What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pure Thai Sativas

funkyhorse

Anyone running a thai thats too much to smoke ?
The kind where you have to wait after a few tokes to see how scary its gonna be ?

Aint see none like that since I was a novice, but maybe its out there still with no tolerance
Hi there
The kind you have to wait a few minutes is what I smoked most of my life and I am finding out in english it is called creeper high. In spanish which is my native language it was called marihuana, it was considered such a terrible drug that wars were raged against it using paraquat and roundup ready which affected the whole food chain and effectively killed non GMO weed which was drug quality in South America.
Now it is scorched earth. Whatever grows in South America today in commercial scale it is glyphosate resistant weed, you can call it GMO weed if you like

I didnt find so far anything you could call creeper high in commercial sourced weed from the canna world.
I found a Thai line given to me as freebie which gave plants and hybrids carrying this creeper high trait and it also cures excellent on high temperatures and dont degrade like modern european american weed. It is the only one I have with this trait. And the high of it is very similar to what @GrandpaMillenial describes for his thai line, a 2-2,5 hour high which is creeper high and super nice. This is the kind of weed I was sourcing in Laos

Paraguayan weed was always creeper high, you needed to wait a few minutes to see how strong the 3 tokes you puffed are. I simply cant believe creeper high weed is not the norm and the standard in the canna world
This is paraguayan perique, this is how paraguayan brick is done
paraguay_matiasmaxx_2_opt7_1200w.jpeg

This video is amazing, any similarity between this perique technique and Malawi cob I dont think is coincidental at all

Did anybody else find this weed:
The kind where you have to wait after a few tokes to see how scary its gonna be ?
If anybody else found it, please show the way with a lantern and tell the fans where to source it, for me it is never too scary. What is scary is marihuana is not creeper high anymore and it is almost impossible to find

These fermenting techniques work only on certain long flowering sativas.
Fermenting modern hybrids carrying indica in the crosses it is a waste of time, material and money

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
View attachment 18811779

lovely presentation on those cobs ,
they look awesome and a nice natural container vs plastic , which we have more than enough of polluting the planet already ,
my only dislike , with the cobs, the corn husks ,, taint the cannabis a bit ,
it takes on the taste of them and is quite noticeable when you toke the weed ,
it was the only part i didnt like about them ,
i made mine without the corn husk and was quite happy with the results ,
there is certainly somethings to learn about some of the old methods ...

Herbert Chickybaby

Hi there
The kind you have to wait a few minutes is what I smoked most of my life and I am finding out in english it is called creeper high. In spanish which is my native language it was called marihuana, it was considered such a terrible drug that wars were raged against it using paraquat and roundup ready which affected the whole food chain and effectively killed non GMO weed which was drug quality in South America.
Now it is scorched earth. Whatever grows in South America today in commercial scale it is glyphosate resistant weed, you can call it GMO weed if you like

I didnt find so far anything you could call creeper high in commercial sourced weed from the canna world.
I found a Thai line given to me as freebie which gave plants and hybrids carrying this creeper high trait and it also cures excellent on high temperatures and dont degrade like modern european american weed. It is the only one I have with this trait. And the high of it is very similar to what @GrandpaMillenial describes for his thai line, a 2-2,5 hour high which is creeper high and super nice. This is the kind of weed I was sourcing in Laos

Paraguayan weed was always creeper high, you needed to wait a few minutes to see how strong the 3 tokes you puffed are. I simply cant believe creeper high weed is not the norm and the standard in the canna world
View attachment 18811782
This video is amazing, any similarity between this perique technique and Malawi cob I dont think is coincidental at all

If anybody else found it, please show the way with a lantern and tell the fans where to source it, for me it is never too scary. What is scary is marihuana is not creeper high anymore and it is almost impossible to find

Fermenting modern hybrids carrying indica in the crosses it is a waste of time, material and money

