What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My 6 Girls

rocker

Cool beans, thanks! :woohoo: I can do that, and sort of what I envisioned but could not think of right material, I thought PVC would be too large but not with the proper pot size. I think you could put the vertical post in when you first add soil, then connect into the 45's when it gets closer to the screen.

How do you go about watering once the canopy gets filled in?

I don't think the growth is at top pace yet, I let them get fairly dry before watering but now in flower, thinking I should up that some too, I have just been fearful of over watering, that's why I go a few days between watering. Speaking of water, I am only adding a Black Magic bloom boost, keeping it simple but should I be considering other additives?

Yo Rocker,

Thanks for the updated pics. They are coming along nicely. As far as watering your right on pace with the 3 day mark. You will definitely notice them feeding more as you get into the 4 to 6 week window so pay attention to that. As far as additives man you will hear everyone tell you this and that but like you, I like to keep it simple. As long as you are adding a bloom fert it will have all the nutes you need. I suppose you could add some molasses but it's not necessary. I have tried it in the past and imho didn't notice a difference in the terpene profile. You might look into Recharge. It isn't a nutrient but helps the microbial life in your soil thrive which in return aid your ladies in their nutrient uptake. I use it and I actually notice a difference. I think companies hype all sorts of shit up just to take your money. Botton line the majority of getting a fine quality end product lies in three things first, imo the most important is the genetics. Second, their environment (temps, humidity, light etc...) and third and very important is the correct time to harvest and the drying and curing process. This is probably where a lot of newer growers miss the mark. They harvest to soon or to late. There is a fine window of the perfect time that you want to cut em down. Make sure you have a scope to look at your trichomes. You want to dry your harvest before placing your fruits in mason jars. This usually is anywhere from 7 to 10 days and you want to pay close attention to the humidity levels keeping it around 60-65% this is the sweet zone. This is for both drying and while they are in mason jars. You can purchase small humidity readers to place inside the jars if you really want to get dialed in. Just don't overpack the jars and it's usually a good idea to open the lids once a day just for a few seconds is all it takes and give the jars a light shake making sure the fruits aren't sticking to one another. Just a few pointers to keep in mind.

Peace man!

rocker

Thanks Trace, I do recall from my last time growing, finding the cure to be so stressful, just getting a smooth good tasting smoke, the little humidity readers look like the way to go, I have been reading up for the next step and am excited. Always appreciate the words of wisdom, it's really cool to have a place to go over techniques and methods. I may look into the recharge, I agree about the products for sale, my other hobby, salt water aquariums is a lot like that, we call em snake oils salesman, add this for perfect water, ya right, more to it than that.

I am already thinking about the next run, you mentioned genetics and absolutely a key. Have you ever grown Auto's? I have some feminized ACE auto's, Malawi x northern lights. Thinking something with a shorter flower will be in order and fill in the selection on the shelf, I also have a Nirvan NL single seed from years ago and some gorilla Glue from a local dispensary, a little Indica Hybrid grow. But i am really interested in the Feminized auto from Ace, very intriguing to me.

Dnny

Rocker

Your grow looks great bud. I will definitely be following this grow from here on out. Looking forward to see that jack and green crack in action.

Have you ever grown Auto's?

YW bro! Man, I have never tried my hand at autos but sure wouldn't mind trying. Insane yields in half the time. Have to run the lights longer hittin the electric bill but the growth cycle is 1/2 so I suppose its a wash. Sounds like you got some good beans to crop up a nice salad :) Yeah, I'd drop them autos down and give it a ride. I just ordered a small tent 24"x24"x36" for veg... gonna get the White Widows going. T5 set up. Get them ready to go into the flower tent by the time I harvest my current study. Try to get a every 2 months perpetual harvest rollin.....

Peace

rocker

I think I will go for the Auto's, here is the link - https://www.aceseeds.org/en/automalawinlfem.html
Then another strain to fill in the tent. I think I will only do 4 or 5 and not 6 in the 3x3, I am building a veg space in my attic, will be ok till summer when the heat picks up.If I can get a couple harvest in, I can shut down for a while, then pick up again next fall is the plan. I had some WW from a friend last summer and he did a nice job, made me want to grow it too. I am like a kid in a candy store, can't make up my mind, so many choices to choose from.

