36 hours since seeds began the germ process, and I guess I'm not surprised. Of the 16 Mephisto's only 2 didn't crack. 1 Ripley and 1 blue Toof. 9 of the sour Lowryder cracked, and only 1 of the sour60 cracked.👿 Others have also complained about bunk sour60's from new420guys. I was pissed from the beginning to find out they were knock offs in the first place, and now that they didn't germ makes it worse. Definitely won't be doing business with them again. If you're going to sell knock offs then you should clearly state it on your website. Goes to show you get what you pay for.

I'm also worried about all the seeds. I haven't used the paper towel method in 20 years. I was expecting to see 1/4" to 1/2" tails this morning esp from the blue roofs but most of the seeds haven't grown at all in 24hours. They cracked, made little clam tongues and seemed to stop. So, I'm breaking my local materials rule and going to buy rapid rooters today.

Hopefully it's not too late.

Final germ rates are in 100% for the meph strains 14/14. 8/10 SourRyders and a pissy 2/10 Sour60. I'm going to leave the duds in a paper towel for a few days just to make sure, but I don't have much hope since others were reporting 0% germ rates from them.

All seeds are now in rapid rooters under a humidity dome.

Sorry but I cheated. I couldn't risk losing a crop due to taking short cuts so in addition to the rapid rooters, I bought a heating mat , Olivia's Cloning solution (good for seedlings also), and some Liquid Karma. I also got a free sample of Mammoth P which some of the plants will get.

what a shock

what a shock

Kids are up and going now. Can't believe the olivia's cloning solution @ 1/2 strength was too strong as you can see from the curled coty's. These guys really are nute sensitive.

1 Ripley, 2 Sour Ryders, 1 Sour60, and 1 Blue Toof look to be toast. I can't believe how the Sour60's have rebounded. They took a whopping 88 hours to germ but once they cracked they took off, and I now have 8 going strong from what looked like a bust. After 72 hours none of them had even cracked. The blue tooth in contrast had little "clam tongues" after only 8 hours!

11 of the Mephisto's will go in pots tomorrow. The Sour 60 and SourRyders will be scattered around straight into the ground along with whatever meph strains that don't make it in pots. i will be saving 1 Sour60 for a SoloCup grow.

I guess I'm going to call this day 3 since most of them(aside from the Sour60's) broke ground 5/4

Jd421

Kids are up and going now. Can't believe the olivia's cloning solution @ 1/2 strength was too strong as you can see from the curled coty's. These guys really are nute sensitive.

1 Ripley, 2 Sour Ryders, 1 Sour60, and 1 Blue Toof look to be toast. I can't believe how the Sour60's have rebounded. They took a whopping 88 hours to germ but once they cracked they took off, and I now have 8 going strong from what looked like a bust. After 72 hours none of them had even cracked. The blue tooth in contrast had little "clam tongues" after only 8 hours!

11 of the Mephisto's will go in pots tomorrow. The Sour 60 and SourRyders will be scattered around straight into the ground along with whatever meph strains that don't make it in pots. i will be saving 1 Sour60 for a SoloCup grow.

I guess I'm going to call this day 3 since most of them(aside from the Sour60's) broke ground 5/4

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76891&pictureid=1847543&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Sorry you are having bad luck. Just research before you purchase again. Alot of good sites but also alot of phonies. Best of luck. Notice some stretching occurring. Need the light closer. Baby autos are huge solar panels for their size. I'll be watching.

Yeah. I had a few lights in storage, but someone threw them away. I didnt find out until after a few of them had already broken ground. Had to use a crappy 40watt cfl until I could make it to home Depot and get a cree. It's no big deal though just had to wrap the stems with another rapid rooter and bury them.

such is life in the bush

such is life in the bush

Day 3 of being outdoors I couldn't avoid checking on the kids. Sadly, as I expected, 5 of them had been found by wildlife. Even with bottle of piss sitting around as well as irish spring, something still braved the stench. Not sure why it ate 5 of them and left the rest alone. So 3 of the 4 Blue Toof are gone and all of the RipOG. I moved a Sour60 into one of the pots a BT was in and put out more piss. I wish I could put up cages around them, but there's no way to do so without being noticed.