Mr Funky Caballo, I smoked pot from '76-'86 and never again until 9 months ago, I became involved after '86 in meditation and yoga, my earliest guru was a maha-siddha from the Punjab in India and he advised that weed was very very bad for yogic practices he was teaching us, of course other yogic lineages use weed a lot but not this one, essentally you do not need weed to meditate deeply and they were teaching us those techniques, so I did what he asked and completely cut smoking. Maybe thats more than you want to know but, the point is, it became very important to me to not smoke and I stopped cold for decades and I could do it again if that seems the best thin to do. It was more helpful to me to do yoga and meditation than smoke and do psychdelics which I had persued previously for many years so I did that. I have enough confidence now that I can deviate a bit and smoke sometimes and I like growing plants and the relationship with a plant whereby you smoke it, is very fulfilling. You can eat your tomatoes and peppers you grow but its not the same as getting psychic contact with your plants. You can be so close to the spirit of your plants I feel.

Anyway, my wider point is that, I have never smoked anything but creeper weed. Colombians and home grown that was probably Mexican strains that my Dad used to grow and then I moved up to Northern California from Los Angeles to go to university in 1980 just in time to catch all the great sinsemilla that was being grown in Humboldt, absolutely you had to wait for all of those types to see how high you were going to get. Maybe because I have a lot of experience with high doses of acid and mushrooms, intense weed trips are not that scary, but I know what everybody means by scary, that Humboldt weed could make you hallucinate as could some of the Colombian we got, as kids we thought we had gotten dusted with PCP, because the CIA was doing that to kids in the Unted States spreading PCP all over the place, maybe they did that in your country too I don't know, one of my friends was killed after having gotten dusted at a party by accident, I know it was not her intention because she was not much into drugs at all but lots of people in Los Angeles were/are and you get exposed to all of it whether you like it or not, but anyway, she got way too fucked up and ran out of the party into traffic nude and got run over, she was not a crazy person either very smart and wonderful groovy girl actually.

Sorry for the long answer that is just how I speak and think, I refuse to make myself into a slave of the mobile phone and I don't care people don't read or yell at me as some usually eventually do on web forums for writing too much. Sorry If I have annoyed you, I just want to explain my experience well.

Yes, I have got seeds from Laos and Burma from Real Seeds and I am going to pop them later this year. If the grow is succesfull I definitly want to try and cure it in some various ways. This is really interesting to me, thank you so much for telling us about Paraguayan techniques, that is so awesome. I wonder if it is true that fermenting does not work with all strains. I am interested to investigate all of this. Well, I am going to grow some stuff that Angus at Real Seeds says was probably the kind of weed that people used to make Thai sticks with. So maybe I have got the kind that will ferment well. Of course you can still get old school weed that is creeper style. The stuff I smoke now is old school Thai Isaan Squirrel Tail, it is not like Colmbian or some of the new stuff I sampled recently, Alien OG I tried. Really I am a light weight and the Alien OG was said to be 30% THC imported to Thailand from California, it was OK, but I was not that high from it. I thought what the hell is wrong with this stuff it has little power. Tried a few others, the imported weed they sell in the shops here now in Thailand, Wedding Cake, another one I forget what it was. So, no I am sorry the Squirrel Tail is much more enjoyable than Alien OG and the local Isaan seed stuff I grew is even better than that Squirrel Tail I got from a shop and my own weed keeps getting better as it cures. I am an old school Thai weed convert now. I don't even want to waste my time with the candy shop strains these days that is everwhere now, its is sooo expensive too. I don't believe anymore that THC is entirely responsible for how high you get and that is why fermentation is so interesting, it seems there is much more than just THC going on, it is a theory I beleive now that a little bit of fermenting is what made the Thai stick so special in the 60's and 70's. So my plan is to persue this this year.

That Perique video is very interesting too. Tobacco "aged under immense pressure." Perhaps that is what is going on with cob? The cobs I've seen photos of look like they are rolled pretty tight. Perhaps its something to do with cutting off air flow completely. As i recall the guy on this site who explains how to do cob says he simply does it by vaccume sealing his weed and aging it that way, so being in a completely airtight container may be very important then it would seem.

