What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama x Malawi - limited edition

bluesat

Beautiful flowers bluesat :dance013: They look perfect for chop chop from here!

Thanks for giving a try to the regular version of this limited edition, we have enjoyed several reports of the fem version, it's great to see the regular one doing so well!
Congrats on the harvest :tiphat:

thank you! is the fem version ever returning? I’m very happy with the regular though because I absolutely love this smoke.

I only popped two seeds and got one male, which I still am keeping a clone of for when I grow out the rest of the pack. The female was simple to grow. easy to control the stretch with a smaller pot but when I flowered a clone in a larger pot it did get tall but still manageable. I couldn’t believe how fast it finished under 11/13. I really liked the look of the plant with the leaves changing color. The buds are wonderful. Very resinous and solid but at the same time fluffy not dense. If you squeeze it it’s not hard, it squishes but it’s super sticky. The smell of the buds is fantastic. Initially a powerful very nice lemon floral smell that’s now become more complicated and less obviously lemon.

The quality of this high is off the charts for me and the potency is very good too. I can smoke this all day it’s so nice. it’s very cerebral but without any anxiety whatsoever. It’s not a motivational or energetic smoke, it’s not especially warm or social, and it’s not trippy but it helps your mood and is very conducive for creativity and just fixes your brain. The high is so pleasant. It goes incredibly well with hiking and people watching and nature and the daytime and music and thinking. it has a nice potency too and the high lasts a long time if you let it. Smoking more gets you higher, which is always a good sign. There is a comedown, especially if you smoke a lot. I will say it required time before the high coalesced; testers and even buds early during the curing had a weak seeming buzz, even more than most plants but it just needed some time.

I will definitely be growing out the rest and making seeds. Dubi do you have any advice for selecting males from this cross? Thank you!

Attachments

• photo2060953.jpg
    photo2060953.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 244
  • photo2060954.jpg
    photo2060954.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 231
  • photo2060955.jpg
    photo2060955.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 239
  • photo2060956.jpg
    photo2060956.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 234
  • photo2060957.jpg
    photo2060957.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 245

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
So glad to hear it bluesat :) really beautiful expression and buds, with the reddish-purple Panama fade, and the whitish very resinous New Malawi Killer style of buds. If you like her effects so much and she performs well indoors (regarding vigor, yield, flowering time, easiness of cultivation, etc ...) then you definitely have a winner there worth to keep !

Yes, we expect to bring back Panama x Malawi fem limited edition in stock around early next year. And regarding your question for selection of males of this F1 hybrid, long story short: select smelly, resinous, vigorous and high yielding ones that remind you your favorite female expressions.

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Organic grow under 2 SanLight EVO 3-100 in 1 square meter, 9th week.

Mills DNA Coco/Cork, lava powder, worm casting, Greenbat (blood meal, horn meal and bat guano pellets) BAC Root/Bloom stimulator, BAC Sugar Candy Syrup, Biotabs PK Booster/Compost Tea.

Attachments

• P1020169.JPG
    P1020169.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 200
  • P1020168.JPG
    P1020168.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 395
  • P1020167.JPG
    P1020167.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 187

OntologicalTurn

hello. the big ones in the background are panama x malawi. central zone of Mexico, subtropical latitude, subhumid temperate climate of altitude (1700 meters above sea level).

the stretch has been very long, the plants have become gargantuan beasts of more than two meters, but in particular the one on the left measures more than three meters, I had to train it because it was already touching the roof of the provisional greenhouse that I had to assemble by discretion and rain. This particular plant seems to have a longer stretch than her sister already starting to form more structured colas.

My "mistake" was underestimating the light sensitivity of this tropical plant. I gave them a month of growth indoors and placed them in the raised bed outdoors in April. here we only have about 30 minutes of difference in the 12/12 around the year, but those 15-30 minutes were enough for me to have a gigantic stretch, normally even sativas flower quite quickly if you only leave them outside for a few weeks, we'll go further 11 weeks and still in what looks like pre-flowering. I suppose that in autumn-winter I will have a giant harvest hahaha. In the plant on the right, the trichomes and tarpenes can already be perceived. I find a certain smell of jasmine flower? less hashy in smell than panama x Bangi Haze

As a reference, the small ones are zamaldelicas in their first month of flowering, and they seem to be in the same stage as the giant ones.

Greetings and the best to all.

