What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica in the bushes by the Danube

yoss33

Veteran
Thanks for the nice words, guys!
Curious as I am, the last few days I tried on a few occasions quickly dried "buds" from Zam#3. Both microwaved and normally dried. Good potency even at this early stage. The effect is a bit surprising for me - it's not so focused, cold and stimulating (Zamaldelica average), but is more dreamy and emotional, like American sativa (Haze/Colombian), rather than an African one. Very nice clarity and mental stimulation. Was a bit emotionally edgy, in an exhilarating way.
Let's see how the effect develops with flower maturation.

Dog Star

Veteran
Glad they grow further and made you happy,looks also like you have some faster pheno..
i know mine was look wispy even in November.. i guess that pheno was finished in January..

Wish you sucessfull harvest before too much cold days hit your area,now when
i sees your plants think you will suceed to finish her..

Kind regards Yoss

yoss33

Veteran
The effect is deep and complex, positive emotionally, sometimes it feels very clean and expansive, and then an overwhelming dreamy wave comes for a while and goes. There's some heaviness and dirtiness (confusion) in the beginning after smoking, but these are barely dried buds and I guess cured buds won't have this rough beginning.
Very smooth smoke and thick sweet and sour aftertaste, quite refined for an African sativa, or is this the Thai in it?

yoss33

Veteran
The weekly update:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And a zoomed-in part of the same shot showing the dense frost. The trichomes are not big but very dense and together with the long pistils give a "white" look to the buds.
picture.php

Unfortunately, the warm dry sunny weather will continue only for a few more days, and colder humid weather comes with forecasts for morning frosts after a week.

Koondense

Veteran
Until now I never thought there could be so much beauty concentrated in one forum post. Those autumn colors.
Amazing Zamaldelica Yoss! :woohoo:

deepwaterdude

I second Koondense's emotion; I do not remember seeing a more beautiful plant either in its totality or close up. Awesome in the original sense of the word.

yoss33

Veteran
Thanks for the compliments, guys, I'll send them to the Zam :) I'd say Zamaldelica with its vigour and strong branches is made to be grown big, it's not that the soil at that particular spot is especially fertile, perhaps the same as what everyone in temperate continental climate would call fertile soil. The spot, though, has about 40L of worm castings added in the last 3 years ;) I'm sure this plant would grow even bigger if I watered more (and larger area).
I'm still watering and there's no forecasted worsening of the weather, there was a very windy day with a cold frosty morning, both of which handled by the plant w/o problems (only some burned pistil tips).
Zamaldelica usually has rigid stems, but this particular plant has flexible upper parts of the branches (a-la Haze), which are now bending in all directions (mostly to the south) under their own weight. Yield looks more and more promising.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

therevverend

Veteran
When I think of Central Europe I picture cold winters I guess it must still be fall there. With the continental climate it seems similar to the inland areas in the Western United states, fall is beautiful with sunny days and warmish weather but once the cold snaps it snaps hard.

I still wouldn't have guessed a strain like Zamaldelica would do so well. You're not to the finish line yet but you're close. Looks like it should have great mold resistance I'm guessing as the days shorten it gets foggy especially with the Danube nearby.

I've read the horror story 'The Willows' by Algernon Blackwood which takes place in the Dunajské luhy Protected Landscape Area along the Danube. I realize what a great place it would be to grow ganja.

I know Zamaldelica can get big but what a monster. Good to see this side of narrow leaf cannabis strains there's a benefit to the late finishing time. It gives the plant a long time to grow and get huge. Good to see you kept her properly fed. You've got a big trim job ahead.

Do you think your hemp hybrids will be worth trying out? I'd think most of them would be fairly worthless but if you can get an offspring that has the three good traits in one. High THC, large size, and early finish, you might have something worth breeding with.

Dog Star

Veteran
Usually weather goes bad here in these time of year.... but this year we haved one cold
and now is good climate.. like more hot than average and i looked they predict
more great days with sun in next two weeks...

now am definitly sure you will suceed to finish them with good sized bud..

congrats Yoss... this year looks perfect for a quest..

Hi when zamal pheno starting flo in ur latitude ? Others finish against bed weather ? J am bit far north in central Europe but j hope zamal pheno should finish

SolarLogos

Beautiful plant! Who needs a handheld microscope when you can take that kind of picture of the crystals. I need to spend more time with my camera and become more familiar with the different lenses so I can hopefully take pictures as well as you do! Very, very nicely done, both the growing and the pictures. Thanks for posting a centerfold shot of her goodies!
Peace, God bless

yoss33

Veteran
Hi guys!
I've been smoking extensively samples of Zam#3 and the later the sample is harvested, the calmer the effect is. Very nice pleasant clean but dreamy high, but the last samples are getting too calm (at least barely dried as I try them), so I decided to harvest most of the plant, left only a few small branches going. The plant is in the peak of the flowering smell, ripe mango, melon, pineapple. A new wave of flowers burst and all the buds look all white and immature. Yet I decided to harvest, because I don't want to miss all of the adrenaline rush.
The few left branches will have the chance to enjoy some more dry weather, there are no rains in the forecasts, only a drop in temperatures, so morning frosts are possible after a week. Due to the dry weather, there still are no fogs in the plain, only right next to the river, but my garden is some 30 kilometers away from it, so it's still all sunshine.

therevverend, me and my friends have tried a lot of ganja x hemp hybrids in the past, and while some of them were good (interesting though not the most potent effect), I don't think it's worth the search unless you want auto-flowering genes. I personally don't need early flowering plants because they'll get pollinated (and spoiled) by the hemp around.

Some photos of Zam#3 right before harvest:

The branches are a mess but no branch broke during the whole season, I like that!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php