Mr. Horse, or anybody, what do you know about Paraguayan weed? Where does it come from originally? From Colombia or have they always had their own weed down there? It sounds so interesting. What is going on with their bricking process? Cheers!

Last edited:

GrandpaMillenial

Mr Funky Caballo, I smoked pot from '76-'86 and never again until 9 months ago, I became involved after '86 in meditation and yoga, my earliest guru was a maha-siddha from the Punjab in India and he advised that weed was very very bad for yogic practices he was teaching us, of course other yogic lineages use weed a lot but not this one, essentally you do not need weed to meditate deeply and they were teaching us those techniques, so I did what he asked and completely cut smoking. Maybe thats more than you want to know but, the point is, it became very important to me to not smoke and I stopped cold for decades and I could do it again if that seems the best thin to do. It was more helpful to me to do yoga and meditation than smoke and do psychdelics which I had persued previously for many years so I did that. I have enough confidence now that I can deviate a bit and smoke sometimes and I like growing plants and the relationship with a plant whereby you smoke it, is very fulfilling. You can eat your tomatoes and peppers you grow but its not the same as getting psychic contact with your plants. You can be so close to the spirit of your plants I feel.

Anyway, my wider point is that, I have never smoked anything but creeper weed. Colombians and home grown that was probably Mexican strains that my Dad used to grow and then I moved up to Northern California from Los Angeles to go to university in 1980 just in time to catch all the great sinsemilla that was being grown in Humboldt, absolutely you had to wait for all of those types to see how high you were going to get. Maybe because I have a lot of experience with high doses of acid and mushrooms, intense weed trips are not that scary, but I know what everybody means by scary, that Humboldt weed could make you hallucinate as could some of the Colombian we got, as kids we thought we had gotten dusted with PCP, because the CIA was doing that to kids in the Unted States spreading PCP all over the place, maybe they did that in your country too I don't know, one of my friends was killed after having gotten dusted at a party by accident, I know it was not her intention because she was not much into drugs at all but lots of people in Los Angeles were/are and you get exposed to all of it whether you like it or not, but anyway, she got way too fucked up and ran out of the party into traffic nude and got run over, she was not a crazy person either very smart and wonderful groovy girl actually.

Sorry for the long answer that is just how I speak and think, I refuse to make myself into a slave of the mobile phone and I don't care people don't read or yell at me as some usually eventually do on web forums for writing too much. Sorry If I have annoyed you, I just want to explain my experience well.

Yes, I have got seeds from Laos and Burma from Real Seeds and I am going to pop them later this year. If the grow is succesfull I definitly want to try and cure it in some various ways. This is really interesting to me, thank you so much for telling us about Paraguayan techniques, that is so awesome. I wonder if it is true that fermenting does not work with all strains. I am interested to investigate all of this. Well, I am going to grow some stuff that Angus at Real Seeds says was probably the kind of weed that people used to make Thai sticks with. So maybe I have got the kind that will ferment well. Of course you can still get old school weed that is creeper style. The stuff I smoke now is old school Thai Isaan Squirrel Tail, it is not like Colmbian or some of the new stuff I sampled recently, Alien OG I tried. Really I am a light weight and the Alien OG was said to be 30% THC imported to Thailand from California, it was OK, but I was not that high from it. I thought what the hell is wrong with this stuff it has little power. Tried a few others, the imported weed they sell in the shops here now in Thailand, Wedding Cake, another one I forget what it was. So, no I am sorry the Squirrel Tail is much more enjoyable than Alien OG and the local Isaan seed stuff I grew is even better than that Squirrel Tail I got from a shop and my own weed keeps getting better as it cures. I am an old school Thai weed convert now. I don't even want to waste my time with the candy shop strains these days that is everwhere now, its is sooo expensive too. I don't believe anymore that THC is entirely responsible for how high you get and that is why fermentation is so interesting, it seems there is much more than just THC going on, it is a theory I beleive now that a little bit of fermenting is what made the Thai stick so special in the 60's and 70's. So my plan is to persue this this year.

