What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~100mg BHO gummy bear recipe

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Lorann has 3 preservatives. Which one should be purchased, and how much added to your recipe?? Is there any problem using silicone molds?

BigJohnny

Lorann has 3 preservatives. Which one should be purchased, and how much added to your recipe?? Is there any problem using silicone molds?

sorry for the late response.

Use the mold inhibitor and antioxident....how much to add depends on how much you're making because that shit is like 1tsp per 5lbs of candy.

silicone molds are perfect, I've been using them for a while now.

Loc Dog

Veteran
sorry for the late response.

Use the mold inhibitor and antioxident....how much to add depends on how much you're making because that shit is like 1tsp per 5lbs of candy.

silicone molds are perfect, I've been using them for a while now.

Thanks, I assumed the mold, and ordered. Will order the antioxidant. Any suggestion on how much to add to your recipe?

Have to go back and finish reading. What temp does the oil need to get to, 250F? Does that have to be done before the gummy procedure, or could it be during?? Still deciding between QWET and Closed Loop BHO.

:tiphat:

Chrismarie170

Soy Lecithin using tincture , Thank you BigJohnny- very helpful.

Soy Lecithin using tincture , Thank you BigJohnny- very helpful.

Looking for a way to get a good body buzz? Maybe you have trouble eating and need an appetite, or you're having issues with sleep? Well here is a fairly simple recipe to make some gummy candies that will help with those ailments.

Each of these gummy candies contains 38mg of BHO per milliliter of liquid gelatin, This recipe makes 236ml plus the addition of 25ml of emulsified BHO so 262ml total volume and my particular molds are 3ml each, therefore each one of my candies contains 114mg of activated, highly bio-available BHO.

Because of how it's measured based on the volume of liquid and NOT the number of candies made this should be a pretty accurate assessment of their potency, this also makes it easier for you to create your own dose depending on how big the molds are that you use.

Supplies Needed

Most of the stuff needed for this recipe are already in your kitchen, but for those of you who might be starting from scratch here is a list of everything needed to make these.

Pyrex dish(s)
Measuring cups/spoons
20ml and 60ml syringes
Stiff bristle cooking brush of some kind
Stiff spatula
A small non-stick pot
Candy thermometer, digital is best
Candy molds (Not pictured)

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=57202&pictureid=1335952&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=57202&pictureid=1335951&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Ingredients Needed

1 pkg Jello(85g) or Jolly Rancher Jello(79g)
10 drops LorAnn Oils concentrated flavorings
5 Tbsp Plain Gelatin powder
1 Tsp Soy Lecithin
1/2c Cold Water
1/4c Sugar
Glycerin
10g BHO
1 Tbsp Coconut oil
2-3 Tsp Ascorbic and/or Citric acid for sour candies. You can mix and match them as you like or just use one or the other.

Decarbing

Preheat
your oven to 250F, In a small Pyrex dish add 1 Tbsp (15ml) of coconut oil to 10g of BHO, cover securely with tinfoil and put it into the oven. Immediately drop the temperature to 230F, The initial burst of 250F is just to get the glass up to temp and get the oil warm.

Once in the oven it will begin to melt and blend together on it's own, there is no need to stir or disturb it at this point. Once everything is hot you will see a reaction of tiny bubbles, this is the decarbing process working it's magic, the reaction is CO2 and there should be lots of bubbles.

This short video shows you what the reaction looks like in full swing. All of this bubbling will stop when it's finished.
[youtubeif]6IA-eBqqJls[/youtubeif]

Once the bubbling almost completely stops your oil is done and can be taken out of the oven. It's now ready to be ingested, or used in a recipe such as this one.
You should have 25ml of emulsified BHO at this point.

Candies

Before you begin, if you're using granulated lecithin, add 1 Tsp of lecithin to your 1/2c of water and let sit for about an hour, or until the lecithin is able to be dissolved completely. If you're using powdered lecithin just mix it into the 1/2c of water until it's blended.

GREASE THE MOLDS RIGHT NOW! More than once I've forgotten to do so and it can be a real pain in the ass to do it while you're trying to move quick, the gummies will stick if you forget this step.....and it isn't easy trying to pry them out when they're stuck.

In your non-stick pot mix together the Jello, gelatin, and sugar until they are throughly mixed together, if you're making sour gummies add the ascorbic/citric acid now as well. Once mixed add the cold water/lecithin mix and stir until there are no clumps, lumps or bumps. Cover the pot with a lid or towel and let sit for 5-10 mins. This is known as blooming and it allows the gelatin powders to absorb the water. The reason the water must be cold is to prevent the gelatin from activating and setting. Once gelatin hits 50C it will activate and then solidify once it cools.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=57202&pictureid=1335953&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

After blooming your gelatin, start heating until the gelatin is throughly melted and liquid. Low and slow is the key here, it's better to heat slowly than to heat fast and overshoot. keep your temps below 180F. 160F - 170F works well.

Once the gelatin is hot you can add your emulsified BHO.

