What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Texas Legal ??!!

lumberjack.mr

Sb2165 to repeal all prohibition laws concerning the use , possession, and cultivation of cannabis/ marijuana ! This is HUUGGGEEE !!
Please call your senators and urge their support !!
Texas can Evolve out of the dark ages! Lj.mike:tiphat:

pinkus

Veteran
I'm not holding my breath for this one... but it's a start. The ball is rolling :shooty:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
you would have a better chance of shitting out a golden turd.....yeehaw

nothing works the first time, trout. most things fail REPEATEDLY before they succeed, like Abraham Lincoln did running for office over the years. nothing ventured, nothing gained...:)

shithawk420

Veteran
this would never happen.if it did wouldnt there be some kinda huge cartel war with the U.S or something?

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I am sure it will happen eventually,,..takes time for folks to come around,,some have to die off too probably...the younger generation is all for marijuana/hemp...yeehaw ..

lumberjack.mr

I think y'all are a little off center on this one.. There are several bills before the Texas legislators, that are garnering profound support, in the Congress, and Senate, among law makers and are likely to pass with overwhelming support. Of course the pending ruling by the US Supreme Court, could change everything, for everyone, in the entire nation! There has already been a ruling that the classification must now be re-evaluated and based upon solid science! Once that evaluation is completed and the ruling handed down- we are all doing a happy Square Dance! just my opinion... Lj.mike

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Texas is full of freedom loving peoples!

Don't preach cannabis...
preach freedom of choice.
After all, that's what this nation was founded on.
:tiphat:

Granger2

Veteran
Texas will swing purple/blue around 2024 approx. But I think there is a good chance for MMJ fairly soon. Recreational, a couple of legislative sessions later. There are lots of "government off my back" people that are open minded about this. And then there is the tax revenue carrot. So there's a chance, and it may come sooner than expected. So good luck Texicans. -granger

lumberjack.mr

Add to the list : Hb 557 & 1322 !! + Sb 507 & 2165 ... There are others but these are the most promising , for now..
Lj.mike

TDJester

I say fat chance with that one. I mean you get places like Austin which are so fucking liberal it's like another planet, and then you have the rest of the cities which go either way... and then you have the rest of the bible thumping country folk which have lived on prohibition, big prison businesses, butter and guns since forever. It's a tough nut to crack but the tax revenue you could generate based off the population ratio of TX to CO alone boggles the mind. Basic math comes up with a figure of $200 million for the whole state, which mind you is a drop in the bucket for the TX budget, but 200 million is school lunch programs paid in full for the next 20 years for starters.

Oh the possibilities.. *holds breath*

JuneBugJoe

Let the southern sativa showdown begin. Texas was a HUGE Hemp producer for as long as we know. The intense UV rays will pack resin on the nugs. Also with the long beautiful weather in the fall in certain areas of Texas, we will see some amazing Sativas being grown late into November. Working with strains that can beat the heat will be the challenge. anyways... as far as leaglity goes.... Texas has quite a few opportunities.

Last edited:
I say fat chance with that one. I mean you get places like Austin which are so fucking liberal it's like another planet, and then you have the rest of the cities which go either way... and then you have the rest of the bible thumping country folk which have lived on prohibition, big prison businesses, butter and guns since forever. It's a tough nut to crack but the tax revenue you could generate based off the population ratio of TX to CO alone boggles the mind. Basic math comes up with a figure of $200 million for the whole state, which mind you is a drop in the bucket for the TX budget, but 200 million is school lunch programs paid in full for the next 20 years for starters.

Oh the possibilities.. *holds breath*

I have to agree to a certain extent.

I have spent a good part of my 50+ years living in and visiting rural West Texas. Most of that in "Dry" areas. No bars, no package sales. When we went to the local Mexican restaurant for dinner we had to take our own beer. To get that beer we had to drive 30 miles and cross 2 liquor control districts. Monday-Saturday. No booze sales on Sunday.

When I first saw discussion of legalization in Texas I laughed. "It will never happen" I thought.

I engaged a gentleman in Austin in a discussion regarding legalization and he opened my eyes. The younger generations in Texas are joining "mainstream" much more quickly than I could have imagined. Dry LCD's are "going wet" at a rate that has amazed me.

As people my age and younger move into leadership positions the rate of change is accelerating.

I bet we see some level of tolerance and maybe even legalization in Texas before Willie Nelson dies...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"American by birth. Texan by the grace of God."

"Remember Goliad, Remember the Alamo!"