That Perique video is very interesting too. Tobacco "aged under immense pressure." Perhaps that is what is going on with cob? The cobs I've seen photos of look like they are rolled pretty tight. Perhaps its something to do with cutting off air flow completely. As i recall the guy on this site who explains how to do cob says he simply does it by vaccume sealing his weed and aging it that way, so being in a completely airtight container may be very important then it would seem.

Mr. Horse, or anybody, what do you know about Paraguayan weed? Where does it come from originally? From Colombia or have they always had their own weed down there? It sounds so interesting. What is going on with their bricking process? Cheers!

@funkyhorse thanks for the mention.

Ive grown some bag seed from my local detroit area dispensary and some of those hybrids just hit you right between the eyes quick and fast.

@Herbert Chickybaby my thai selection was sourced from Zomia Collective. It is there Squirrel Tail #4 sourced from:

District: Phon Sawan
Province: Sakhon Nakhon
Region: Sakhon Nakhon Basin
Area: Khorat Plateau
Appellation: Thai Mekong Lowlands

It is definitely a creeper, you’ll be smoking her and you feel nothing the quickest I’ve felt the effects was about 3/4 through the joint. you put it down and enjoy the soaring high.

I’m doing my own preservation run now including a female Flo, Blueberry, I just threw down some Feminized Ace Panama also.

Male and two female squirrel tail clones.

9BC656FD-7D0E-49E1-AC9A-2D2B1E088CB0.jpeg

Revegged, recloned Flo.
7E0E84BE-56A6-4AB0-AE04-677634FCC08F.jpeg

Female Blueberry
08BDAE91-E5D6-4B26-B72F-B958E30BF7CF.jpeg

Ace panamas are on the way.

Herbert Chickybaby

@funkyhorse thanks for the mention.

Ive grown some bag seed from my local detroit area dispensary and some of those hybrids just hit you right between the eyes quick and fast.

@Herbert Chickybaby my thai selection was sourced from Zomia Collective. It is there Squirrel Tail #4 sourced from:

District: Phon Sawan
Province: Sakhon Nakhon
Region: Sakhon Nakhon Basin
Area: Khorat Plateau
Appellation: Thai Mekong Lowlands

It is definitely a creeper, you’ll be smoking her and you feel nothing the quickest I’ve felt the effects was about 3/4 through the joint. you put it down and enjoy the soaring high.

I’m doing my own preservation run now including a female Flo, Blueberry, I just threw down some Feminized Ace Panama also.

Male and two female squirrel tail clones.

View attachment 18811912

Revegged, recloned Flo.
View attachment 18811914

Female Blueberry
View attachment 18811913

Ace panamas are on the way.
Yes, my half finished 1/4 ounce of squirrel tail is Phu Phan squirrel and you have to wait for it to pick up steam as well. At the risk of being pedantic I'll mention something that may be of interest, Squirrel tail is just the translation of what Thai/Lao ganja farmers call long bushy colas, so Phu Phan and Phon Sawan squirrel tail are more than likely quite different strains, its kind of like foxtail in English to describe cola structure and also too cola means tail in Spanish, so some kind of animal tail seems to be the way people like to describe how cannabis flowers grow all over the world. Blessings that your Squirrel Tails may become squirrel bushes, I'm going to plant my Lao and Burmese here in Thailand in June and then another planting in September direct in the ground, so I should start prepping my soil soon. Those ACE seeds are very awesome seeming to me too, yeah, the Panamas, the Hondurans, the Golden Tiger, the Zamal-Thai

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway

Man, I want to party with you, Cowboy! I LOL'ed at "it is never too scary", I agree totally. Once you're a seasoned smoker, you kind of know that no matter how high you get, you're always gonna come down. So why not get high AF?

I'm in my Sixties, and I got in on the tail end of the imported weed era. I got to smoke real Thai sticks from Thailand, tons of Redbud, real Jamaican, etc. I saw slabs of hash up in Detroit that looked like a pan of fudge!

