What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guawi

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Great sativas those Guawis-growing mad,didnt have luck this year: only female was devasteted by storm other two were males I took pics anyway:
:wave:

Sorry to hear it konopenko, have you got more seeds to grow?

konopenko

Veteran
Thanks for concern dubi, I still have dosen of them, thanks again for those Guawi/Tikal freebies! Will try to grow them again in winter time.
Regards

el gordo

one very nice expression here dubi! the one that smells more woody-peppery-cedar have very big calyxes, and the biggest resin gland heads of this year... don't know if it's a keeper... but got some cuttings backed up until the smoke test...
peace!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
one very nice expression here dubi! the one that smells more woody-peppery-cedar have very big calyxes, and the biggest resin gland heads of this year... don't know if it's a keeper... but got some cuttings backed up until the smoke test...
peace!

Great to hear it el gordo :)

Sounds like she's showing the trichome malawi style maybe with some guatemala influence in the aroma, hope you find it interesting after a good drying and curing, please let us know and enjoy it!

WokkaWokka!

Hello to you guys @ ACE !

I want to add Guawi to my collection and I want to know where the freshest seed stock is at. I have found some places online selling '2007 crop' guawi seeds at a discount for half of what they are at other places. Is all currently available Guawi from the last breeding in 2007 or is there newer stock available?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hello to you guys @ ACE !

I want to add Guawi to my collection and I want to know where the freshest seed stock is at. I have found some places online selling '2007 crop' guawi seeds at a discount for half of what they are at other places. Is all currently available Guawi from the last breeding in 2007 or is there newer stock available?

Welcome WokkaWokka!

Standard guawi version was released around 2007 so the stock is a little bit old. The new fem version was reproduced late 2008 and is quite fresh. Hope it helps.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For what it's worth, WokkaWokka, I recently had 5/5 germ rates on a pk I bought last yr. as a weekend special. :D:yes:

el gordo

a couple of guawi pics for you all, it has been cut today...resiny lady with compact and generous buds for such a sativa with a very nice cerdar odour with some burnt rubber and oily undertones, as you can see the calyxes are very big and resinous... smoke report coming soon...
picture.php

picture.php

have another pheno not pictured that will be a bit slower without the cedar odour and a dark lemony-oily scent... report coming as i chop it...
Saludos! :joint:

el gordo

yessir, here we go... it's a very nice sativa smoke, with a lemony-cedary-oily flavour, abit more relaxed and dreamy than the angolesexthai but with no body stone at all...as a sativa lover i can only say that it's one of the best weed that i've smoked this year, not as tasty as most of the other indi/sat hybrids i've grown, but definately with a more intense a fun high than anything this year, except the angola x thai

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
yessir, here we go... it's a very nice sativa smoke, with a lemony-cedary-oily flavour, abit more relaxed and dreamy than the angolesexthai but with no body stone at all...as a sativa lover i can only say that it's one of the best weed that i've smoked this year, not as tasty as most of the other indi/sat hybrids i've grown, but definately with a more intense a fun high than anything this year, except the angola x thai

Thanks gordo for the feedback,

Pure sativa hybrids maybe are not so tasty like commoun commercial sativa/indica hybrids but sativa lovers truely apreciate this kind of aromas and especially the effect, guawi's and angolese x thai kind of effect is rare to be found in today's commercial hybrids. Im glad you are enjoying them!

el gordo

hola dubi thnx to chime in, just one thing that i've just remembered about guawi's high is that if i 've smoked only one joint, as somebody else described here had a roller coaster type of highthat started quite speedy but left you relaxed and dremay in the comedown, just smoked another before this happened to keep me going...:smokey:

PS: thanks to you and the ACE crew to have gifted us with this epic highs,

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Every time I feel the urge to post, I look @ the couple of shots of Guawi in el gordo's album, and feel humbled by the health and vigor of his specimens.
This grow has been a bit of an ordeal for me for a variety of reasons, but I try & learn from such experiences! :smoke:

My plants were vegged in "beer cups" for 2 months and experienced all the pitfalls of such a small rootzone. :redface:
Plants were vegged in a hydrohut as well as the 1st 50 days of flower, and I slowly became convinced that the tent was off-gassing.
Tent was purchased when reports of this issue 1st came to light, but I think it's age, and running temps @ a higher degree, really made this problem surface. It is supposed to affect roots as well as leaves. :dunno:
This, coupled w/ the fact that I've had PM in my garden the last yr. has really hindered growth on these plants.
These plants were getting weekly "preventative" spraying, but by wk 4, when the buds were really starting to kick in, I couldn't bring myself to spray again, knowing the spray will brown out pistils and retard growth.
By wk 6 the PM was showing itself. The Guawi's have been affected the most, but have seen it on the 'Golden Tigers' too. Spraying has continued again. You can see some flaky stuff on some leaves, this is dried skim milk! Yuck! I'm back to using 'Green Cure', but everything I've tried has the same result in retarding growth.
I still have 1/2 pks of both Guawi & Golden Tiger left, and this grow will give me a proper taste of both, + all plants were lightly seeded w/ Apollo 11 pollen to assure a return to these genetics. ;)

Now that i've gotten my excuses out of the way, here's two of my three girls. :D

Guawi #1
picture.php

To me, a classic example of the strain. Leggier than the other two, she was kept in her 3.4L pot, whereas the other two were transplanted 3-4 wks into flower.

Guawi #2
picture.php

This one is my fav, just a little healthier & beefier than #1. :)

picture.php

Thx for taking a look! :wave:

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
i heard straw used as mulch works really well to combat pm, but not sure how it would work on cannabis

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks gordo and highlighter for the feedback :)

Malawi genetics inside guawi and golden tiger are quite sensitive against PM, we recommend spray them with sulphur in polm form before pass them to flower!

S

sativagrower87

Highlighter great plants!:respect: hope you enjoy them:dance:

dubi, now guawi available in feminized form just wondering any plans to release this baby in regular form.

p.s. strange, so interesting strain with such a unique genetics and so little activity in this thread:dunno: i think i`ll grow this one someday. now unfortunately i can`t grow for some personal issues:badday:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Highlighter great plants!:respect: hope you enjoy them:dance:

dubi, now guawi available in feminized form just wondering any plans to release this baby in regular form.

p.s. strange, so interesting strain with such a unique genetics and so little activity in this thread:dunno: i think i`ll grow this one someday. now unfortunately i can`t grow for some personal issues:badday:

Welcome sativagrower87,

Guawi standard will probably be back around late 2010. It's only available in fem format right now.

camacho31

guawi in he south of spain.

she is different .in flavours and touch.i prefer my cofee and my guawi before see a new day starts
big thanks to fuyu ,who gave me the seeds and ace for his fresh works

good karma

1000ARMSofKALI

nice guawi, enjoy your morning joint hehe camacho31! thx for sharing man!

it has interesting flower structure, open and not so dense...which is nice trait for greenhouse...

kali

Ise

Are the regular guawi seeds on cannabiogen.com from 2007 stock, if so have germ tests been done recently? I'd like a pack for my first 100% sativa grow. I have done my research all day long & it came down to destroyer & guawi. Needless to say I want the guawi.

p.s. any chance of a killer malawi x pakistan chitral kush cross in the future? Would be awesome.