I still have 4 going indoors in solo cups. 2 SODK, 1 BT(which is about dead from nute burn), and a SourRyder. These will stay indoors as long as possible, and one will be used for a solo cup challenge.

One last note. Kellog Organic Potting soil is absolute shit. I poked a hole in one bag to test before i bought it, and it looked ok. Unfortunately 2 of the 4 bags I bought didn't have any soil at all, just bark and rocks. Worthless shit. I would have been better off buying cheap local topsoil. The only local seller with Promix only sells it by the pallet.Such bullshit. Who the hell around here buys pallets of Promix?!?!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Easy recipe, not complicated.
Add one gallon of moist, coarse sphagnum peat moss, followed by one gallon of coarse sand, perlite, or vermiculite. Adjust the texture of the medium to create a loose, well-drained mixture. Sand feels gritty and clay feels sticky. If the potting soil feels too sandy, more peat moss should be added.Oyster shell maybe some coir, earthworm castings...you're good to grow. And add guano/manure that doesn't burn, or some type of meal...feather, bone, some where here there's a discussion. Look it up!

And it only gets worse

And it only gets worse

So. The reason I wanted to do Auto's was so they would be harvested before August when my uncle (the landowner) was coming back from work. I found out today that he came back last week and turned the cattle loose on the land. So, it was a cow that cleaned out 1/2 my crop before realizing it didn't like the taste of cannabis. Slugs took care of another plant today, how I have no clue considering I poured salt and Seven Dust around the containers. There was also no slime going up the side of the pot. Is it possible one was in the soil from the store? So out of the 3 Cos Queens, 5 Blue Toof, and 1 SourRyder, only 2 Cos Queens and a BT(?) remain. They were moved into direct sunlight this afternoon but are pretty sad looking. (sorry no pics) My 4 indoor plants are alive and kicking. The SourRyder has finally established roots and is starting to take off. I will be building a stealth box for them soon.

day 12

day 12

Lost another seedling. Not sure what strain it was or what happened. Still have 2 Cosmic Queens which are doing well even though they seem really small for 12 days. I moved an SODK outside as well.

My nosey ass mother figured out the indoor plants were pot so I had to move them to the trunk of my car until I can find a place for them. I'm surprised they lasted two days in there. One was the SODK that I moved to the patch since it's fem. The other two are one SourRyder and I think a Sour60. Since they are regular seeds I'm not going to keep them in the patch. Every move I make is being watched now, so I won't be able to check on them when I want, and I don't want an accidental pollination if I'm not able to check on them for months.

Junk in the trunk.

Cabbage Patch Kids

day 15

day 15

Outdoor plants are still kicking even though they are really small for 15 days. I'm guessing 6 hours of direct sun just isn't enough. I was hoping they would get 8-10 in this spot, but I checked at 4pm and they were already in shadow. So they're only getting sun from maybe 9am - 4pm. :(

My SourRyder in my car is actually a little bigger than the other plants. still surprised it's alive. It spend 6 days locked in my truck. I've started to move it to the cup holder to get sun when no ones around. I'm really hoping the heat and stress will turn it male
since it may be my only hope for getting regular seeds. If it turns female i'll have to use female pollen. May not be a bad idea anyway.

These little ones are in the garden in our front yard. The soil there is absolute shit, even with added perlite. Just not any organic material in it. I'm not sure what the fate will be of these since they are out in public view. Once my mom finds them i'll have to either kill them or move them. I think i'm going to top them at the 3rd node and hope it will stunt them enough to keep them really small. I've seen some autos that freaked out after being topped and didn't grow at all until flowering. I'm not even sure what strain they are. Either sour60 or SourRyder.

Latest posts

Latest posts