I am like a kid in a candy store, can't make up my mind, so many choices to choose from.

No kidding on that. Do you ever wonder if the beans you order for any given strain are actually that strain. Sometimes I wonder. I mean how do you really know. I am not trying to bash the breeding industry but I wish I had a bullet proof way of knowing. I have always ordered my genetics from Growshopalien.com and never had any issues. The smoke was always great but I never have had a certainty or feeling that what I ordered was actually what I ordered. You feel me on that. I guess you just have to put your trust in the company you order from.. Good to hear that you are rollin with the autos. That will be a great study. I will check out that link! Make it a great weekend my friend!

Lata

rocker

So funny you wonder about the strain, and the genetics. I was thinking, use my seeds and then you know what your growing. I got these 6 clones from strainbank.org, and they are healthy and fine. The reason I was wondering this is I was looking at my one Jack that is shorter than all the rest, leaves are a bit thicker than the others, seems more Indica that Sativa from the type of growth, so that had me wondering how do I know it is what they say it is really?

Anyway, I am on day 26 of flower today, they all looked happy and perky this AM when I said hi before leaving for work, maybe a hint of burn on one of the SLH so I'll keep an eye on her, I keep adding a 1/2 TSP per gallon more to BB at watering, everyone is looking healthy.

Have a chill week-end my friend
rasta.gif

I keep adding a 1/2 TSP per gallon more to BB at watering, everyone is looking healthy.

Just make sure you don't over do it my friend. You know you are pushing them to their limits when just the very tip of the leaves show just a smidge of burn. If you can mimic that then that is your max feeding reference. Your doing it right buddy!

Rock on :headbange

Rodehazrd

Hey Rocker
Nice work there looking like a pro. I think Ace will make you happy at least I liked all I got there. I have popped a few auto's I got as freebies and found them easy enough to grow. I read you should not repot much just start in a big pot but I treated mine like regs and had no issues that I noticed. I want to run some outside next year for an early crop. I saw Hoipare post some of his finishing up in July looking killer. Keep up the good work:tiphat:

Fiddynut

Greetings rocker.

I had a really good auto flower run indoors a couple years ago. They are fun to grow indoors or out. I ran a few types of afterthought autos and pulled a nice harvest in a short time. I've had more mixed results with them outdoors, probably because of insect pressure and lack of direct light.
I second what rode said about starting in the same pot that you want to finish with. There is no time to transplant and nurse them back to health. I had like 7 plants in my 3x3 tent in 10' pots under my 600w running 18/6.

rocker

How time Flies

How time Flies

Been away, I got super busy at work and plus we worked up to the election on GOTV efforts, guess how I lean, LOL. And then my wife and I went out of town a few days for some much needed R&R.

I was a bit neglectful before I left as I did not want to over water but let them get really dry a couple days before I left town, I gave them a little to perk up but not a ton, but the day I left I gave them all a deep soaking first thing right at lights on in the morning, I returned 5 days later to limp plants again, but soaked em good again and and they perked up in less than an hour, PHEW.
Now I am back and not going anywhere, just need to navigate the smells that are not turkey on Thanksgiving when we have family and friends over. Even though no one would be surprised or care about my hobby, I still live by the old rules of, Never Tell, Never Smell and Never Sell.
So with that in mind, I tied up the Super Lemon Haze this morning, not because they are too tall, but because they can't stand up straight. The Jack Herer's are doing fine and the Green Crack looks great, but is much shorter than the others, even it's sister is almost twice the height. Is that just different Pheno's, could one be more indica than the other, or could there be other causes? In fact they all seem a bit short for Sativa's, only the SLH is somewhat tall, could this be too much Bloom Boost? I have super dark green leaves and a kind of waxy look on a couple leaves on a few of the girls. I plan on using straight water the next time I water, and I also pulled back the amount of BB I used over the weekend. So with out further delay here are some updated pictures, the thirsty one, is before I went out of town, but they looked similar upon my return. The close up is the short little Green Crack, I love the sugar coating it is displaying. I will get pictures with out the grow lights next time around, when time allows.
From R-L, Dry at day 40, yikes, Happy this morning(day 42), lifted and tied Super Lemon Haze, close up of the short Green Crack, or should I go back to the Green Cush name?

