What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NYCD outdoors?

JOJO420

Veteran
Has anyone run Soma's NYCD outdoors in Northern California? Will it finish? Does it do well outside? I can't find any info on outdoor NYCD. My buddy is trying to get me to run it outside this year and I am hesitant. Anyone have any stories to share either way , good or bad?

I missed a male while in hydro and wound up with a huge amount of fertile seeds. I planted outside got a low yield of high quality. Gave some seeds to my neighbor who had the same results. Colder climate; other side of the country.

G

guest8905

A certain Unknown member here did some of soma's nycd outside from seed in norcal. He entered it into a cup, it was some very very nice stuff. Amazing flavors and great bag appeal. i have some f2's from that plant i think

def a good one if your not too high in elevation

JOJO420

Veteran
1200' ft elevation, if i'm not mistaken.. When does it finish?
I have 2 mothers from seed, one the tall , lanky pheno, but it smells like grapefruit, and the small, squat one, it too smells of grapefruit. I selected them out of a pack of seeds from a friend, they are from 2006 I believe. He wants me to run them outside, but i don't see these being big yielders, maybe I will run them for head stash??

1200' ft elevation, if i'm not mistaken.. When does it finish?
Mine took forever. Since these were just thrown in the ground for the hell of it I didn't mark a calendar but my estimate would be as long as 130 to 140 days.
I was growing them next to pumpkins to hide them. The pumpkins did well leading me to believe the water and nutrition were on the mark. The mj plants were so small that I missed a few at harvest time, didn't find them until a heavy frost killed off the "cover" crops, but these long timers were the best of the bunch for quality, and frost hardy for us northern growers.

feenom

ran it at 1500' elevation last year, if i remember correctly (it's tough because fall was a blur)---she started finishing around late october...decent yield, nice smoke, went a bit purple also.

talktosamson

Veteran
Hello friend, I do a few different NYCD hybrids in my outdoor gardens. Champagne Diesel and NYCD x Purps. Bother are diesel heavy phenos and finish mid October in southern Oregon. Some of the best tastes and great yields.

Latest posts

Latest posts