IMG_20220605_134241600.jpg

Two weeks ago

Nos
IMG_20220625_223101054.jpg

Now

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi OntologicalTurn as we commented (i think) in other thread, they revegged under increasing photoperiod over 12/12. Now after summer solstice with a decreasing photoperiod they will start to want to flower again. You still can expect a few weeks more of strong growth. Since you have horizontal space available, try to horizontally bend down the upper part of the bigger Panama x Malawi to avoid it touches the roof of the greenhouse.

OntologicalTurn

Oh, you have your own zoo. ☺️🥳

That's a really nice variety of plants. (y)
LOL Yes. I am trying to find a sativa that suits my needs, I have a form of autism and am struggling with clinical depression. I know that this plant exists and it is not a nostalgic myth because around 2013-14 I planted a plant with those characteristics, I think it was a doctor grinspoon from barneys farm, with what we know in Spanish forums as "fenotrigo", a mutation with spike shape, individual calyxes on very thin branches, the production was quite poor, no density due to the characteristics of the plant, but the effect was something else, at that time it did not clone, so it was crossed with a lanrace male of the variety that in Mexico we call "lime green" (Verdelimón) , gis offspring were also very good, but due to the characteristics of the male he tended to hermaphrodism, and I lost them.

Last edited:

OntologicalTurn

Hi OntologicalTurn as we commented (i think) in other thread, they revegged under increasing photoperiod over 12/12. Now after summer solstice with a decreasing photoperiod they will start to want to flower again. You still can expect a few weeks more of strong growth. Since you have horizontal space available, try to horizontally bend down the upper part of the bigger Panama x Malawi to avoid it touches the roof of the greenhouse.

Greetings Dubi, yes. I understand that this is what happened, in any case I found it interesting that one of them advanced more in flowering than the other.

I know it's a complicated question, but can I ask you which of your strains do you consider your favorite in terms of effect?

OntologicalTurn

the panama x malawi with higher flowering development seems to be getting closer. I had some problems with caterpillars and whiteflies eradicated with bacillus subtilis for the caterpillars and neem oil for the white flakes, with the humidity some botrytis had developed, but it seems that it is already controlled. The same continues to fatten and produce new pistils
IMG_20220713_193440819.jpg

IMG_20220713_193617221.jpg

her giant sister has also advanced in flowering, although very slowly. is now more than 3 meters
IMG_20220713_193811101.jpg

IMG_20220713_193840361.jpg

OntologicalTurn

Well, the smaller Panama x Malawi was harvested before reaching maturity due to budrot and botrytis risk. Keeping aside other plants that were beginning to flower, I considered that it was best to cut it to prevent the infection from spreading.

even so, he kept about half a kilo. Half will be used for hash and the other I plan to distill it to extract essential oil.

meanwhile the monster pheno is finally developing structured colas.
IMG_20220814_194457379.jpg
IMG_20220814_194513961.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi @OntologicalTurn

It's diffficult to find that particular plant that really works against depression, since the chemistry of each patient is different and same plant can produce very different effects in different people. In a perfect world, once you find it then you keep clones to grow her contantly in the future. For depression i would try to stay away from very potent sativas such as Malawi or Panama, and from heavy indicas like most modern Kush.
I have found plants with great qualities against depression in strains such as (in no particular order) CBD #1, pure Ethiopian, pure Honduras, pure Lebanese, pure Nepalese Annapurna, Kali China, New Caledonia, Thai Chi, Nepal Jam and Orient Express.

Congrats on your harvest of the faster flowering Panama x Malawi plant.
Now we can evaluate better the flowering traits, seems you indeed got 2 very different phenos.

The flowers of the faster flowering pheno finished all around with very dominant Panama influence.
On the other hand, the taller longer flowering plant looks like a really wild Malawi expression, glad she finally catched up! ;) How is she doing nowadays ?

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad to see yours bigtacofarmer at 9 weeks of flowering :) Looks like you got a great variety of different expressions. Are you growing the regular or the feminized version ? Try to provide at this point high light intensity to them.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Glad to see yours bigtacofarmer at 9 weeks of flowering :) Looks like you got a great variety of different expressions. Are you growing the regular or the feminized version ? Try to provide at this point high light intensity to them.
They are the regulars. I have 5 that looks similar but have different variations in smell ranging from tobacco/burnt rubber to sweet candy with hints of menthol. And 1 plant that looks like it will flower a week or so longer. Smell on that one is sweet and floral. And then shortest and fastest smells very astringent and high thc. Strong and weird in a good way. All the way through flower the smell reminded me of a nevils haze x Oaxaca. But now thar it's drying its just funky and strong. Kinda smell that might get you high just smelling it.