Start by measuring out 25ml in the 20ml syringe, two syringes are recommended but you can use one syringe by just measuring out a second shot of 5ml. If you used my recipe for decarbing you should already have 25ml of emulsified oil.

Squirt the 25ml of emulsified oil into the molten gelatin, and start adding glycerin as you stir. I start with 1Tsp and add as much as needed until everything is blended together. Once you start stirring the oil into the gelatin keep and eye on how well it's mixing, if it isn't homogenizing well enough just add some more glycerin and you should see it start to mix.

If you let it sit unstirred for a couple of minutes there shouldn't be any separation between the oil and gelatin. If you see emulsified oil starting float to the top or tiny globules floating around, add more glycerin and stir. I've used up to 3 Tsp so far in order to attain the proper mix.

Once this is all complete, add 10 drops of flavor extract and stir until mixed.

After everything is fully blended together and not separating it's time to fill the molds.

Filling the molds can be done any which way you choose to do so, but I try to minimize waste as much as possible so this is where it can get tricky. You may need to grow a third arm or possibly just get help from a friend.

Keep the pot on the burner and make absolutely sure the temp will not exceed 180F, you need to move quickly, but carefully. Start sucking up the gelatin into the 60ml syringe until it's full, then start squirting the gelatin into your molds.
When you get down to the last little bit in the pot you can use the spatula to scrap it up into a puddle, and with your newfound third arm (or friend if you're not that awesome) tilt the pot to keep the molten gelatin pooled while you suck up as much of it as possible into the syringe.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=57202&pictureid=1335961&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

After your molds are full put them into the freezer for about 30mins until they stiffen up. Put your pot and any other utensils in the sick in hot water, let them soak and they will clean up with ease.

Drying

Nobody wants wet, sticky candies so we can go one step further and dry them. This doesn't make them hard, or crusty, it just simply removes excess moisture that would be conducive to mold growth.

toss a box of cornstarch into a large bowl or container with a secure lid, and dump the de-molded candies into it. Cover it and shake well to make sure the candies are all coated in cornstarch, then put the bowl into the fridge for about 2-3 hours.

After a number of hours has passed, removed the bowl and dump it's contents into a strainer to remove excess cornstarch..... you may want to catch the starch so you can reuse it later.

get another large bowl that you can set your strainer in and fill it with ice cold water. set your strainer in the bowl and gently agitate the candies to wash off the starch.

place the candies on a drying rack or parchment paper (DO NOT use towels or paper towels) and let them air dry until they are dry.

You now have perfectly clean, dried gummies that aren't stucky and are fridge stable for about 3 weeks or more, or stable in a baggie at room temp for roughly 2 weeks.

You can also add some of LorAnn's preservatives which I just picked up recently and haven't had a chance to use yet. but it should keep them stable much much longer.

Hi BigJohnny,
Thank you for your info 👍
I am making a tincture to make gummies and want to use Soy Lecithin Powder but have no idea when or how much to use. I am making the tincture with 1 oz weed and Everclear in the MBM2 machine.
Any ideas?? And I am use in game Jolly Rancher Grape flavored gelatin so should I use grape flavoring ?(assuming using any other flavoring wouldn't taste right lol)
I have searched everywhere for this answe for weeks!! Ughhh

Thank you,
Chrismarie170

Chrismarie170

Hi BigJohnny,
Thank you for all this great info 👍
I am making a tincture with 1 oz of weed and Everclear in the MBM2 to make gummies and want to use Soy Lecithin Powder but have no idea when to to add it or how much to add? Any ideas?? And I am going to use Grape Jolly Rancher flavored gelatin. So should I use the Grape liquid flavoring?( assuming any other flavor would taste , well, not right lol 😂). Any assistance or ideas you have to help me make these the best I can make them would be greatly appreciated 🤗.
Thank you,
Chrismarie170

Loc Dog

Veteran
Big Johnny,

Was wondering what type of extraction to do. Would soaking in water to get out chlorophyl, then dried, and alcohol extraction be right. I would imagine chlorophyl would give bad taste to gummies.

Thanks for a great tek!!

BigJohnny

Thanks, I assumed the mold, and ordered. Will order the antioxidant. Any suggestion on how much to add to your recipe?

Have to go back and finish reading. What temp does the oil need to get to, 250F? Does that have to be done before the gummy procedure, or could it be during?? Still deciding between QWET and Closed Loop BHO.

:tiphat:

I could swear I answered this, but they say to add like 1tsp per 5lbs of candy...... I typically make about 5 lbs so that's what I use.

Figure out ow much your batches weigh and just scale down a bit, but I don't really think you can use too much

as for decarbing, yes you need to do it before making the candies or else you'd ave to keep thhe candy solution way too hot, or hot for too long.

basically just heat it up and let it bubble until thhe bubbles start slowing down.

Hi BigJohnny,
Thank you for all this great info 👍
I am making a tincture with 1 oz of weed and Everclear in the MBM2 to make gummies and want to use Soy Lecithin Powder but have no idea when to to add it or how much to add? Any ideas?? And I am going to use Grape Jolly Rancher flavored gelatin. So should I use the Grape liquid flavoring?( assuming any other flavor would taste , well, not right lol 😂). Any assistance or ideas you have to help me make these the best I can make them would be greatly appreciated 🤗.
Thank you,
Chrismarie170

I really have no idea how much lecithin should be used, but use sunflower lecithin instead.

I typically add 1tsp to 10g of decarbed oil. and 1tbsp MCT oil per 10G.

Then when I make the candies I add another teaspoon to the gummy solution IIRC.

Big Johnny,

Was wondering what type of extraction to do. Would soaking in water to get out chlorophyl, then dried, and alcohol extraction be right. I would imagine chlorophyl would give bad taste to gummies.

Thanks for a great tek!!

I was doing CLS extractions, then just using the BHO as it came out......but now I'm using distillate instead.

it seems you can halve the amount of distillate and still achieve "100mg" results.

Johnny!

Hi Big Johnny,

Really appreciate your recipe I've gone back to it many times as a reference. I had one question about drying though. Am I reading it correctly that after getting off the excess cornstarch using a strainer I actually dip the Bears into the cold water? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of drying them in the first place, or is the cornstarch actually drawing moisture out from the inside of the gummies and wetting them after the fact will not cause problems with excess moisture?

Hopefully the question makes sense and thanks again for taking the time to create this helpful post!

Johnny

BigJohnny

Hi Big Johnny,

Really appreciate your recipe I've gone back to it many times as a reference. I had one question about drying though. Am I reading it correctly that after getting off the excess cornstarch using a strainer I actually dip the Bears into the cold water? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of drying them in the first place, or is the cornstarch actually drawing moisture out from the inside of the gummies and wetting them after the fact will not cause problems with excess moisture?

Hopefully the question makes sense and thanks again for taking the time to create this helpful post!

Johnny

the corn starch just makes them look powdery and unappealing. But the starch will draw out moisture.

Washing them in ICE COLD water is just to wash off the starch as it doesn't brush off easily.

Wetting them won't defeat anything because when the water dries off/is absorbed, they'll be totally dry and clean.

I'm using silicone molds now, so I don't need to lubricate the molds, use corn starch or do any of those steps. They come out of the silicone molds without issue and are dry since no cooking spray was needed.

Nickydi

Hi there ! Was just wondering if the molds that you used,the star molds if the star is about 3milliliter ? And how many gummies is this recipe for ? I’m trying to use your recipe but I’m using the small gummy bear molds where 1 bear = 1ml so I wanna do 150ml = 150 gummy bears with 10 grams of high end bho shatter . Thanks

Thecatdog

Great write up! I have been pumping out these bad boys for a while now..

Anyone have any experience with Agar Powder instead of Geletin, for a vegan friendly alternative?

Also, I'd like to share that it's always a good idea to experiment with fruit purees and other things than water as well.

I like using vanilla soy milk and raspberry purée, with plain Geletin :)

I will be trying out the Agar Agar within a week or so, and will report back if no one else has tried it.

How did it go for you?
Vegan here and looking to make a batch myself:peacock:

TestyCalls

Does anyone know why my gummies sweat a lot after I put them in the fridge? I put them in a small container, sealed with lid.. with powdered sugar. 20 mins later, there is a collection of white syrup (powdered sugar + whatever the gummies "sweat" out) at the bottom.

What did I do wrong? Am I storing them improperly? What should I do to move forward with this batch? and, how I avoid this problem in the future?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I'm new. I just need help.

habitat1

Anybody else have the gummies leave bho in their teeth? Didn’t decarb like an idiot and I’m thinking this has something to do with it.

JVonChron

the best thing I've found to dry them is just corn starch. I've used sugar, sugar+citric acid, and just corn starch. my best result is from just corn starch. no washing them after or anything. the trick is to coat them in cornstarch, then get your strainer, throw the coated gummy in the strainer. Now get a plate big enough to cover the whole top of your strainer and shake the shit out of the strainer over the sink/another container. this leaves the bare minimum of cornstarch on the gummies but enough to make them nonstick. I wasn't getting enough off of them without a plate on top of the strainer. these have kept the best for me. anything with sugar or citric acid I get the "sweats" too and it looks like a tiny elf jizzed on each of the gummy.

JVonChron

only weird occurrence I had with them was a slight tingle/burn in the throat. but that may attributable to the dab I took before hand not sure. I also used diamonds in one of my batches so yes that batch was a tiny bit gritty but totally palatable.

MrsTravis216

I follow this recipe for the most part but sometimes my gummies come out nice and firm and pop out of the molds easy peasy but sometimes they are really squishy like they didn’t set and stick to the mold. Do you think I’m not adding enough glycerin when they come out super sticky? Is more glycerin better than not enough?

btw thank you for the recipe! My friends, family, and I have really been enjoying these 🤯

Latest posts

Latest posts