What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

California Looking for Property to buy live and grow.

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
Hello Guys as some of you might know I've been in cali for already 6 months :D loving it here... Anyways Im Looking for some land for sale somewhere nice and good for outdoors.. Im planning on putting some greenhouses up.. If you know Where in cali would suit me best please let me know Im looking for at least 2+ acres for sale... If you can send me to the right direction general area that would be amazing and would thank you forever.. having a hard time finding something worth my time.:tiphat:
I will also grow indoors like always.:wave:
all the best

Last edited:

BongRipkenJR.

Yeah, good luck. Because of all the people flocking into our state to make money off of weed, it is really hard to get a nice piece of property with water on it. I remember in the Trinity Pines, property was next to nothing. Nobody could sell their parcels, but after 2009 smaller parcels would sell for $100k+. So ridiculous! Oh yeah, my pops had a 1 acre parcel with a water meter on it in Trinity. He was asking 15k for it. Couldn't get it for years. 2009 hit and he got offers left and right. He ended up selling it for $40k

You will probably have to get something that is very remote and almost not worth it!

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
Thanks guys Yeah Im not here trying to get rich of the Cannabis but I'm looking for a place so i can do breeding experimenting and enjoy my life for a while...
I've been growing Cannabis since 15 years of age and I will probably grow it till I die...
She completes me... Keeps me exited and I always wanna learn more.

Im currently in the middle of nowhere land is some what cheap and lots of room but its the desert and not much green to blend in....
I just want something that I can really take to the next level building wise plant wise and smoke wise.
all the best to you and your love ones.

doublejj

Veteran
Take a look around 'Grass Valley' area East of Sacramento in the Sierra foothills. Very pot friendly community, everybody grows there but without all the drama of the triangle. Still not known (in spite of the name of the town) for Marijuana growing only. Beautiful area.

peace
doublejj

Securityfirst

Lets see dont do the coast of cali they all get mold i think. I actually wonder how a lot of coastal growers do? You could do tracy Ca, lot of growers there in central cali, not too much going on down there tho. You could do Mendocino, Redwood Valley, that is mendo county, kinda rural and a 25 plant limit, full sun for the season, helicopter flyovers frequent. Greenhouses with trees are common there. You could also do a higher elevation in williow creek Ca , they lose some to mold, it is humboldt county. A few other dry high elevation places are Shasta county and Siskiyou county. A typical way to find a property in any part I mentioned is to socialize, network with anyone you can and make friends out here. If you have cash and some networking skills you could find a place. People everywhere are desperate for cash.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
best answer is 2 posts up, look around Grass Valley area, Nevada City, gold country.....

BongRipkenJR.

Grass Valley and Nevada County are your most ideal cannabis growing locations in California. It is perfect there! However it is very very pricey!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
kinda of curious why folks are reccomending grass valley....its a nice spot for sure but not known to be drama free at all...i hear some crazy things about nevada county sheriffs who have zero respect for 215...

mendocino is a nice county but you gotta deal with coastal fog so the yeilds are a little lower and risk for mold....you can have 25 plants and if you go over limit gotta get a ziptie and pay fees...

humbolt is the best spot...up around the triangle...99 plant limit but the locals are prety hardcore and the land is pricey...

my little haven for the moment is butte county....theres some pretty cheap property around there....sheriffs are known to not chop as long as you got your plant limits in order...shit we got a sheriff living a few acres away..

best place to find land is craigslist...i already called and chatted with a few landowners and their adds just for shits and giggles..and the other is landwatch dot com

R

Rysam

Dont go to Butte county if you only want 2 acres. The new ordinance really limits what you can do before you need to register with the county and pay up. 6 max to 1.5 ac. with no reg. I believe it applies to indoor too.

It was cool until last year, too many dumbasses got greedy.

I had to severely slow my roll when I read the new ordinance.. hey, shit they are voting it in today..and its a LOT better than the first draft.

I would avoid Tehama co. too, way harsh on herb.

Edit: heres the proposed ordinance highlights.
http://www.buttecounty.net/~/media/... Meeting MJ Cultivation Ordinance 4-6-11.ashx

EditX2: My bad, yesterday was just another meeting. they expect to pass the final ord. in August

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
kinda of curious why folks are reccomending grass valley....its a nice spot for sure but not known to be drama free at all...i hear some crazy things about nevada county sheriffs who have zero respect for 215...

i didn't know that. still though , almost everyone i know from grass valley/nevada city area grows big outdoors, never heard of any issues...

land is cheap too, compared to the coast.

a buddy of mine just got 10 acres in gold country last year, can't stop raving about it.

i like the 831 personally

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
FUCK that butte county news is bad news...but it hasnt passsed yet? our property is maybe an acre tops....this is gonna effect alot of friends as well, i dont even think the locals up there are aware of this shit.....

R

Rysam

yup its fawked. Im at maybe an acre too on the outside of town with zero neighbors.

I read it as this is the last blowout season before the ordinance takes effect. even 6 plants can do just fine though. My "mentor" avg'd 6.5 lbs/plant last year on 18. look in my gallery under UTC.

M

Mountain

Someone mentioned Siskiyou county. I'm here and I'd stay away. Local LEO is pretty tough on legal growers. All the med outdoor gardeners I know keep there patches pretty well hidden. You'd have to do your 6, keep them small and forget about be a caregiver for others.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
nice outdoor shots rysam....we are doing 18 200 gallons this year in butte county...fuck the ordinance....i can see over our neighbors yard and they arent doing no 6 plants either....we have 3 scripts but yeah...i guess we are taking a gamble that the sheriff wont drop by....

wish i could have made it to that meeting and said my peice...there are many reasons why 6 per acre is not sufficient...what about those who grow for family members....what about properties where there are 3-4 patients.....6 basically means they gotta grow it indoors and waste power or buy from black market...

R

Rysam

Its not in effect yet so let er rip! thats the way i take it. Im just going to stick with my 6 maybe 7, I really dont need more.