What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis-based medicines get green light as UK eases rules

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Relaxation of laws means doctors will be able to prescribe medicinal cannabis

Doctors in the UK can prescribe cannabis-derived medicine after the government announced a relaxation of laws governing access to the substance.
Thousands of people with drug-resistant conditions will potentially be able to use cannabis-derived medicinal products for treatment after the home secretary, Sajid Javid, announced they should be placed in schedule 2 of the 2001 Misuse of Drugs Regulations, allowing clinicians to prescribe them by the autumn.
Cannabis has been classed as a schedule 1 drug, meaning it is thought to have no therapeutic value and cannot be lawfully possessed or prescribed. It may be used for the purposes of research, but a Home Office licence is required.

The move by the home secretary comes after the government’s official drug advisers and the chief medical officer for England, Sally Davies, separately concluded there was evidence of therapeutic benefit for some conditions.
The reviews came after a number of high-profile cases involving children being denied access to cannabis oil to control epileptic seizures. The cases included those of Billy Caldwell, 12, and Alfie Dingley, six, who have forms of intractable epilepsy, also known as refractory epilepsy, that appear to be eased by the use of cannabis oil.https://www.theguardian.com/society...d-medicines-get-green-light-as-uk-eases-rules

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
About bloody time mate!

......But before it happened many kids and adults have had to suffer without the meds they really needed.

Well....its the first step towards possible further de-crim or even, I hope full-legalization. someday over the rainbow.

kickarse

medical cannabis is the gateway to the recreational cannabis $$$$$$$$
what government wouldn't try and grab it all
its about your $$$$ not your health, they couldn't give two fucks about that

$$$$ stolen off the people as usual

trifector

As I just mentioned on another post - it appears government policy is finally catching up with public opinion which has greatly favored legalization for a while now.

However I can bet my house that once legal it'll still be legal for normal people to grow it. It'll be licensed and taxed to high hell...

It'll be legal when they figure out how they can make all the money out of mother nature's own medicine

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Without a complete overthrow of the crony faux democratic capitalist system cannabis wont be legalised and if that happened it would just be freed anyway like all the others..

Too many big boys would lose a bit too much money and control over this twisted corrupt politically devisive little cattle ranch if they started letting people "self medicate" what's next they might want to eat better food and demand better representation in government from genuine local vetted personalities oh no no no.. Career politicians, unaccountable ceos ruining the NHS through suspiciously overly expensive deals with pharmaceutical companies and all your food comes wrapped in plastic from some random place or pre irradiated.. And how much would the brewing and gambling "sectors" lose out.. Those are all BIG ASS lobbying powers that have their hands down many politicians pants and in many cases openly funded them into power, and line their geedy little pocketses.

I say fuck them, these occupying globalists are successfully fucking me and mine in another 10 other ways anyway there issues with cannabis are just par for the course..
Proper stoned rant lol :smoker:.. Point is lots more billionaires want it illegal than legal Imo and politicians are all crooked at best. :2cents:

Fuck grinding away for an imaginary GDP I'd like to see GDH,, Gross Domestic Happyness..

Danielloveschoc

Without a complete overthrow of the crony faux democratic capitalist system cannabis wont be legalised and if that happened it would just be freed anyway like all the others..

Too many big boys would lose a bit too much money and control over this twisted corrupt politically devisive little cattle ranch if they started letting people "self medicate" what's next they might want to eat better food and demand better representation in government from genuine local vetted personalities oh no no no.. Career politicians, unaccountable ceos ruining the NHS through suspiciously overly expensive deals with pharmaceutical companies and all your food comes wrapped in plastic from some random place or pre irradiated.. And how much would the brewing and gambling "sectors" lose out.. Those are all BIG ASS lobbying powers that have their hands down many politicians pants and in many cases openly funded them into power, and line their geedy little pocketses.

I say fuck them, these occupying globalists are successfully fucking me and mine in another 10 other ways anyway there issues with cannabis are just par for the course..
Proper stoned rant lol :smoker:.. Point is lots more billionaires want it illegal than legal Imo and politicians are all crooked at best. :2cents:

Fuck grinding away for an imaginary GDP I'd like to see GDH,, Gross Domestic Happyness..

So true I have always wondered how we have been tricked into believing the way to measure success of the county is to measure it's GDP when the top 1% are keeping more and more of it each year anyway it is MENTAL!

I'm confident that cannabis will be legalised. but you'll need to pay a £200k license to grow it and it will be taxed to high hell.

no faith at all in this current set up

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Legal in the uk???
30% tax plus vat,,,,,
if it goes full legal then we are going to get rumped like in the US,,,,,
We will carry on regardless ,,,no changes there,,,,,
health care? nope its all about the ££££,,,,,

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Exactly.. The government in this country was never a benevolent one, it never even pretended to be, and our previous generations never trusted them as far as they could throw them.. They just work us to death and tax us to death for that privilege of having that crown certified piece of cheese to eat.

I actually see the gubmint as genocidal in the way it has treated the various "tribes" of the UK, cultural genocide that is.. Look at the whole of the North East of England today, or Ireland or the mining towns of the North.. If these places had sorted themselves out instead of being disempowered through this Londoncentric internationalist economic smoke and mirrors bs from the city of London's highway men they would all be better off.

I'm not surprised bartering is illegal as well.. The crown wants us impoverished and it to be all powerful. Always has done and it always will do, it is run by legit genocidal psychopaths. Britain is a crown colony nothing more.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Start pushing for home growing rights immediately.

Cannabis 'Based' medicines are significantly less effective and more harmful than simple 'Cannabis' medicines made by using ethanol to extract a full plant. Fight for your right to grow your own medicine!