What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Other Hobbies..

C

cellardweller

..Besides the OBVIOUS one!
:wave: Hi IC! Im cd and I was just wonderin what everyone else does in their spare time besides growin the "pot"..I did a search for a thread like this and couldnt find it so ...here we go!
This is one of my hobbies

For those of you who aren't sure, those are African Cichlids.
They like a ph of 8-8.5. I feed them dry pellets,brine shrimp,worms as a treat and some veggie flakes. They're a pretty aggressive species as you have to keep more than just 2-3 or they get very territorial.
I'm also a chef by trade, so another one of my hobbies is cookin,which led to another hobby of mine,collecting knives, swords anything with a blade..heres a coupla Microtech OTF automatics

Well take care everyone!
Stay Safe and Stay "Tuned"
~cd

asa42

Anime n Stoner Aficionado
cool tank & fish. always thought them & herb go together well w/ the ph aspect.

i like to paint & write. love catchin bob ross for inspiration... aaaw its not comin on today.

would goin to concerts be considered a hobby, cause i enjoy them.

& how could i forget to mention i love to go fishin... oh yea cause it is sorta just opposite of keeping an aquarium, lol.

D

DrKong

cannabis is my only real hobby i don't know what i would do with out it. This maybe sad to some but i'm thankful for it every day.

NOKUY

Veteran
pro -level freestyle bmx rider...flatland mainly but sum street and vert

go ask paul osika my bro.

i hunt and fish and i really really wanna ge my octo tank goin, but i might be movin.

Collie Man

I have a shit load of hobbies...surfing, long/skateboarding, snowboarding, wakeboarding, camping, mountian biking, and the ocassional dirt course with my specialized "fatboy", flying thru the woods and meadows on my friends dirtbike at his house in the sticks, fishing...so much more!

FRANKENBLUNT420

me blunt is like, wicked yo!! owight
i too have found alot more to growing. the obvious, i have undertaken the herb garden and am growing some hot peppers for my wife. definitely like to cook and it seems that all aspects of home repair have become a hobby aswell, hell what can i say i love my tools.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
SCUBA DIVING baby! love to dive! that reminds me I need to start a thread about possible medical risks with smoking weed before diving.

Mining(gold)!

Videogames!

Music Production!

Growing other shit!

Food Conisueor!

School!

GANJA!!!!..... oh wait..... u said OTHER.....

D

Don Cotyle

Hi cellardweller, Hey my brother from a another mother...LOL !

I also have an aquarium with African Cichlids! This is my 55 gallon tank with cichlids many which are hideing, look in the urn ;). The large fish on the left is a blue diamond flowerhead and the large on on the right is a Green Terror, he's actually about 11" long and 5+" inches tall. I've also got a 14" Pleco in there but heallways hides in the rocks! I can get tuned up and watch em for hours!!! I'll have to get a better closeup of the Green Terror, wicked colors on him!!!

LOL...My Microtech Halo 3, Picklock Pat Fish with horn scales and fileworked blade and back spring( looks like a fish when the blade is closed) and an inexpensive Florida spike! I also collect auto knives and others

Love to fish,hunt,camp, target shoot and make homemade wines! I've 2 large breed dogs that walk the river with me (not as much as I'd like to anymore due to mybad right leg-hip and back, but they love to swim with me!!!