Cantharellus

The reason they are short is back on page three. The roots had not filled the pots when you flipped them. Plants don't really take off like they should when you do that.

rocker

The reason they are short is back on page three. The roots had not filled the pots when you flipped them. Plants don't really take off like they should when you do that.

Thanks for the reminder, I do recall now you mentioning that, and I see that is the norm, unless you run auto's, they seem to be the only ones that don't need to graduate up as they fill each container.

Thanks for the reminder, I won't repeat that mistake again. I will be Ok with this harvest no matter how it weighs out, been a decade since my last grow and I had forgotten so much and so much more information to learn from as well.

The close up is the short little Green Crack, I love the sugar coating it is displaying. [/URL]

Indeed the crystals are looking scrumptious! They do seem to be a bit small for day 40. I definitely am not knocking it brother. Maybe it's the Sativa strain characteristics. Idk as I have only grown Indica dominant strains for my insomnia. Leaving my girls for 5 days would be nerve racking lol...I woke up this morning and all of the girls were drooping badly and in need of a drink. I pushed em a little to much between waterings this time. I went 4 days. I usually just let them tell me when they need a drink. Crazy thing is last night before I hit the sack they all were looking great with just a little droop. I guess between the time I went to bed and woke up before the lights went off they sucked all the water dry. I will just make it a point to just water every 3 days. I am not sure if letting them go thirsty like that puts stress on them or not. Anyways, I will be following your study through the home stretch. Looking good!

Peace

My study. Night Queen,White Gold and the unknown!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=356436

I

i0dineAlf

Everything looks very nice!
Can’t wait to see the final buds.

Regarding watering and scrogs...

I don’t have any good advice except...
Leave plenty of room to work around your plants.

My scrog filled up the 5x10 completely which turned out to be a huge mistake.

Can’t tend to the back plants, buds back there are getting smashed, and have to get under the scrog to water.

Is that super lemon haze from greenhouse ?

Everyone hates on them but I’ve never seen a bad review for their SLH. Hope you get a killer pheno.

Enjoying your show. :lurk:

rocker

My experience is you want the roots to fill the pot they are growing in before you flip. Plants trying to expand there root system and flower at the same time just never seem to take off for me. So I don't think you are going to have a problem with those but we will see

So I think this very well may be a factor, but another thing I have going against me is hot soil and maybe being a bit too generous on the Bloom Booster. I have noticed waxy leaves, clawed leaves and some tip burn on pretty much all three strains. I staked up some of the colas that were leaning over from weight and was able to look at all the plants up closely, I removed them all from the tent and gave them a straight shot of Ph'd water, and they looked better last night and again this morning. With the Santa Ana winds blowing my humidity has been at 16% the last 2 days, so I know they will be thirsty again soon, and it's more straight water till, I don't have the claw, burn or waxy look. I will then add bloom Boost again, I may want to change up and try Pure Blend Pro by Botanicare.

So this leads to my soil, I am using the Black Magic soil from Home Depot, I bought this because I got my clones 2 days before I expected on a Sunday and HD was the only place open, I should of and could have waited to a day but newbie mistake. So I am riding it out, and also used there Bloom Boost, figured they should compliment each other. Live and learn, actually it would have been ok, I just was to aggressive with the BB when I began to flower. I may lose some weight in the end, but everything looks great, and I will be happy to get this harvest under my belt. I was checking Trichomes in the Loup last night and all are gin clear still, so I am hoping I will have time to dial it in, make them happy before the final flush before chopping.

Traceofvenom and iOdineAlf - Thanks for checking back in, I am going to try and be more on it and get some pics out of the tent with better lighting as we finish up.

Cheers - Rocker

rocker

Day 50 and still rocking

Day 50 and still rocking

So heading down the final days, things are Ok, I know they could be better but for a first grow in many years and doing soil for the first time, ever doing it well, Bag seed in the 70's and 80's on the side of my house doesn't count for much in retrospect.
So here we are at Day 50, A group shot and an individual of Super Lemon Haze, plant1

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts