What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Resinryder Popping Beans. Texas Kid's Metro, Bloody Mary and Lonestar's Texas Heather

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
So It's been a while since I've popped any beans. The hoard is getting older, I'm getting older, and I can't take em with me. I got these beans from my bro's Texas Kid and Lonestar-may he rest in peace.

TRC's Texas Heather make up-
From ~2002-2003
Texas Heather -(K2 x Lavender) x Sweet 13
(Sweet13 -Ray Davies X13 Clone x Sweet Tooth #3)

Additional lineage found the strains used in the Texas Heather's makeup--

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]K2=Hindu Kush x White Widow(Original WW) x Lavender(Super Skunk x Big Skunk Korean x Afghani Hawaiian
80% Indica / 20% Sativa)

Crossed to

Ray Davies X-13= X13 (G13 (Airbourne) x Apollo-13 (Bro's Grimm) x Thai (raydavies '02---It's a bushy indoor sativa)[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] X Sweet Tooth #3-Spice of Life= Sweet Pink Grapefruit [/FONT]x Sweet Tooth BX2
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Additional Texas Heather info-
Texas Heather - The TRC Texas Heather is a true knock out winner! A beautiful Sweet13 dad crossed to a very special elite TRC clone and the results are fantastic! Heavy yielding 8 week strain that’s guaranteed to wow any grower and connoisseur! Fantastic flavor and devastating stone results another winner from the TRC! Flowering time: 8 weeks, Nutrient: medium to heavy feeder, Yield: Above Average, Type: Mostly Indica

A description of Texas Heather by the Resin Monk himself : “Texas Heather, beautiful medium sized indoor honey, she is a bud machine ya'll, with a killer back of the head instant dumbness, eye sink, and not too much dry mouth, a really nice spread from the head down buzz, I am really impressed with the Heathers, they bud like the Old Williams wonder nugget style yet, they get larger buds, a bit tighter also, super resinous, so careful handling them because the resins get all over your fingers, next thing you know, its in your eyes, but man is she pretty at harvest time too! Lots a colors basically two phenos not too much apart, done well at eight weeks”

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Pic of all three-
picture.php

So first up-
Lonestar's Texas Heather-7 beans
I dropped these in a shot glass on 8-22-16, put between paper towels on 2-23-16 and into cups today. As of this morning I had 5 of the 7 pop tails and into the cups with Light Warrior.
picture.php
picture.php

resinryder

Veteran
Next up is Texas Kid's Bloody Mary-From ~2004-2005
5 of the 6 had tail this morning

Some info from one of my older threads
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A creation made by Texas Kid called Bloody Mary. Here's some info on her pedigree-Bloody Mary is a cross of Blood Skunk and Texas Kid's Mary Jane which is Sharon White Widow and Texas Heather. Folks this ain't your ordinary marijuana. She will hit ya and hold on to ya for a while. True sit down and stare at the tv for an hour and a half smiling and can't remember shit type of weed. She smells of sickly sweet fruit punch, but cures out with a sandalwood, leathery old school taste. I clearly see this strain as becoming an elite. She is some of the strongest herb I've smoked in a very, very long time. No hype, just the honest truth.

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bloody Mary Info from Texas Kid-
Here is some info from my thread at another site where TK gives some detail about the Blood side of the mix.
Quote-"I came about the Bloody Skunk after a cat over on Reeferman's boards said that "Blood' was the best Hawaiian sativa he had ever smoked. This would have been in the mid 80's early 90's I guess. I know a few folks overthere on Maui and sent out the call. Lookin for Blood, anybody know the story on blood, what ya know, found some but not the strait blood, they say it went away awhile back but they had some seeds of the best hybrid(SK#1) that they have had on ice for a few years. I only got one female out of the group but she was stellar. I sent 10 seeds across the pond to the UK and kept my mother kickin.

