What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ErdPurt

zaprjaques

Listening to the @dubi interview on potcast again and i was wondering, the erdpurt has a broad gene pool right?
Would it be possible to S1 some regular seed plants and open up the pool that much as to be able to find very purpurea ticinensis leaning plants?
hope this is the right place for the question and many thanks in advance. :)

goingrey

Listening to the @dubi interview on potcast again and i was wondering, the erdpurt has a broad gene pool right?
Would it be possible to S1 some regular seed plants and open up the pool that much as to be able to find very purpurea ticinensis leaning plants?

It's not an F1 cross but an "inbred semi stabilized hybrid" as ACE Seeds' website puts it. So probably you won't get the wide range of phenotypes leaning from one parent (ancestor) to the other you're hoping for with an S1. Probably you're better off doing an open pollination with as many plants as possible and then looking for whatever it is you're looking for in those seeds. Probably probably..

zaprjaques

It's not an F1 cross but an "inbred semi stabilized hybrid" as ACE Seeds' website puts it. So probably you won't get the wide range of phenotypes leaning from one parent (ancestor) to the other you're hoping for with an S1. Probably you're better off doing an open pollination with as many plants as possible and then looking for whatever it is you're looking for in those seeds. Probably probably..
Thank you sir!

-Rioht-

Well, after losing my previous Erdpurt plants to the heatwave last year I was able to secure 3 more erdpurt regular seeds from a friend who has some old ones from 2017/2018.

Of the 3 only 1 germinated (old seeds so not surprised) and the 1 turned out to be a female.

I did notice some pollen sacs very early in week 1, but the plant is a very strong female ever since. Glad I didn't decide to toss it as I have heard from my friend that it's pretty normal with the strain to show both sexes early

Very healthy/vigorous plant that started flowering in the first week of August. I have struggled to get a plant to finish in my cold/wet fall climate so this early flowering girl is very welcome. I have also kept a clone and plan on doing a breeding run over the winter.

Growing in a 5 gallon SIP with organic dry amendments.

Attachments

• 20220906_124729.jpg
    20220906_124729.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 185
  • 20220906_124753.jpg
    20220906_124753.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 181
  • 20220906_124742.jpg
    20220906_124742.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 184
Last edited:

-Rioht-

Nearly 3 weeks since the last pics, buds are stacking up nicely and holding up well against the leaf hoppers and wpm that a nearby plant is experiencing.

Very near finish, probably harvesting next weekend.

Attachments

• 20220925_120102.jpg
    20220925_120102.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 172
  • 20220925_120134.jpg
    20220925_120134.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 172
  • 20220925_120140.jpg
    20220925_120140.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 166

mexican

Hello dubi, do you recommend me to cultivate Erdpurt for medicinal purposes? specifically to treat arthritis pain. I would like to buy 2 or 3 different strains but all of Ace for medicinal purposes and select mother plants that work best for physical pain, stress, anxiety and insomnia, which ones would you recommend? regular or feminized?

I was thinking of erdpurt because of its 1:1 balance but I'm also interested in erpurt x pck and violet, what do you think?

Thanks! I am Ace fan :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Sorry everyone, i somehow overlook the thread and didn't reply your questions in this thread for months.

I've made some crosses over the past few years that I'm going to test this year: ErdPurt x (ErdPurt x Hollands Hope) and ErdPurt x Malawi.

The most early ErdPurt phenos were used for these crossings.

The goal is to find ultra early pheno's that can serve as a mother plant.
I notice that purple phenos finish earlier than green phenos? Is this correct or is it a coincidence?

Hi @51North that's correct, usually the ErdPurt purple phenos have a faster flowering onset outdoors than the green ones, so they finish earlier. Super early purple males are also quite common with ErdPurt line. Indoors some individuals can show semi autoflowering tendencies (especially when seedlings feel rootbound).

Usually the ultra early flowering phenos are very difficult to preserve in clone form for long term due to their semi autoflowering tendencies, which are stronger than in the slower flowering expressions.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Hi @zaprjaques ErdPurt line was already semi inbred when we received it from @esbe we have continued working the line further over the last decade. The traits of both parental lines (Purpurea Ticinensis and Erdbeer) are already too mixed all over the phenos, although if you plant enough seeds of the regular version and you grow decent sized populations then you still can find very PT dominant expressions.

ErdPurt feminized version was produced using less parental plants, therefore the femenized version has narrower genetic diversity.

On the other hand, last ErdPurt regular reproduction was reproduced using many different parental plants from different lines so the regular version is more diverse. One of the reasons to do a regular reproduction using such wide genetic diversity it's to try to preserve maximum number of traits from the line and as a repository of diversity and health for the preservation of the line in good shape for long term, since ErdPurt is quite inbred, and indicas like this one easily lose the vigor and yield after too much inbreeding.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for sharing your outdoor ErdPurt -Rioht- :D Beautiful resinous buds.
Looks ripe enough to me, if the forecast is good for upcoming days you can let her ripe a bit more, but if there are chances of wet-rainy days then i would harvest now. Did you manage to keep clones for breeding in the future ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hello dubi, do you recommend me to cultivate Erdpurt for medicinal purposes? specifically to treat arthritis pain. I would like to buy 2 or 3 different strains but all of Ace for medicinal purposes and select mother plants that work best for physical pain, stress, anxiety and insomnia, which ones would you recommend? regular or feminized?

