What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vietnamese Cannabis Seeds

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
What ever happened to Dr. Dalat? I read that article in High Times and fell in love with the pics. Wanted to grow it ever since...

inquest

Ace's Veit Black x Thai is said to be very much like their Veit Black mother. I've grown them and liked them alot.

Last edited by a moderator:

DemonPigeon

Veteran
RE:Ace's VeitXThai: I like them and am making outcrosses from them but I've never had a black plant, maybe they're not getting cold enough in my cabinet?

I certainly think they're one of the easiest cloning plants I've ever dealt with and very vigorous, I just want to have other strains to compare with and to increase the pool of diveristy I can select from :)

inquest

picture.php

This girl turned black with low temps and gold and red with warm temps + low ferts. I believe they were getting below 50 deg F when she threw her black colors. Beautiful plants for sure. :)

I'd like to compare them to pure Viet Black or maybe Willy Nelson but, currently I'm planning to cross a few I have to some Lebanese. Make my own version of Oriental Express. :)

DemonPigeon

Veteran
How warm was she when she went red and gold? do you have picks? :-D

I'll take some bud shots of mine soon but yeah it's never looked like that before!

Those sound like fucking amazing crosses, they'll be so colourful! :peacock:

inquest

It was middle of summer and in a closet, so about 80 to 90 deg F depending on time of day and outdoor temps. HVAC was shit in that house.

I've recently cleaned out my albumns, so I've lost that pic. :( She was beautiful, though!

I've crossed Ace's Malawi and HazexThai to the Leb. The Malawi combined really nice, at least structurally - My first run were all male. :/ I've got a few girls this time around. :) The Haze cross was ok...

DemonPigeon

Veteran
So both colder and warmer spaces than my grow area caused colouration? :-S

Guess I just didn't get a very colourful selection of phenotypes :-(

It sounds beautiful man :) Maybe I'll buy another pack if they do another release :p

presumeably my odds of colouration would be higher in plants which're pure VB rather than VBT hybrids?

Sorry to hear that about all the males, this seed run I almost ended up with just females lol :p which I can see most peole would want but isn't terribly good for breeding unless you have CS prepared and I've not tried CSing yet

inquest

No, I had reds and golds with low nutes and black with low temps.

I'd go for STS over CS. It's way simpler. You start with chemicals of a known lab grade then mix digitally measured amounts into distilled water. Lastly combine measured amounts of silver nitrate/h2o with sodium thiosulfate/h2o that you've previously made. That's your stock solution. Some have had good luck at full strength. I've had better luck diluting it 1 to 4 or so with distilled water. Apply once a week 4-6 times. And you can spray just a small portion of a plant to reverse just that portion. ;)

CS is subject to your aperatus and silver grade selection. Silver colloids have a tough time passing into the plant.

Wiki: "Another method of determining whether a mixture is a colloid is by passing it through a semipermeable membrane. The dispersed particles in a colloid would be unable to pass through the membrane. Dialysis takes advantage of the fact that colloids cannot diffuse through semipermeable membranes to filter them out of a medium."

STS on the other hand: Silver blocks the plants ethylene and the sulfate mobilizes the silver into the plant tissues.

Gert Lush

Veteran
1) Are there still good outlets for the Spice Brothers seeds?
2) Is Reeferman's Hoa Bac (Silver Leaf) - Vietnamese Mindfuck still available somewhere?
3) Is there anyone else who has landrace Vietnamese seeds?

1) No. They've been out of operation for five years now. I'd be fairly suspicious of anyone who claims they have their gear. It was very popular, and flew off the shelves once they were gone.

2) I've looked at some of Reef's later offerings, and he just doesn't seem to have those Asian strains he once had.

3) Not that I know of, outside of what's been said on this thread.

Sorry I can't give you more positive input, but that seems to be the situation at the moment.

