What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

100 watt cfl

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
you could even grow with a halogen, but you wouldn't get very far....

yes a CFL has a great spectrum for cannabis, 100w or 10,000w, the only real difference (if you grow properly) is just the amount that you can produce.

zen master thanks dude i saw you said "you could even grow with a halogen, but you wouldn't get very far...."can you explane more because i have been looking into halogen and like to hear peoples ideas and experences thannks bruh

redesurprize i did that a while ago thanks im looking for peoples opinion and there views on it there past experences

He was sorta joking halogens produce way too much heat compared to other bulbs to be considered useful. CFL bulbs on the other hand work well for cannabis but you wanna keep your plants short with them like 18" max imo. You want 50 watts per squarefoot of floor space minimum with whatever light source you choose.

@jacuzzisplot lol i was thinkin that it would jus fry it up or i would need a huge fan lil but ya i think im gonna do cfl for veg.

idk if i can bloom wit cfl???

im trying to get some moeny to get a hps by the time its ready to flower

You can flower with cfl and get some dank shit too. You just need to keep you plants short. Just check out the micro grow section.

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
you can grow with less. check my 45W CFL grow log.
But really, don't expect much.
From 100W CFL, on your first grow, if things go relatively smooth you might yield an ounce.
And you would have to maneuver the light to keep it at a steady 2-3" from the plant.

Using a 150-250W MH, HPS or CMH you have much less work and more yield.
From a 150W, if things go right you can expect 2.5 ounces or so. From a 250W around 4 ounces.

The HID grown buds would be more compact.

Also, a single light is easier to cool compared to 10 lights.

thank you everyone great ansewers i have also been told that you can expect .5 to 1 g per watt???
but im gonna end up scratchin the entire cfl plan im hopefully gettin a sunsystem hps system today if all gose as planed!!!!

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
for a first grow without too many mistakes, running with a 250 or higher HPS you should AIM for 0.65 gram per watt.
0.5-0.6 is just fine.

You need to be a pretty darn good grower to get to the 1 gpw rank and a proper strain to run with.

With CFLs divide the numbers by 2 as they produce less candlelights per watt.

ya thats wat i was thinkin about .5 .6 would be good for the first shot if i get this hps light it will hopefully be a realy good first shot...

i was looking at your 45w grow an saw you was useing tea wat is that and wat dose it do for the plant???

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
0.5 - 0.6 is if you get your shit together and don't fuck up too badly :p

Compost tea is a way to extract the good stuff out of the compost. AACT stands for Actively Aerated Compost Tea and is the modern way of doing a compost tea, and considered the most effective.
While brewing AACT you MULTIPLY you microbes population rather than simply extract it.

Its pretty easy to do but not too easy to understand. Try this thread for info:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=110620

For a simple recipe you would need : water without extra chemicals (like chlorine), the best compost you can find and molasses \ whole cane sugar. Kelp or seaweed extract will really help, as well as some other ingredients.
You put a cup of compost and 3 tablespoons of molasses in a gallon of water and bubble it up with an air pump and an air stone for 24-48 hours in a slightly ventilated, shaded \ dark place without the lid.

You use the solution straight for soil drench and dilute it 1:2-1:3 for foliar feeding.

This is my way of doing it, but the thread I've linked you too is MUCH better.

Latest posts

Latest posts