What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Video games?

KillerDemo

console games : silent hill series and resident evil series

pc games : diablo 2,starcraft,halflife 2, TFC, DoD,

Honkytonk

no one else into bio shock?

I played BioShock 1 + 2 on PC.
1 was very 'novel' and I liked it very much.
2 is kinda like replaying 1 just that this time you're a Big Daddy. Was disappointing, not many new feats. Could have as well just played 1 again. Technically, though, 2 is brilliant work.

Just taking a break from the new Aliens vs Predator. Been through Alien and Predator campaign will finish Marine's last mission in a bit.
It's been heartpounding fun. Don't smoke and play this if you're prone to noias! :D

P

PastorJ

I played BioShock 1 + 2 on PC.
1 was very 'novel' and I liked it very much.
2 is kinda like replaying 1 just that this time you're a Big Daddy. Was disappointing, not many new feats. Could have as well just played 1 again. Technically, though, 2 is brilliant work.

Just taking a break from the new Aliens vs Predator. Been through Alien and Predator campaign will finish Marine's last mission in a bit.
It's been heartpounding fun. Don't smoke and play this if you're prone to noias! :D
Cool another Bio Shock fan! :thank you: for the info on BIO 2 im not too far into it yet. I just bought the new Teken 6. How is AVP?? I saw that & I was intrested.

Honkytonk

AvP is an excellent suspense ride.
Impressive graphics, superb soundtrack and fx.
Very immersive gameplay. I actually jumped in my chair a couple of times during the marine's missions.

There were issues with the game engine, though.
Many folks complain that the game stalls and sometimes freezes for a couple of seconds.
I also experienced that.
There seems to be a problem when the player turns around fast, a motion blur effect sets in and stalls the game.
I had to set 'texture level' to normal in my video settings even though my system should be able to handle very high.
Nonetheless the game looked very good.

Playing the Alien was very much fun. Although I had the impression that the Alien campaign is the shortest of the 3.

I didn't pay attention to total game time but it should be ~8h if you don't play easy mode.

P

PastorJ

Very immersive gameplay. I actually jumped in my chair a couple of times during the marine's missions.

Many folks complain that the game stalls and sometimes freezes for a couple of seconds.
I also experienced that.
There seems to be a problem when the player turns around fast, a motion blur effect sets in and stalls the game.
I had to set 'texture level' to normal in my video settings even though my system should be able to handle very high.

Playing the Alien was very much fun. Although I had the impression that the Alien campaign is the shortest of the 3.

I didn't pay attention to total game time but it should be ~8h if you don't play easy mode.
Thanks friend Very informative. Might have ta pick this one up myself.:tiphat:

K

Kain1

Computer:
1.FarCry
2.Bad Company 2
3.Fallout 3
4. Mass Effect 1-2
Console Games:
All Final Fantasy!!

Justin_Credible

Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary....
Veteran
Wheres the Hobbie/Interests topic for video games? I know theres gotta be people out here that play...at least I hope there is. I own a 360, i mostly play RPG's, but i share it with my boyfriend (hes playing borderlands and CODMW2). Who else plays and what do you play?

I'm a ps3 fan-boy. I love the god of war series! Can't wait to get part three. Drakes uncharted is the best looking vid game I ever played. My gf sometimes watches me play it and says it is almost like watching a movie!

Justin_Credible

Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary....
Veteran

I also experienced that.

Pretty looking huh? Is that just an online game? Or do they have a campaign mode? I dl'd the demo and found I could only play online, thats why I ask.

Modern warfare 2 (stimulus package just came out "add on")
BattleField Bad company 2
Tekken 6
Swat 4
Warcraft
as stated that silent hill series was nuts also RE was also nice

C

CANNATOPIA

I have a few Gaming questions dealing with Broadband Wireless Air Cards.
I have a 80 gig ps3. I want to go on line with It but I need to have broadband speeds & advice on what runs best. Where I live they have no cable so thats not an option. Its either satellite or an air card which means either an Ethernet cable or wireless router to hook up. Which air card is recommended or who uses an air card for gaming on line? How do they work? any advice is appreciated. TY

i work for TW cable this is how u break down bandwidth

take every MegaByte they offer u and count it as a 1000 kbps
next divide that number by 8

so if u get 16mb connection package take 16000 divide by 8 and u get a 2MB/per sec stable download speed (max) same goes with upload speeds see who has best offer for the dollar and read up myself id rather go satelite is the way to go in your case always go hardwired when gaming wifi cards are limited unless u get a N rated router

our turbo edition : ive hit 3MBps downloads stable and hit uploads of 120 - 150kbps which is good for upload for a cable connection