What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Other Hobbies..

U

ureapwhatusow

im an avid fisherman

fish the waters within an hour or two of montauk

Last edited:
I like to float, fish and camp along the river below,

I also like to hunt deer, turkey, small game and predators.

Add to the list, gardening and canning, ATV riding, gigging and just being outdoors as much as I can.

Don Cotyle said:
Hi cellardweller, Hey my brother from a another mother...LOL !

I also have an aquarium with African Cichlids! This is my 55 gallon tank with cichlids many which are hideing, look in the urn ;). The large fish on the left is a blue diamond flowerhead and the large on on the right is a Green Terror, he's actually about 11" long and 5+" inches tall. I've also got a 14" Pleco in there but heallways hides in the rocks! I can get tuned up and watch em for hours!!! I'll have to get a better closeup of the Green Terror, wicked colors on him!!!

Is that a yellow lab in the urn. I also have african ciclids. I have the same 55g. you have as well as a 40g. Both of these tanks have african ciclids, pleccos, and catfish in them. My 55 also has a couple sharks in it. A buddy of mine has 125g. with 4 pirahna in it. those things are nasty aggresive, they even tear the hell out of each other.

OG bub

~Cannabis-Resinous~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey cellarddood!

well, I have my kids.

that being my primary and most loved time spent...

Ive practiced Shaolin KungFu (Northern Long Fist), and Chin Na, for somewheres about 13-14 years. Pracitce Huc Chung Kun Tao, and staff forms, for about 10 yrs... Im not a martial arts freak, but Ive practiced a few styles extensively for a good bit of time. and will continue to.

I used to get into precision rifle shooting, and some IDPA style pistol shooting, few yrs back.

Ive been thinking about cultivating american ginseng, as I have land thats prime for it... something to pass on to my kids..

Id like to get into organic farming (small time) for local medicinal herbs..

I grow flowers, and a few other harvestable plants, edibles, etc.

I like to cook elaborate Pastas, and killer steaks..

Peace, bub.

Last edited:
R

Raistlin Majere

cellard nice planes, i always liked models and wanted to do them
even though they were for geeks :laughing:
never had the patience to get past more than 3-4 beginer kits
but once the kids are in school who knows what i'll do in the winter time lol

so where do you put them all ?
no way you can fit that many on strings hooked to the ceiling above your bed :muahaha:

as for my hobbies
well first its the kids, like Mr OG bub ( BTW Bub all 5 of them PH just sprouted above soil, THANKS !! :respect:)

summertime anything that will keep me outside
same for fall and spring, but i also eat ALOT of mushrooms during these seasons
winter i always get the blues and even sometimes depression, but it always dissapears when the sun comes out in spring

obviously i am on this damn comp most of the time, but as my kids get older and can stay away from home longer you will see less and less of me

oh yeah and i am really into daydreaming while watching clouds
my hammock out back is a blessed relef (sp?) at the end of the day LOL

C

cellardweller

:wave: G'mornin Mr Majere.
Thank You and Welcome to the Hobby Shop. All of my planes live in the entertainment center downstairs. The rest of my crap is in the real hobby shop hidden behind a wall and a 90* bend in the cellar.(wich is soon to be turned into... :muahaha: )I like to keep other things on strings above my bed! :spank:
I am sorry to hear that we will be seeing less of you in the future. :puppydoge but I guess thats life. A hammock is a great thing..I wonder whats it like w/ a headful of shrooms on a bright cloudy day...I also fight the dreaded winter blues coupled with boredom...
OG Bub How are ya? Back when I was a young teen I practiced a form called Kee-Ogo Shin Kai. A Phillipino form I beleive. Sorry bout the spelling too, phonetics is better than nothin. You sound very established in your martial arts regime, I know what kind of discipline it takes!:respect: for cookin!
ToKEN :wave: A good friend I work with also plays hockey!
VG I think Don does have a Yellow Lab in that urn..any chance you could post a pic of your tank?
BB Thats a great pic..must be a great spot for everything you mentioned!
ureapwhatusow I would love to fish for sharks off Montauk, its so close.
Saibai :nono: thats just wrong, although I know/hope your just kiddin..( I did laugh a lil at that!)
Peace in the east guys!Thanks for checking out the HobbyShop!!
~cd

let me figure out how to up load pics, i took a couple today, but i have an old crappy 3.2 megapixel cam so just bear with me

EDIT: I also have dial up net so it might take a minute

Last edited:
Here is my 55 gallon tank

A close up of the Blood Parrots

A close up of the Bala Sharks

This is the 40 gallon

Here is a close up of my most colorful cichlid.

If you look really close on the left side of the cave you can see a tiny baby, i have no idea how many she had total, but there are 2 that made it alive.

Last edited:
L

Lune TNS

I go to school still, and work full time. Besides growing I like to read a good deal, play video games, hang out with my dog, watch movies, and smoke with my friends. Been getting into fishing a little bit lately, going to buy a cheapo rod this weekend... that should keep me pretty busy for the summer....

