What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why to use worm Castings

Aquaman2112

Worm castings contain many beneficial bacteria. These bacteria are responsible for turning ammonium in soil into nitrates. Nitrates are the most easily used form of nitrogen for the plants. As well as containing these beneficial bacteria, they also contain amino acids which help in the growth and development of your plants. For hydroponics, worm castings are available in liquid form to cover all stages of plant development or additives to give your plants an added boost. Worm castings are a cost efficient way of supplying the needed nutrients to the plants and in most places are readily available

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
There's a great website, wormgold.com, that has products related to worm castings. Great stuff.

HOT CARGO

The Best Is Yet To Come
Veteran
i use that stuff. its great to add to your mix. it gives the plants more natural grow pattern i think. more natural they look ,the more i like them.

peace

G

I use Tiger Bloom Big Bud along with bud swell bat guano. I get nice tasty, fat buds too!

Avid

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
Flavor,flavor,flavor

Flavor,flavor,flavor

Worm castings is the single best flavor enhancer IMO!
Nothing I have used works better and it's full of trace elements.I use only Pro-Mix and Worm Castings and perlite in my soil mixes.All other organics are watered in.
Castings RULE!!!!
Wiggle Worm all the way........................

G

how much worm casins to a gallon can, im usin chicken manure as a supplement right now.

CBF

Capt. Crip

Veteran
CBF

CBF

I use 15 lbs. to a bail of promix for growth and 30 lbs. to a bail for flowering.Not sure how that would break down but I can check the cubic feet on a promix bail and maybe go from there.
I only use wiggle worm as it is pure castings.
Take care.......................CC

Capt. Crip

Veteran
CBF

CBF

My Promix bales are 3.8 cubic feet.
I am thinking a cup per gallon during flowering and a half cup per gallon of soil during veg.

I really think thats close and should seriously increase flavor for you,I swear it.
Take care......................CC

wolfshadow

I use worm castings for ALL my plants. I use the 5 pot rule:wink:
5.pots of potting soil.
2.pots of canaidian peat.
2.pots of perlite
1.pot of WC
1/4 cup of Dolimite lime.
No blood/bone meal for outside plants for me.
Dont matter the size of the pots 1-3 gal's for measuring works well.
Never tried the Hydro w/wc's,but I could only imagine that it would work and taste very well. They have natural insect repelants that work very WELL in the bush though.
<<ws>>

CBF

With castings you really don't have to worry about a correct amount. You can grow in straight castings but wouldn't recommend it.

You can also make a tea 1 part castings to 3 parts water and let stand 24 hours. Stir well then water normally. Works wonders and definitely enhances the flavor.

Bones

wolfshadow

No. I believe its the RIGHT forum.
I myself, just jumped off topic abit talking about bennfits of WC's with soil :wink:
<ws>
:confused:

G

Castings are great they are basically humus and can not be over done really.. the problem is that the more you add the denser your mix becomes and the more water it will hold..ive got a lady right now that hasent been watered for over 11 days because i over did the casting on purpose ...shes just as healthy as her sisters though...

great stuff
take care
greenfriend

G

I Use FF OF soil and it already has WC, Should i add more WC? its 1 cubic ft of soil
How much more should i add if any at all? very curious if it will add even more taste?
peace..
Sack's First Outdoor Grow
Our grow has adopted some new family members.. LQQK!!

sack :friends: :canabis: :joint:

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
I have seen freshly rooted clones in grodan put directly on top of wormcasting... only prob is mold/fungus...

WC is so important for your plants, always have some on hand...

Growdoc

G

bait? what u fish 4 there? I LOVE fishin. We get MOnster salmon and Halibit here.

Latest posts

Latest posts