What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone got a mortgage?

Hubbleman

Veteran
Here is the deal.

1. I am on some health benefits here and they told me i can get a mortgage and i wont have to pay interest on it.

Ho many years can you take a mortgage out for?

2. Also I am on some housing benefits. I get helpt with rent - benefits paid for rent AND council tax. I get about 500 for rent every month. So i was at the civic center the other day and talked to house benefits people, i tell them - instead of having 500 sent into black hole (rent money) every month, WHY not let me take out a mortgage (!!!!!) AND, rather then wasting $$$ for rent, have it ADDED to my mortgage?

Same amount - 500 a month. What difference does it make to benefit agency , paid for rent or towards mortgage?

At this point benefit worker stopped me and told me they dont do anything with mortgages.

Can i chase this through with someone like citizen advice beuro and complain and ask them to change their views / laws? Cos i really dont see the logic here, my logic is sound

:peacock:

sneaky101

2) I'm no expert, nor do I know which state you are in...but I would think it would have something to do with government assistance is to assist you in living, not to buy (or partially pay for) you a house. Isn't quite right the gov't buys you a house but not the rest of us. Also, government assistance can be terminated, and if that happens, you are stuck with a mortgage you cannot afford. And in this day and age, I could see someone in your shoes (not necessarily you, but someone) suing the gov't because they terminated a program and people get stuck with that payment they cannot afford and now their credit is all jacked up. You may be able to get some liberals behind you on this...a home for every American and all...but that is taking the welfare state this country is in to the extreme. Let us know if you get help with a mortgage so I can stop paying mine.

Don't get me wrong, I understand where you are coming from, but I understand them not wanting to help with mortgages...that is different IMO than helping someone pay their rent. But to answer #1...you can get them in many different timeframes. I've heard of 10, 15, 20, 30, and 45 year mortgages (pretty sure about the 45 yrs).

Bullfrog44

Veteran
So your part of the 50% of Americans that don't pay taxes or have an income? Now you want a house from tax payer money, lol. Maybe they can buy you a Mercedes as well. Heck, maybe you should shoot for a house in the Hampton's, why dream small?

Sorry, but I don't see why you NEED a house, and btw, 500$ wont pay for any mortgage. Where would the other money come from? And if you have other money, why do you need the 500$ in the first place?

If for some reason you can get a mortgage without interest then that is more than enough help. The biggest part of a mortgage is the interest. Now real tax payers and mortgage owners would have to pick up the difference, but lets not go there. Just be happy with what you do get for free, and stop working the system.

Last edited:
instead of having 500 sent into black hole (rent money) every month, WHY not let me take out a mortgage (!!!!!) AND, rather then wasting $$$ for rent, have it ADDED to my mortgage?

don't see why not, in a lot of cases your benefit goes to pay someone else's mortgage ..so why not yours?

if the gov were smart they would buy the house themselves and use your benefit to pay their mortgage on their house ..thus creating value for the tax payer while increasing state housing stock

funny how nobody blinks at the billions in housing benefit going to pay the mortgages of private landlords ..but there is an outcry when a sick person on low income gets the same

So your part of the 50% of Americans that don't pay taxes or have an income?
Sorry, but I don't see why you NEED a house, and btw, 500$ wont pay for any mortgage.

he's not even American ..so you can get off your republican high horse
------------------------

...cowards with nothing to say hiding behind the negative rep system

SpayceRayce

Poster is from UK - "council" was dead giveaway. If they'll help you, take the help. Fuck the haters, their litter box is full, and no-one will clean it for them.

Bullfrog44

Veteran
I would like to read about this, got a link?

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/02/19...-half-of-all-americans-dont-pay-income-taxes/

No offence but I thought this would be common knoladge these days. You know, with all the pay your fair share talk going to the rich, why not talk to the 50% of Americans that sit on their ass and do nothing. I know people are disabled and there are legit reasons for government assistance, but 50% don't pay taxes????? Check the chart I posted, Obama has government assistance at the highest rate in the worlds history, other than Greece.

If they'll help you, take the help. Fuck the haters, their litter box is full, and no-one will clean it for them.

