What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sativa landrace from Astrakhan, Russia

[db]

southflorida, i grow only outdoor now. Seeking for suitable strains for my latitude(55'N) Check my 2007 grow with canadian BC Bud Depot strains: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=78175 This year i'll try dannish genetics.
The photos of Astrakhanians were taken during the trip to Astrakhan for several days. They were ready to harvest. Plants look thin, but i think they may be little more bushy if fertilized.
THX for recommendation, I'll grow Amnesia Haze sometime later when will be able to grow indoor!

southflorida

lives on planet 4:20
Veteran
db, i checked out your thread, awesome shit, incredible how that snow is on top of the buds, and I especially like the photo where there is that Russian Pechka, my grandfather has one of this on his Hutor.

by the way congradulations on the Russian Hockey team victory over the Canadians, it was a real miracle, since I am Russian also, when they won I screamed so loud and was so happy, that my dogs freaked out and wouldn't stop barking at me for half an hour

anyway, how is that smoke you grew for yourself, how is the high?

do you also have problems getting good weed around Moscow like we do in Latvia?

once again, awesome plants and photos, till next time, SF...out

[db]

southflorida, thanks bro!
I've just smoked off my 07 outdor harvest yesterday!:) If to compare the prices on weed here i've economized about 4500$ so i'm happy to smoke what i grow:)

There are a few dutch strains that may ripen around Moscow: Durban Poison, Passion#1, Widow Skunk, several purple strains like Shaman, Purple power.

southflorida

lives on planet 4:20
Veteran
damn db, that is a lot of money you saved, but from what I know, since I have a few relatives living in Moscow, life there is very expensive, but it is possible to get a really good job paying enough money to live well, even in Moscow

another thing is Russia, in comparison to many of the European countries is well off financially, and the real estate crash in the rest of the world did not effect its real estate market and prices

by the way, you write in very good English, you also must have lived and spoken english somewhere, as I have, am I right?

later bro, good luck with your growing outside this year....SF

chlodek

db, so what prices are in Moscow now? I'm going there in the summer for a month... and is there any possibility to swap with the seeds with me?

Last edited:

strained

well ive talked to some people over at planet ganja who have trade beans with this guy for his "landrace sativas" and they grew them out only to find that they were basically hemp. feral hemp isnt worth the time,effort,or money

[db]

strained, whom r u talkink about? i haven't sold a single seed of astrakhanian sativa ever, i send them for free or change for another seeds. I smoked plants on photo and the were potent!
I don't know what seeds have found guys from planetganja.
I've heard that some people say that Altai sativa is a hemp, and it can be so,
but i don't have this seeds. Astrakhanians are potent. Plants looks different then hemp. Hemp used for producing fiber, they fatter and smells similar to LR#2.

Last edited:

strained

"The guy is full of shit.he is just trying to get you to send something decent his way.Then he knocks it off and sells it to all the Russians......BEWARE! I sent him some excellent Afgani landrace and I now find from others in Russia that he is claiming it as his own.

Usual seedy bullshit.

And it really is crappy hemp that he is offering.Cost me six months of a 4 light room to find out."

this was a user at cannabis world

[db]

HAHAHA! Total bullshit. Just add six month to the date when i started this topic :)

I keep my karma clean and avaliability to spread local landrace genetics for breeding is the way to uplift it.

Maybe this story is true but it's not about me. There are approx. 140 millions of russians on the planet.
Let this bullshitter to came here and repeat his words here and on english section of main russian growers' forum (olk-peace.org I've known here under same nickname and same avatar) Let him post his blame personally.

I didn't recieve any Afgani seeds but i'd like to!:)

well ive talked to some people over at planet ganja who have trade beans with this guy for his "landrace sativas"
The search on this forum with the word "Astrakh*" displays the single result about Astrkhan sheep:)

I'm very much surprised with your post.
strained remember our chat in pm, i even refused to get money for the seeds.

Peace

Last edited:

Ed Borg

Greetings, If you like pure Sativa landraces, perhaps try the Mekong Haze. Many months of patience required! Cheers, Ed

[db]

region description

region description

Here is some media about the region of the landrace.
Russian folk.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=NK1RuVCtjQc
Video of popular kazak song (since end of 18th century) performed by Kuban Cossacks Chorus in Krasnodar.
800px-Map_of_Russia_-_Krasnodar_Krai_%282008-03%29.svg.png

Another good russian NewAge/Folk song "Ivan Kupala - Kostroma", - remastered old song about Slavonian pagan culture:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=E_0j_38Tda0

Last edited:

Carabas

Без обид, но жиденько как-то
Чего-то я не понял - толи срубил рано, или условия нефонтанские были, толи сам лендрейс такой (в чем я сомневаюсь, ибо видел тамошние деревья)

Puffster

extremely interesting strain, do you know if there are more russian \ eastern european narcotic landraces that perhaps grows even further north?

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
EXCELLENT PICS DB ! Thanks for sharing !

Could these be the remnants of the strains that were once grown for the fiber in these areas hundreds, thousands of years ago? While not exactly hemp, not sativa either. I have a gut feeling that all cannabis used to look like this before it was selected by man. It kinda resembles the wild strains from eastern europ

Astrakhan is actually on the northernmost frings of Caucasus, which is a particular source of cannabis genetics, along with the steppes of Eastern Europe. Early migrations of Caucasian people towards Central Asia (Altai, Tarim bassin) travelled through this area, bringin with themt wheat & other cereal of caucasian/fertile crescent origins, and cannabis has probably been part of the stock.
It's interesting to note the Astrakhan has been a mongol Khanat, in 15th & 16t century, whic had emerged from the Golden Horde invasions.
AS a matter of fact there are lots of people of Mongol origin overthere, BUddhism as well and who knows, maybe some Mongol cannabis found his way back to Caucasus through the invasions, eh ?

It is said that flowering at 46.2'N lat (Astrakhan) starts at 8th of September.
I strongly doubt that local landraces start flowering that late, forget the calculator

Irie !

Latest posts

Latest posts