What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CALL of DUTY 4.

Endo

IcMag Resident Comic Relief
Veteran
wow.. just got to the part where krushev's son kills himself.. intense, i was like sweet we caught him..... BLAM!!!! my girlfriend was talking to me at the time.. then all of a sudden i went silent..... i love this game. too bad im hearing is just to freaking short. COD5 anyone?

ninjashoes said:
I have the 360 version and I love the way it controls. You just have to get used to using a controller. For a game liek Quake 3 arena yeah its better on a mouse but with the way you have to aim in COD 4 I prefer the controller.

yeah totally I just tried cod4 on my pc and it was a much better experience and better handling with the xbox. Man this game rocks.

Endo

Veteran
wow really.. usually everyone is all over the pc is better than console issue. i love console gaming, but im sure im still in the minority.

.. na endo.. your not in the minority anymore.. consoles are here to stay.. w/ pc getting less and less support of the years.

I've been trying to figure it out.. but I think the mouse lets you obviously sight up head shots easier. .. but you also "have" to sit at a desk and get carpal tunnel, the keyboard is awkward at best to move your character compared to the xbox controller.

yeah it felt like a retard trying to draw at first but after a while I've become pretty adept at the sticks instead.

at first my KD was .6 now its definetly above 1.3 and climbing obviously average at best.. but for me i'm shredding :)

yesterday I killed 5 people by shooting a car w/ a m16 all silenced.. and went on a 6 knife spree.. it was my finest moment.

I wish this game let you save vid cap of the gameply.. there's been some awesome sneaky shit that I wish you could watch again.

Endo

Veteran
yeah im still getting used to the game, ive been splitting my time bewteen mario galaxy halo 3 and cod 4. just not enough time in the day. my best cod moment as far was 3 person grenade kill, why people stand so close to eachother is beyond me sometimes... ...

GorillaGrower said:
.. na endo.. your not in the minority anymore.. consoles are here to stay.. w/ pc getting less and less support of the years.

I've been trying to figure it out.. but I think the mouse lets you obviously sight up head shots easier. .. but you also "have" to sit at a desk and get carpal tunnel, the keyboard is awkward at best to move your character compared to the xbox controller.

yeah it felt like a retard trying to draw at first but after a while I've become pretty adept at the sticks instead.

at first my KD was .6 now its definetly above 1.3 and climbing obviously average at best.. but for me i'm shredding :)

yesterday I killed 5 people by shooting a car w/ a m16 all silenced.. and went on a 6 knife spree.. it was my finest moment.

I wish this game let you save vid cap of the gameply.. there's been some awesome sneaky shit that I wish you could watch again.

Endo

Veteran
its been a few weeks now and im still getting my arse kicked constantly. does it seem to anyone else that when firing from the hip when you encounter someone close, never seems to kill the guy? m4 with red dot and deep impact should do some damage but.. it never seems to happen.

TwoOhSix!

Endo said:
its been a few weeks now and im still getting my arse kicked constantly. does it seem to anyone else that when firing from the hip when you encounter someone close, never seems to kill the guy? m4 with red dot and deep impact should do some damage but.. it never seems to happen.
If you want any kind of accuracy when firing from the hip you need the Steady Aim perk.
The red dot doesn't do shit when you're firing from the hip.
Deep impact is more for penetrating walls and stuff, I don't think it does much, if any, extra damage.
M4 is noob. Gain some levels.

Endo

Veteran
lol, i didnt mean the red dot for hip firing, but i thought deep impact would at least do something... only a level 16 or something.. how far b4 i get something good, and what would you reccomend?

s.a.s call of duty 4 mo****er not like the real thing but pretty close to it, the graphics kidd on the hd 1080p if you dont have a 1080p you neeeeed one.

Endo

Veteran
USMC-Toker said:
s.a.s call of duty 4 mo****er not like the real thing but pretty close to it, the graphics kidd on the hd 1080p if you dont have a 1080p you neeeeed one.

haha i think ive played with you b4, if i remember correctly your pretty good, do you play halo3 cause that if it was you sucked. :bashhead: just playin man. sadly only 1080i.

D

Don Cotyle

Excellent game, I like the realisum of the weapons! Got it for my son for Christmas, we beat it on medium in 2 settings. Yes I'm off work on disability. Going thru the secound time on hard...damn that Dragonov sniper rifle comes in handy...just call me mellon popper. I won't go into any details as I don't want to spoil it for ya'll. Tons of achevements to unlock with this one!!!

Watch out for them damn dogs!!!

Last edited:

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
I've been playing FPS since wolfenstein came out on the apple 2 (80's) LOL. Yes they have come a long, long way. Mostly played PC and now 360. I have to unlearn using a mouse and now use my thumb. Now if infinity will keep adding maps and updates, we will be in business. Very disappointing to hear cod 5 is going back to WW2. Like we don't have enough WW2 games already. Current combat games (like cod 4) maybe make up 2% of the FPS market. Why the need to constanly have WW2........been there done that, can we move on?

OGRaq

COD4 isn't ww2

I've played a few of the newer FPS and COD4 does have one of the best interfaces as far as control movement etc. Until another game can match that guess I'll be sticking with cod4.

tried area 51 for about 1 minute, it sucked, and Time shift is decent at best.

Anyone got COD4 on PS3 let's dance :)

Latest posts

Latest posts