This is what's wrong with the world. You are saying take the help even in not needed, just because they are giving it out. Would you let somebody wipe your ass if they offered? Where is the pride these days?

mrcreosote

Veteran
No offense, but your logic is as sound as a fart in a bathtub.
Contrary to your opinion, your welfare payment is not going into a black hole, but if the home is privately owned, is going to someone who has saved and invested his money in a property and has demonstrated an ability to repay a loan if he has one.

You're on welfare, have health issues, and no job. Not a rip roaring candidate for repaying a loan of any kind. Where would money come from to replace a roof or a blocked water line? More taxpayers funds?

You're asking hard working taxpayers to give up their money to buy you a house with no equity at all on your end.
Your logic failed to consider that somebody has to pay off the owner of the house for you to live there.

url

Who said I was a Republican? Different country, same story, period.
your point of view says ..you know 'the government shouldn't help people who are sick, unemployed or low income with rent, healthcare etc' ..yeah different country same bs but it's not your taxes being spent in this case so you don't really have any basis for having a go ..republicans are called conservatives/tories over here..I know the song well ...apart from anything else you have no idea of the OP's background or how much tax he has paid...so bit of a knee jerk reaction all round

You're asking hard working taxpayers to give up their money to buy you a house with no equity at all on your end.
Your logic failed to consider that somebody has to pay off the owner of the house for you to live there.
...it would not cost the tax payer any more than they are already paying ...why can't he choose to use the same money to pay a mortgage instead of rent ...if his roof starts leaking its up to to him to fix it...like any other home owner ..as I've already stated billions in housing benefit go to rich private landlords who use the money paying their mortgages and they are not even sick or unemployed ..yet no one complains about this

Yea that's the spirit. Our world is in unrecoverable debt and your idea is to sustain the same level of borrowing and giving. Great idea Einstein.

and your idea is let the sick/poor die in the street while the top 1% drive-by surrounded by blackwater? ..if you bother to read the thread properly, I already gave ideas to save the taxpayer money while housing those that need it ...thus improving the current situation for all concerned ..but you seemed to have missed that information in your haste to knee jerk ..btw it wasn't the sick/poor that got the world into debt but the top 1% ..I didn't see anyone of those republicans refusing their government handouts/bail-outs/benefits

Bullfrog44

Veteran
wtf are you talking about dude? My idea of "let the sick/poor die in the streets while the top 1% drive-by surrounded by blackwater?" Where are you pulling this shit from. You need to see a shrink if the voices in your head are saying these things, cause I sure didn't. Why do you keep bring up Republicans?

what do you think happens if government stops subsidising those on a low income ..is it really so hard think it through ..btw I never mentioned borrowing ..there are many ways to cut debt without hitting the poorest

otherwise what are we to think of your statement:
Yea that's the spirit. Our world is in unrecoverable debt and your idea is to sustain the same level of borrowing and giving. Great idea Einstein.
your implying that you don't think government should continue subsidising those on a low income ..seems like your struggling to follow your own posts never mind mine

Bullfrog44

Veteran
Government subsidies have gone up 300% in the last 4 years. Where are all the people that have been saved? I see much less dead people in the streets, lol. Get a clue.

answer me this, what happens if we continue to spend and give at the levels we are? Greece come to mind?

Have a good day Toketronix, you seem to need it.

answer me this, what happens if we continue to spend and give at the levels we are?

IF government subsidies have gone up it's because your country has been looted ..people have become poorer overall and less able to sustain income ..that's kinda what happens when you get robbed

SpayceRayce

Wow. Like hanging a worm over a pond full of hungry fish. The OP is NOT in USA, is not part of the shitstorm the USA is embroiled in, is not party to either elephants or donkeys raping the world and isn't asking for opinions on whether his mortgage interest / offer will affect the USA, the USA taxpayers or the USA electoral system. Fuuuck. Less than 250 yrs old, and the fucking world is your litter box. Plse, stop confirming all those terrible stereotypes about 'Mericans. Stay inside your battleground, point your guns at each other, and stop thinking the world fucking cares what you think. We don't. Fuuuucking blowhards.

Latest posts

Latest posts