I was thinking of erdpurt because of its 1:1 balance but I'm also interested in erpurt x pck and violet, what do you think?

Thanks! I am Ace fan :)
Welcome mexican to our room on ICMag :)

i'm not sure for treating arthritis pain, but ErdPurt works great against chronic pain, stress-anxiety, insomnia ... also to relax muscles. Probably for many other things too, but you know, we are still in the infancy of understanding and unfold the medicinal potential of cannabis plant. And although medicine is not my field, i pay attention and take note of any possible medicinal property from our genetics being reported by growers.

Not sure if you have experience with CBD rich-low THC strains, if that's not the case then give a try to CBD #1.

Maybe consider a very strong Malawi hybrid (like Bubba Kush x Malawi from our R+D section) so you can try also with THC rich strains and check out which chemotypes works best for you: whether balanced, only CBD rich, or only THC rich.

-Rioht-

Thanks for sharing your outdoor ErdPurt -Rioht- :D Beautiful resinous buds.
Looks ripe enough to me, if the forecast is good for upcoming days you can let her ripe a bit more, but if there are chances of wet-rainy days then i would harvest now. Did you manage to keep clones for breeding in the future ?
Thanks for the feedback @dubi.

We are having one of the hottest/driest falls I've ever experienced on the west coast of Canada. Nothing but sun and blue skies for the forecast so I'm gonna push it a bit more :).

Also yes, successfully took a clone and it's growing happily in my wardrobe. Got 2 clones I took off the new mother waiting to root as well, which will be part if my winter breeding run.

Attachments

• 20221007_083337.jpg
    20221007_083337.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 76

mexican

Maybe consider a very strong Malawi hybrid (like Bubba Kush x Malawi from our R+D section) so you can try also with THC rich strains and check out which chemotypes works best for you: whether balanced, only CBD rich, or only THC rich.
Thanks!
Do you know on which website I can buy bubba kush x malawi that ship to México?
I read the description on Ace's website and was very interested.
I usually buy at seedsman but they don't handle R+D seeds there.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Excellent -Rioht- :) glad the forecast is good for the upcoming days so your outdoor ErdPurt can fully ripe and reach her best potential. If you managed to get a clone growing indoors and it does not autoflower then you are lucky and most probably she won't give you problems with that in the mother room and during your upcoming breeding projects with her.

@mexican kindly try at ACE Seeds R+D section at Mandala website (y)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
New ErdPurt cannabinoid analysis: ERDPURT ERA 8, showing a THC rich chemotype with almost null CBD content, meaning such low CBD-rich THC plants can also be found in ErdPurt line, although the most common chemotypes are the balanced THC-CBD ones.

ErdPurt strain description has been updated on our website with the new info.

Attachments

• ErdPurt ERA 8 análisis de cannabinoides.jpg
    ErdPurt ERA 8 análisis de cannabinoides.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 116

-Rioht-

Update on my grow. I ended up harvesting October 11th once senescence was pretty far along.

6 days drying, and then a quick trim, but once I started separating some of the buds from the larger cola's I ended up finding some pretty nasty looking bud rot (black mold under microscope).

I think the issue is that I lollipoped the plant to reduce trimming but that ended up with pretty large/dense colas that weren't getting enough air flow.

I ended up tossing the colas I found mold in after checking through each one thoroughly with my microscope.

My total yield, after tossing moldy buds was still decent, with 140g recovered from a soil volume of 5 gallons. I'll be turning this all into bubble hash and then making edibles/tincture out of it to reduce any potentially lingering mold issues.

Still have my clone and I'll be giving it another round indoors and potentially again next year but after 2 years of outdoor issues I am thinking the Canadian PNW might not be the correct climate.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on your harvest -Rioht- :) Glad your ErdPurt selection finished there in Canada.

Since ErdPurt is an Afghani, it performs best in dry climates. In wet climates like Canada we recommend to prune ErdPurt during growth so later it distributes the flowers in smaller buds throughout lateral branches instead of the big main cola, which is more susceptible against mold.

mexican

If you managed to get a clone growing indoors and it does not autoflower then you are lucky

Hello!

Are most plants autoflowering indoors? If I want to select a mother plant, it cannot be just the one that I like the most, but it will have to be one that does not become autoflowering?

I already bought the seeds, is there a difference between regular and feminized ones? I bought both

I see that Erdpurt likes cold and dry weather but where I live winter is cold and some wet but summer is very hot and dry, which one will be better? I will grow indoors.

Greetings to all!