What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"My Green Heaven"

U

UBER21

Looking sweet D-Rock I will watching this log all the way......On a side note how are those grow bags are they pretty easy to move around??? Was thinking of getting some also.....

D Rock

HERBAL RELEAF PLANT A SEED START A WE
Veteran
UBER21 said:
Looking sweet D-Rock I will watching this log all the way......On a side note how are those grow bags are they pretty easy to move around??? Was thinking of getting some also.....

Extremely eazy. Plus they are super cheap. They are thicker than a regular black garbage bag and take a good bit of pressure to make a hole in one I know I was high and wanted to see how hard i had to press before a hole was poked through.

I did F I M the two Garberville Purple's last night before I layed down, they look to be doing ok today. I sprayed them with the foliar spray after doing the Fim'ming.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good D Rock, I've thought about using those grow bags but it's too late for my current run, I'll have to try them next time!

D Rock

Veteran
No updates at the moment, but about the bags. They are Designed at the bottom in a way that when you fill them with dirt or soil or whatever your using and it automatically takes the shape its suppose to..........................

I really got to quit smoking and trying to explain shit. I just cant do it.

U

UBER21

Thanx D-Rock awesome im deff going to my shop to see if they have any in 1 gallon.........

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was thinking of getting some tall long ones and packing my tent for a sog under the 600w. Will have to wait til I get my cloning tent fully up and running though :)

D Rock

Veteran
Well its time to put some new pics up but there really isnt much to say except well .......enjoy.

Day 19 December 19,2007​

This picture and the one below are of the garberville purples after being FIM'ed

Last edited:

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Plants are looking good D
I hope the FIM works for ya, everytime I have tried it, they turned out to be males

jgaf

oh sorry im late :rasta: (grabs a seat at the back of class)

good to see your rockin the t5 again. cant wait to see this grow progress

im sure this time round with known genetics and more experience the grow is gonna turn out fantastic.

laters

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey D - how do you keep your tent so clean! :D Nice photos, fingers crossed the FIM works well for you :joint:

D Rock

Veteran
Dr Dog said:
Plants are looking good D
I hope the FIM works for ya, everytime I have tried it, they turned out to be males

Oh great and I only have 2, oh well I hope I get at least 1 female. Thanks for the heads up Dr Dog.

Wicked

D-rock, what do you mean by FMd? Curious I looked back but couldnt find reference, note I am pretty blasted, but I did look.

D Rock

Veteran
jgaf said:
im sure this time round with known genetics and more experience the grow is gonna turn out fantastic.

Thanks for stopping by and I sure hope it turns out good too. I can definately see a difference in this plants progress versus the unknown bagseed I was growing before. Hang around I hear its going to be like a jungle in here soon.
:joint: :rasta:
Sammet said:
Hey D - how do you keep your tent so clean! :D Nice photos, fingers crossed the FIM works well for you :joint:
Thanks Sammet, I use a dustbuster handheld vacuum to clean up the floor ever couple days and then I spray it down and wipe all the walls and floor and watch myself dirty it up and if i make a mess I clean it up then instead of waiting and forgetting about it which i know I would do.

I really hope the FIM works cause That was the first time I have taken a blade to one of my plants while its still alive & in the ground, all the other times have been by hand. Things like trimming and pruning had all been done by hand.

D Rock

Veteran
Wicked said:
D-rock, what do you mean by FMd? Curious I looked back but couldnt find reference, note I am pretty blasted, but I did look.

Thanks for stopping by.
I Fim'ed my 2 Garberville Purple Plants the bigger ones. There really wasnt any refrence made to it. At least I dont think so anyway, I just decided to do it and then took pictures and posted it here.

D Rock

Veteran
Day 19, December 17, 2007​

- Garberville Purple's seem to be unbothered by the Fim'ing that took place yesterday, they are continueing to put out Lush vegetative growth. The Northern Lights might even pass the purps as fast as they are growing. I have noticed new growth on the Northern Lights every time I see them almost.

Day 21 December 19, 2007​

-Watered the Garberville Purple's with 8 cups of water & the Northern Lights with 4- 5 cups of water depending on each plant. Couple new shots.

Day 22 December 20, 2007​

-Plants are standing tall & are Perky today. It's amazing how they are constant changing & always differentwhen I see them. Not to much to say when things are going ......Shall we Say.....................Perfect??? KNOCKS ON WOOD......

-Something that I forgot to add in my journal is that I took off some lower branches on the Garberville Purples. My Idea behind all this crazy madness is simple. If I remove these healthy lower limbs and redirect the plants energy into making new tops since they were FIM'ed a couple days ago. They seem to be doing well and unbothered by the whole process, Im keeping my fingers crossed. :joint:

D Rock

Veteran
Day 23 December 21, 2007​

-Today I noticed that the plants are all really droopy and they were all standing real tall and proud like yesterday. The light is off now so i will check them when the light comes back on.

- I wonder what makes the plants tall and perky one day and all droopy the next , what does all this mean?

- I use to think that they were talking to me & letting me know that they were thirsty, maybe they are telling me that I gave them too much water yesterday. Anyone here on the boards know why our plants do this?

Later folks. :wave: :joint:

D Rock

Veteran
Day 25 December 23, 2007​

- Plants are getting Big Fast! Im going to have to get another light if most of these turn out to be Female.

-The Garberville Purple's seem to be getting Fatter and invading the Northern Lights Space, either some more trimming needs to be done or i need to start weeding them out, get it weeding them out haha, Ok enough of my dry humor (havent had any smoke yet this morning, so Im not thinking staright.)

- I could probably start flowering now to force the plants to sex bu last go round that didnt seem to work for the better as I ended up with only 3 females out of 11 plants. sure hope I have a better turn out than last grow.

- sprayed all plants with a foliar spray this morning when i got up, plants are droopy again. Tought they might need water but the soil is still pretty heavy and I dont want to overwater.

- I wish I would have had a way to cool my 1000 watt HPS system that I had before the T5, but under the circumstances that Im growing there was no real proper way to cool my grow room. But the 1000 watt HPS would have helped me get those buds to swell till they bust. I am however gonna get the 400 HPS I think and then get the side mounting brackets for my T5 light thenb I can have my T5 light behind the plants with the 400 watt above the Plants I think that it would help to increase my yield. Later dudes! :joint:

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
In my experience, the plants droop overnight, I would imagine to conserve energy.

I also notice them "boot" up shortly after I feed them as opposed to right after I feed them they get droopy. I suspect this happens when the plant is taking up food, it would need to use energy to do that and takes it away from the leaves. Once it's energy is replaced the leaves prop back up.

There is a differnce between droopy and needs water though. Normally a plant that is in need of water will almost look dead, the leaves pointing straight down,

Are you seeing roots out of the drainage holes yet?
That is normally a good indication when the plant is well rooted and has some side action going on, what may have happened is that the plant is rooted straight down, thus all teh weight is in the side soil, where the plant is not feeding, you may need to dry your plants out a bit to force them to look all over the inside of that bag looking for food

Merry Christmas Brother