What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3 x 3 Tent + 250w LED + Hydro= 1/2 Pound... Optimistic?

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you need 1/4 pound every 3-4 months and you're not growing your own, it's costing you a couple vacations a year, or a car payment... every 4 months

The idea here is to show how easy it is to grow amazing meds. But to do so, you need quality tools

The cost of this set up including tent, light, timers, ~ 260 gph pump, air pump + air stones to keep the rez circulating, a pH meter and EC meter total cost ~ $1300, but at $10/g for high quality meds, the payoff could be $2250+, and at $15/gm >$3000! Plus, every grow thereafter is a savings of $2500 minimum every 4 months.

Pulling this off will require plants capable of 1/4 pound each. Based on prior experience with the strain I'll be using, I'm very optimistic

I have 3-4 plants that are just about ready to flip, from which to choose

The LED is going to be an Amare Technologies SE 250 ($745), his newest non-professional CoB hybrid panel, it has 4 Cree CBX 3070s, each surrounded by Cree monos. He's very high on it (NPI). If you're in a 2 x 4 tent/space he now offers the P300 which is a 3 ft tube- same price

View attachment 364733

Harvest pics are from last grow under the older version SE 220, using HR V + B + +Size during bloom. For this grow I will be using a new nute line to me:
Emerald Harvest Cali Bloom 2 part

View attachment 364731 View attachment 364732

I will use my proven DIY Mini-Me F & D hydro

View attachment 364730

Just waiting on the light to show up in ~ 5 days

Feel free to ask questions

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Emerald Harvest Update

I have been scouring the internet for people using it- not much being reported. I did find that a couple of the principals are from Canna and AN. That's a good sign

One grower noted pH drifts pretty fast. I never would have thought that would be the case with a modern nutrient, but it damn sure does! Easy enough to check and adjust daily, if need be

That aside, I am seeing quite a bit of bud density improvement on the ~ 34 day in flower sat (3rd day in Cali Bloom) in bubble bucket. Also, since it only has about 1.5g, it drifted quite a lot- 7+

No more pail grows for me. Raisng a budding plant with long branches up and out to dump/replace nutes is a PITA, BUT, it's great for clones

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
SE 250 shipped yesterday morning, cross country. I should have it by next Friday

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good News Bd News

Good News Bd News

Good news: According to UPS, I should have the SE 250 tomorrow.

Bad News: Big tropical storm hitting the SE today and tomorrow, will probably delay receipt a day or two

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Da Beast is in da house.

WOW I can't believe how much brighter the SE 250 is than the D200 it replaced.

And timing is excellent to bring these girls home.

Good thing the sat is tall and thin because the indica/sat (her leafs are very sat, but she has blueberry indica pheno squat) has overtaken most of the3 x 3

Note how much greener the sat is when outside the light. I took her out to get at the D200, which weighs some 34 pounds

View attachment 366606 View attachment 366607 View attachment 366608

glockdoc

updates!?!? very nice work PF btw, pulling up a chair.

if u had to pick between a mars300 and a galaxyhydro 300 which one would u go for?

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
updates!?!? very nice work PF btw, pulling up a chair.

if u had to pick between a mars300 and a galaxyhydro 300 which one would u go for?

the most expensive money you can spend is to cheap out with these BS products

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
are both these lights not worth it then?

what is the best way to light a 2x2x5 tent holding 1 scrogged plant ? if you dont mind me asking

Amare Technologies makes several models that might interest you, the SE 100 or SE 150

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Update: Plants are doing well under the Amare SE 250, even though when I changed nutes last I neglected to turn the o/o valve back on, At least it was overnight. When I checked on them in the morning, they were somewhat wilted. The fatty on the right did give up ~ 20 lower primary leafs, so, no real harm done

View attachment 367670 View attachment 367671

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This morning I cut another 45 minutes off the light schedule.

I trimmed a bunch of burned primary leafs, caused by the combination of the high intensity of the SE 250, especially with lenses on, and only having ~ 16" total height above the canopy= ~ 12" above the canopy. I need taller tents

The sat (on the left) was much less prone to the crisping than the fat hybrid

View attachment 368728 View attachment 368729 View attachment 368730

glockdoc

looking very good! ended up grabbing the 60x5 marshydro, needed it for my micro cab. i do understand what u were saying about getting what you pay for.

Latest posts

Latest posts