Last edited:
C

cellardweller

:wave: Hi everybody!
asa thanks! but if you read closely they like a high high ph :nono: for our other hobby! thats a happy little avatar btw!
DR Kong sometimes I feel the same way.I am obsessed with growing my own.(IC MAG too)
NOKUY not too much of a rider, but I think an octo tank would be b-o-m-b!
Poopsie thats funny, I drink from the bottle!
Collie Man thats cool bro I really never got into "active" sports but I have ridden quite a bit..
Frankenblunt I too have a garden. I have been lookin for the worlds hottest pepper, the "GHOST CHILI"
something like over 2,000,000 on the Scoville scale.. :muahaha:
GET MO Glad ya could make it! I used to dive with my lil brother, but it scared the crap outta me.( I was taken to see JAWS at the age of 7)Im glad to hear school is a hobby for you.Personal enrichment is always good.
and last but not least..
Don Cotyle No shit man.You are a-scarin me!Ii do everything that you posted and then some.Dont tell me you build models too! :laughing: That GT is beautiful...I had a 125g tank with an Oscar (7#) a Green Terror(4#) a Pleco(27 in.) a Firemouth (just over a pound) and a few others. This was back in the day b4 digi cams, and I really never thought to take any pics of it but I think I might have one somewhere.I also collect katanas.not fakes. I only have 2 right now as I had to sell 2 'NIHONTO" when I got laid off last yr.I'll post some pics of them too. Im pretty deadly @100 yrds open sights w/ my lever action Marlin 30-30.My Lab loves too swim w/ me but I have ta keep him leashed or he'll just swim away.Stupid Lab. (hes great tho..) :headbange
Maybe if I get bored later I'll take some pics of my jets for ya.I've always wanted to show em off (since they sit in the cellar collectin dust and pot resin :laughing: ) and I guess this might as well be the best place for it!
peace from da east!
cd

Last edited:

FrankRizzo

Listen to me jerky
I like to: travel all over the internet, cook, but I like to eat even more, doodle, I snowboard a lot, play with my cats/dogs, I'm getting into gardening more and more, read when I can sit still, I watch lots of movies, sleeping is always fun. A little of everything I guess.

C

cellardweller

:wave: Frank Rizzo Internet travel is fun,but you should get out more! :muahaha: Ive traveled all over New England w/ the wife and its a beautiful world out there.

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
I like to collect the arms of all those statues that have no arms

23123262.jpg

Last edited:

FrankRizzo

Listen to me jerky
cellardweller said:
:wave: Frank Rizzo Internet travel is fun,but you should get out more! :muahaha: Ive traveled all over New England w/ the wife and its a beautiful world out there.

I grew up in New England. It is a pretty sweet part of the country. I just drove up the west coast two days ago. From mid Cali to Oregon. Nice drive, done it a bunch of times. Hit a deer this trip and screwed up my car. I just like traveling all over the internet since it allows you to learn/see places you might not be able to at that time. Kind a cheaper form of travel I guess. Would love to travel to Figi right now but it's not in the cards for me. A few clicks of the mouse and at least I can be a bit closer. Good thread you have here.

:joint:

asa42

Anime n Stoner Aficionado
cellardweller said:
:wave: Hi everybody!
asa thanks! but if you read closely they like a high high ph :nono: for our other hobby! thats a happy little avatar btw!
i'd read the numbers... i wasnt meanin that you'd use the same water! like i'm THAT stupid! i meant it more in that learnin ph for one should lend to the other.

trouble

Veteran
cellardweller said:
For those of you who aren't sure, those are African Cichlids.

African Cichlids are pretty neat fish. I have a friend that has them and one of his just had babies and it's really fun to watch the mother take-in all the little ones into her mouth to protect them. As far as my hobbies:

GOLF: Alot of golf. I only play on days that end in a "Y". A great sport for fat old men like myself.

FISHING: Salt & Fresh water. Mostly salt due to living on the coast.

BIRD HUNTING: Quail - Pheasant - Duck - and a little Turkey.

GIRL HUNTING: I enjoy the thrill of the chase, however, at my old age I practice catch & release.

SKEET-TRAPS-SPORTING CLAYS: Not competitively, but really just a fun way to tune myself for bird shooting. I shoot alot of Sporting Clays it's my favotite practice for bird hunting.

GAMBLING: There was a time I would bet anyone what time the sun was going to rise, however, now I just play a little college football and maybe a few horse races each year.

:wave:

........................................................................................................

Last edited:

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
I love the bud, but I do have other passions
I love golf, I will play 5 times a week, if my sched allows for it
I am very passionate about baseball, and will watch hundreds of games a year.
I build PC's
I am an avid rollerblader
And every year I do some sort of survival training, I am preparing for the inevitable day when I get lost canoe camping.( for those who dont understand that, basically we park our car, put everything in a canoe, and paddle into the wilderness for a day or so) Very easy to get lost. So far I have completed, Advanced Wilderness first aid, Basic and advanced life support, I am injection certified, and I have taken countless hours of practice with building shelters and basic survival techniques

Latest posts

Latest posts