Rinse

Veteran
Ace's Viet black intersts me a lot, the description of the earthy taste and balanced up high sounds like a good sativa for me, I remember Real seeds released a viet-lao landrace that may still be around somewhere. Good luck.

monkey5

Veteran
I have one female..Luin Hahn 99 going right now from Fet and Heavens Stairway days! Looks very sativa looking! Thin leaves all the way! It is Nevils Haze crossed to Viet Black mom..c-99 dad was used! I have c-99 polen and have seeds forming now as I type this! also hit with that c-99 polen..one Joey Weeds c-99 Female! Clones are going outside in the Nor Cali. sun soon of that Luin Hahn 99 female! Great threat! I have Viet Combos to look threw.. also! Nevils Haze was said to be selected from 100's of females! I am looking forward to this harvest! monkey5

therevverend

Veteran
In the early 90s I was soaking at the hot springs passing joints and beers around. Got to bullshitting with this dude, he said he wished he had some smoke to share but all he had was a few seeds to give me. Said he was from Hawaii been growing out there for years. Planted them for my first indoor grow.
They were small brown seeds with no spots barely looked viable. Two sprouted one was a scraggy looking male I immediately killed(no!!) and the other was a finicky female which grew into a beautiful mother that turned so purple she turned black. Orange hairs, greenish white THC crystals totally coated. Quick seven week flowering time. Seemed to be an sativa/indica cross. Such beautiful colors. She smelled exactly like Hawaiian Punch. One of my friends who didn't know I grew it said to me trying to sound like an expert, "They water this stuff with Hawaiian Punch right before they harvest it to make it taste that way" I just chuckled to myself.
Grew her for many years, never got offspring equal to the mother. It was always tricky to grow, finally lost her. Spent the last few years looking for her. Some of the Bubba Kush crosses like peyote purple look close but aren't it. These Vietnamese black are close. My idea is to cross Vietnamese Black with a dark purple Indica. Makes sense since Hawaii is between the USA and Vietnam. Hope to breed a real Hawaiian Punch someday.

DemonPigeon

Veteran
In the early 90s I was soaking at the hot springs passing joints and beers around. Got to bullshitting with this dude, he said he wished he had some smoke to share but all he had was a few seeds to give me. Said he was from Hawaii been growing out there for years. Planted them for my first indoor grow.
They were small brown seeds with no spots barely looked viable. Two sprouted one was a scraggy looking male I immediately killed(no!!) and the other was a finicky female which grew into a beautiful mother that turned so purple she turned black. Orange hairs, greenish white THC crystals totally coated. Quick seven week flowering time. Seemed to be an sativa/indica cross. Such beautiful colors. She smelled exactly like Hawaiian Punch. One of my friends who didn't know I grew it said to me trying to sound like an expert, "They water this stuff with Hawaiian Punch right before they harvest it to make it taste that way" I just chuckled to myself.
Grew her for many years, never got offspring equal to the mother. It was always tricky to grow, finally lost her. Spent the last few years looking for her. Some of the Bubba Kush crosses like peyote purple look close but aren't it. These Vietnamese black are close. My idea is to cross Vietnamese Black with a dark purple Indica. Makes sense since Hawaii is between the USA and Vietnam. Hope to breed a real Hawaiian Punch someday.

Do you know somewhere you can get vietnam black?

Lets not forget that Hawaii had plants of various provenance end up there over time, historically vietnam wasn't hugely linked to hawaii. Though after the war a lot of vietnamese seeds made it to the US.

What we really need is someone to make genetic profiles while many landraces are still either extant or with direct descendents with at least some kind of established link to the original.

therevverend

Veteran
I wish. Only the crosses some of these seed companies have. Gonna be looking for it. Honestly I have no idea if there's any Vietnamese in my Hawaiian Punch. I'm only going by pictures and strain description. Hawaii has always been a port for ships from all over the world. My strain could had Columbian, Mexican, Thai, or whatever for the Sativa part. But when I look at pictures some of the Vietnamese crosses look similar as do certain dark Indicas. I've never seen any Hawaiian strains that come even close. Except ones that have Vietnamese. Gonna be a fun, time consuming project.

Try the Mekong high from Dutch Passion .I call mine Mrs. 5 by 5 it won,t be ready in 8 weeks though as the description says,more like 11 weeks and probably 10 to 13 ounces , my Nigerian dispensary clones are about 2 weeks ahead of my Vietnamese , not all sativas ripen the same.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
But when I look at pictures some of the Vietnamese crosses look similar as do certain dark Indicas. I've never seen any Hawaiian strains that come even close. Except ones that have Vietnamese. Gonna be a fun, time consuming project.
Here are a few photographs of Vietnamese landrace cannabis from another website.

The second plant has some very broad leaves.

Notice the mountains in the background though.

In the tropics, highland strains have more indica traits like broad leaves, than in the lowland areas. My guess is that there are more clouds and rain higher up, and the broad leaves (as always) are useful in conditions of less light.

Latest posts

Latest posts