I always ask for the scariest Sativa ya got! Of course, it rarely lives up to the days when weed was snuck into the country instead of being grown domestically. Fly On!

GrandpaMillenial

Yes, my half finished 1/4 ounce of squirrel tail is Phu Phan squirrel and you have to wait for it to pick up steam as well. At the risk of being pedantic I'll mention something that may be of interest, Squirrel tail is just the translation of what Thai/Lao ganja farmers call long bushy colas, so Phu Phan and Phon Sawan squirrel tail are more than likely quite different strains, its kind of like foxtail in English to describe cola structure and also too cola means tail in Spanish, so some kind of animal tail seems to be the way people like to describe how cannabis flowers grow all over the world. Blessings that your Squirrel Tails may become squirrel bushes, I'm going to plant my Lao and Burmese here in Thailand in June and then another planting in September direct in the ground, so I should start prepping my soil soon. Those ACE seeds are very awesome seeming to me too, yeah, the Panamas, the Hondurans, the Golden Tiger, the Zamal-Thai

Yeah, ive heard that about “Hang Kra Rok” just describing the flower structure. Then you have each farmer maintaining his own lines. Do you have a grow log going?, Ive been following some thai growers via instagram.

acespicoli

Hi there

View attachment 18811782

nice to know the creeper is still around , gratitude for sharing the interesting picture
there was a discussion in another thread about creeper type highs and the associated strains
worth a revisit now that its come up again, something that should be cataloged

The feeling of falling and not being able to stay conscious, the impending doom of anxiety, pale face, sweating , every buzz should creep and start like that a roller coaster ride haha ?

Im sure some still agree
Even back in the day it wasnt for everyone
Always the sativa up buzz was my first choice
Not for the faint of heart ? :eek:
:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Old Piney

So I'm following this thread and sometimes I wonder why. I don't grow inside or greenhouse and am in New Jersey at 40 degrees north. I have 2 packs of freebie seeds form TRSC , ex-stock Bokeo and Highland Lou #2. what to do it's killing me, damn you Angus lol. I have a few thoughts. 1- brake down and grow indoors under lights. Other than using fluorescents for mother plants , cuttings and rejuvenating I have no experience. This is my least favored option, not into techie things .2 -Use a small greenhouse or hoop house to extend the season.I’m afraid that there just won't be enough daylight when they finish. 3- I'm contemplating constructing an automated structure to shorten the daylight in the early summer to fall. Any thoughts ,advice or experience?

Herbert Chickybaby

Yeah, ive heard that about “Hang Kra Rok” just describing the flower structure. Then you have each farmer maintaining his own lines. Do you have a grow log going?, Ive been following some thai growers via instagram.
No not yet, I don't have a grow log. I'm not going to plant anything till June. To be honest I can't be bothered, but I will post pictures at certain stages that I think will be nice to see for you guys if all goes well. I keep private notes but no one could understand those. But I love to see everybody's plants here so the least I can do is return the favor, but it won't be planting anything till later this year. I've only got some autoflowers going right now, but I'm just doing that for lack of anything else to do till the prime seasons arrive here. They are quite fun, but I am not a big fan of the new strains which is what they are. I love old school Colombians and I love the old Thai and Lao strains. I am considering getting Ace's Zamal Auto soon though, that looks like a diffferent class. I'm just a noobie actually, but I am in prime ganja territory so why not start planting stuff that is rom here especially wen it such legend as Thai and I am already seeing how awesome Thai weed is. I have decided to convert from Honorary White Boy of Our Holy Cholo Mother's Church of L.S.D. Catholicism to the Church of Lao Weed Bumbfuck, Bumfuck, Dont Understand Talking Mushroom, Northeast Lao Thailand so stay tuned, I'm not going nowhere.