Stay Puft

Metal detecting

Metal detecting

I like to go Metal detecting on occasion.
While I may not find treasure, I always find metal and it is usually interesting to me. :bashhead:
Metal detecting is a great way to get outdoors and explore your local history and besides that you might FIND TREASURE!
Did you know that there is more coins lost in the world than are in circulation?
(BTW-Those pull-tabs from the 70s beer/soda cans are killing me!) lol
As an added plus..did i mention it is a good cover while you are looking for that perfect G-grow location?

Last edited:

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
changed over time; judo, aikido, kali, silat; suck at em all LOL. my bali until the pin broke, would love a nice one. my les paul custom. my klein. readin good fiction by someone who writes with style and substance, good fantasy/sci-fi, bios. documentaries, movies. must be a toker, must like pets :rasta: wanna snowboard but im bad enuf with the skiis and dont know if my ass would take the beating :rasta:

Last edited:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
One of my hobbies is buying/selling Randall Knives, alot of them on eBay.
These knives are made by hand, one at a time in Orlando Fl. Right now I have six knives on order and if I were to order another this month its delivery date is July, 2014. In demand and so collectible even as new knives. Needless to say they're not exactly cheap, the knives I have on order all with very specific custom features chosen by me are priced from $350-600, a $50.00 deposit holds each knife, and as each knife becomes available to me I'm billed for the balance of the price agreed upon at date of purchase.

Randall Model 15 'Airman' circa 1961 (VietNam)in 99.9% mint condition.
This knife was designed to be able to pierce the skin of a jet aircraft in
order to aid the pilot in extraction/escape from the cockpit. From tip to
hilt it is made of 1/4" specially hardened steel.
Sold for $7,450.00 on eBay. No, I was not the buyer/seller of this knife.

www.randallknives.com

Outdoorsman Knives
Skinning and Hunting Knives
Saltwater Knives
Survival Knives
Military Style Knives
Bowie Knives
And many more.......
They must make well over 100 models all hand made, a long wait
when ordering thru Randall, fast & spendy if you have to have one
off of eBay. Most knives go from the Randall factory & right onto
eBay for fast profits I think.

Model 17 'Astro'
This Randall Made model was especially designed for the seven Mercury astronauts, who carried them on America's first manned space flights. Astronaut Gordon Cooper did the final design, and two of these historically valuable knives are on display in the Smithsonian Institution. $460.00

Last edited:
Hey you knife collectors out there maybe you could answer something for me. From what I can gather Rocky Moser was/is a custom knifemaker, do any of you know of the quality of his work. I have a first production run 1 of 5000 of the Smith and Wesson Power Glide, I know its not high dollar as it was gifted to me from someone. That being said it is a very handy knife that holds a sharp edge well, it is a paratrooper type knife where the handle pulls apart and then closes to push the blade out.

Last edited:
cellardweller said:
This is one of my 1st ever built.TOPGUN anyone?
F-14 Tomcat Carrier based

Top Gun and the F-14 Tomcat.. Still my favorite movie, and favorite plane.. Tried to build one when i was around 7-8.. bad idea to give a kid like me a model at that age.. It went fairly well... Until i got the glue open lol.

But on a lighter side apart from doing Cabinet/growroom research/design..

Like to play Golf.. Lots of golf.. awesome sport and i've still got along ways to go haha.

Paintball will always be a money pit for me... Started playin it in HS in 03, took a break a bit during college and im gettin back into again.. tryin to get picked up by a team for tournaments.

Swimming, running, staying in shape... I'm certified as a Firefighter/EMT and i guess you could consider all the studying i still do and applications and stuff just to find a job.. VERY competitive to find one in Cali despite all the fires.. And it takes 2 years to get on LAs list so no i cant do anything about Universal Studios yet lol.

That and computer games and partying and normal college stuff i guess haha... Wish i lived on campus though.. makes getting girls SOO much easier lol

C

cellardweller

:wave: Hi everybody..I saw that I had forgotten about this thread..OOPS! :spank:
Ya know Mushu thats funny..I work at a golf course but dont play...go figure..
Sorry VG, cant help ya on that one..but I like your tank!
Speakin of tanks, NYCDfan042, thats a nice one too! did you build it yerself?
Stoner 4 Life..I have a nasty blade fetish..keep them pics commin!
flubnutz..this is a hobby thread not a singles ad. :laughing: j/k man!
staypuft..I also like metal detecting when I have time..
:wave: Hi Lune!! and mangled too!..fishin is the bomb! I just got back and I go every day! I used to flyfish but its a wicked bitch. Im back to my trusted spinnin setup.
Hope I didnt miss anyone!
stay safe in whatever you do!
cd

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
And yet another great thread by the man himself. haaa

Wats goood.

First I have to say those jets and the whole air base is just amazing. That work is awesome, I give you mad props on that, I can only imagine doing something like that.

For some of my hobbies.
I dont have much. But, I play xbox 360 and PS3 alot. I chill with my girlfriend and we like to goto the beach an chill and go shopping. I reallly love to cook and I can cook some good as food. And mostly I like to just play with my weed.

Cheers.

C

cellardweller

Yo Prof,
you just said the magic words bro! Im a pro-chef and have been for many yrs. any questions about recipes or techniques, just holla bro!
thanks for the props on the modelling. havent done it in a while but I might get into some old muscle cars I got layin around this winter!
Thanks for bumpin this thread!
Salude!

Latest posts

Latest posts