Tex" end Quote.
[/FONT]

picture.php
picture.php

resinryder

Veteran
Lastly, Texas Kids Metro-From ~2004-2005

As of this morning 8 of 12 had tails-

TK's Metro is The Arcata Trainwreck cut x TRC's Blue 13
TRC's Blue 13 is---Blue13 - A very pretty plant chosen for it’s sativa heavy mother. She is a vigorous growing with copious amounts of potent sativa dominant resins and a strong berry taste. 8 weeks flowering time. a killer damned near perfect plant, she is awesome eye candy, awesome buds, and great yields, medium sized, and killer, RayDaviesX13 clones were the mum, and the dad is from an F3 if you will of Blueberry, it was a monster from the get go. Being reworked

Also a description of Blue 13 from Lonestar in only the way he could go about it, lol-

Blue13
This plant is one mean Mofo! She don't play around! Whether she is growing dormant or in flower, it's all about heavyness! Heavy killer knock-out buzz and intense wonderful ''thick'' flavors. Super "right now" pain killin' too! I just Lu-huv Blue 13!

But Lone?, WTF IS Blue13? I named Blue 13 years ago, after good results were being had from the first hybrids of the then decided upon TRC Blueberry Mother Plant! Lotsa work there! OK, so Ray Davies at the time, was well known for his spacey super potent and prodigeous INSIDE Sativa Bush he named ~X-13~ . . . sounds erie . . . woo-ooo-ooo-ooo-ooo! mhaha! And that X13 was such a nice killer Punch in the head buzz, I said, "Hmmnn, let's do something original here!" .

So ""The Killer" TRC Blueberry, also known as Super Blueberry, (also Bluebonnett, etc.) was used to hit the X13 mums I prepared. And "wala", Blue13! Serious "couch and munchy" stuff! It has a killer sweet head wrappin' warmth to it also! I just love Blue13, and have MY own rotation of female "Mums" now off it!

So, Blue 13, will grow fast and does need to eat well. Piece of cake really! She is an 8 week plant like Most all TRC stocks. Some are earlier, depending on where you are, and if you are using Co2 injections systems etc! A superb plant! Do not just ''save'' these seeds if you get'em! RUN THESE BABIES!! - LS

Some info on the Trainwreck cut-
Trainwreck description from the greatly missed Dr.Jay
Of all the strains called "medical" there is, in my mind, no better nor stronger strain than Train Wreck.

Train Wreck is an old hybrid (1970's) from Humbodlt of lowland Thai, Mexican Sativa, and a very solid and potent Afghani.
Train Wreck (TW) is particularly good for the treatment of migraine, pain, and nausea.
While TW is thought to be a Sativa dominant (and looks like it) it's actually got quite a bit of Afghan in it making this an extremely potent hybrid. I'm guessing our TW is probably a 65/35 Sativa/Indica.
There are a few true TW seeds around but don't expect to find them. If you did you'd be real surprised that this 42 flower strain from clone is 9 months when grown from seed. This is because in Train Wreck the gene that controls flowering is time from germination.

One of the striking things about Wreck is the color. It's not really green at all. Here's some of my popcorn nuggies taken from a small plant at day 42.

Some caution about Train Wreck....This strain is a creeper, especially when fresh. You take one toke and it takes a good 5 minutes before you find yourself toasted. Some make the mistake of toking while they're waiting for that first toke and find themselves truly stoned. Heck, my wife smoked Wreck by mistake and got lost in the pool :)
Cured for 3-4 weeks, TW loses some of the "creeper" quality and becomes rock hard nuggies that are stronger than most hash.

Finally, the taste is of a mentholated dead whale dipped in lemon gasoline.
Yours,
Dr. Jay

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

resinryder

Veteran
More details/descriptions to come
Ok just added descriptions to the strains above where they needed to go

Medium Pimpin'

Ask Beavis, I Get Nothing Butt Head
Veteran
hell yeah RR!
i remember smoking some bloody mary from ez years back at the bbq.
it was good shit, i hope you find some killer phenos.

resinryder

Veteran
Wanted to add that the cups are only about 2/3's full. Wanted to leave room to add some soil to support leggy stems if needed.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can't wait to see these grow! Hope you find some real winners!

Those TRC strains are nice. I'm still running a Sweet Widow Lavender from them.

resinryder

Veteran
Can't wait to see these grow! Hope you find some real winners!

Those TRC strains are nice. I'm still running a Sweet Widow Lavender from them.

blynx-Hiya buddy. Glad to have you. I'm hoping for some winners too!! Been a long time since I heard of the Sweet Widow Lavender. Lonestar used to write some funny stuff on the seed packs.

theJointedOne-Glad to have you along for the ride man.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maybe this thread will be like a homing beacon to Zoo and he'll grace us with his company. Know he loves him some TRC.

dank.Frank