What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

...my first grow...hope it works...

urapocalypse

hello all, :gday:
welcome to what I hope to be a very successful first time grow!
any way, I planted my lovely to be plant outside mid winter watered every few days and hoped for the best and...nothing happened... until about a week ago I noticed the sprout it grew slowly the first couple days then once it had the start of the first spiked leaves sped right up till a rough 2 inches of height then we had 2 days of solid rain after that I transplanted it into a new pot and into a 2"deep x 4" wide x 5.5" tall space inside my bedroom and is now getting the start of its second set of leaves though has slowed down in considerably in growth most likely to mass water and stress of the move
in side its space it 1x normal 20w desk lamp and 1x twin 18w flurotubes plus a small but powerful fan, I understand the lighting may not be adequate but I didn't think this thing would randomly sprout now so i was unprepared i should be getting more soon plus upgrading the current tubes to a higher wattage (so any suggestions as to what else to get that will not cost to much electricity wise would be great)
but any way that is the story so far of my first ever grow. i will post pictures with this and hope to hear from you all soon!!!

Attachments

• 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 13

ReelBusy1

Breeder
ICMag Donor
good luck.
be safe.
be patient.
use the first time for learning.
You will fall in love with it and it will change your life.
Peace,
MC

zemin1a

if your aussie get some seasol goes great in dirt and is very n00b freindly your obisly gonna need more lights soon so start looking now and dont be too hasty like above metioned learn from first grow and its fuckibg fun

urapocalypse

if your aussie get some seasol goes great in dirt and is very n00b freindly your obisly gonna need more lights soon so start looking now and dont be too hasty like above metioned learn from first grow and its fuckibg fun

yeh im aussie from brisbane so thanks for that tip ill be looking for more lights friday - saturday
if you have any suggestions as to lights cfls or tubes preffered as to keep elec bill down as much as possible that would be great...
but any way seeming i have just gotten home from work and have been able to check my lovely plant its has sped up with its growing and i am just able to see the very start of the 3rd leaves and the round leaves are yellowing :dance013:

urapocalypse

okk parents changed their minds as to me growing so this shall be a very early end to the fun yet i shall be giving the plant to a good friend that already grows so its life shall continue.