GrandpaMillenial

No not yet, I don't have a grow log. I'm not going to plant anything till June. To be honest I can't be bothered, but I will post pictures at certain stages that I think will be nice to see for you guys if all goes well. I keep private notes but no one could understand those. But I love to see everybody's plants here so the least I can do is return the favor, but it won't be planting anything till later this year. I've only got some autoflowers going right now, but I'm just doing that for lack of anything else to do till the prime seasons arrive here. They are quite fun, but I am not a big fan of the new strains which is what they are. I love old school Colombians and I love the old Thai and Lao strains. I am considering getting Ace's Zamal Auto soon though, that looks like a diffferent class. I'm just a noobie actually, but I am in prime ganja territory so why not start planting stuff that is rom here especially wen it such legend as Thai and I am already seeing how awesome Thai weed is. I have decided to convert from Honorary White Boy of Our Holy Cholo Mother's Church of L.S.D. Catholicism to the Church of Lao Weed Bumbfuck, Bumfuck, Dont Understand Talking Mushroom, Northeast Lao Thailand so stay tuned, I'm not going nowhere.

Well I hope to see it!

There are some guys in Thailand crossing squirrel tails with some US genetics that look pretty interesting also.

4C44A38E-13D6-4944-A727-5637C35FEC95.jpeg

Im not really posting pics of my seed run, but I’ll have some Cambodians from Kiri Vong up soon!

zaprjaques

Yes ,You read my mind, that is my ultimate goal. I'm a bit hung up on first properly growing the Lau to produce a seed crop and yes pollen for the Beldia girls. The Beldia is semi-auto a the F1’s will definitely mature on time
there's also the option of making a very few seeds in veg, and it might give you a bit of a head start to put clones of sexually mature plants outside but you probably already know that.

i would like to give the plants from seed a nice long veg in very small pots, and weed out the ones that go intersex.

Hmong

Veteran
looks great man , probably closer to the one i selected as a keeper as it looks like i t could go golden too like mine did ...
that one was the frostiest Laos

this one is the biggest, it should be related to your monster pheno from the greenhouse.
tent is a 3.5ft, so imagine the hustle taming that thing in there

Laos #7 @fd116 (16.5wk)
full

full

full

now is the time when I should start taking them proper, but its hard for me to kill em having such nice photo models.
especially those with the fat colas, just a delight to look at and study since it's such a rare scene. Set myself a deadline of 17 weeks to get off my ass and wrap this one up.
would love to go longer, but the mites don't allow for experiments, too long and they could ruin the whole harvest once taking over.

could have done a better job with bigger pots and giving even more attention
but overall the fading is really nice this way round, no excess nutes to deal with at least.
just a little dull in total terpenes due to very dry air during the grow.

Last edited:

Old Piney

there's also the option of making a very few seeds in veg
I haven't thought of exactly that .another option ,just to make a lot of hybrid seeds is just get a lao male to flower under my fluorescents and pollinate the Beldia outside. I can do what you said with the lao females for a few lao seeds .Should I start the lao with 11 hours of light and how many weeks to flower approx , about six? I really want to do a proper lao grow but I don't want to set up inside but ill start with this and maybe I'll wing it somehow with daylight restriction. I'm curious to see how many hours of daylight the lao will tolerate without vegging.

olday

Veteran
that one was the frostiest Laos

this one is the biggest, it should be related to your monster pheno from the greenhouse.
tent is a 3.5ft, so imagine the hustle taming that thing in there

Laos #7 @fd116 (16.5wk)
full

full

full

now is the time when I should start taking them proper, but its hard for me to kill em having such nice photo models.
especially those with the fat colas, just a delight to look at and study since it's such a rare scene. Set myself a deadline of 17 weeks to get off my ass and wrap this one up.
You grew that in a 3.5’ tent?!? That is pretty fantastic in its own right.

Hmong

Veteran
You grew that in a 3.5’ tent?!? That is pretty fantastic in its own right.

can't believe it either, somehow I managed to fit 11 plants of that type :ninja:
first time i went multidimensional with training, no net, just sticks, wire and strings.
had to make em grow in space instead of just vertical.
That one went around 2 corners actually^^
full

today down to 5 and ready to clean house, but I have a hard time killing them after so long.
full

full

full

Last edited: