What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New sheriff busting in Riverside county

EsterEssence

Veteran
The new sheriff decided to spend 420 busting big grows in Riverside county. This guy is going to make it difficult for all the folks that have put up big greenhouses and large outdoor grows. Ordinance 925 is in place for 24 plants allowed per parcel with two recommendations. Be careful out there...

h.h.

Veteran
A new sheriff in town.
I see they're building a huge facility near DHS. You rent a space to grow.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
FBI protects corporate interests sounds like they have a sheriff prepared to do the same

Sunshineinabag

You guys used to be able to pull the spoiled apples out of the bushel before they ruined the entire crop SORTA SPEAK! Very sad to see such knuckle headedry being brought about.....and to think of the energy they put into planting those being put into a legal grow......very misdirected to me!

EsterEssence

Veteran
A lot of people have moved into the area to set up massive greenhouses, they look like blimps at night all lit up. Unfortunately they have brought way to much attention to this area, some are misusing the water and spraying who knows what on it. It is making it tough on us old timers trying to follow an organic medical product. Some don’t get the males so there is pollen in the air. I have a feeling there’s going to be a lot of sheriff activity out here...

Lyfespan

A lot of people have moved into the area to set up massive greenhouses, they look like blimps at night all lit up. Unfortunately they have brought way to much attention to this area, some are misusing the water and spraying who knows what on it. It is making it tough on us old timers trying to follow an organic medical product. Some don’t get the males so there is pollen in the air. I have a feeling there’s going to be a lot of sheriff activity out here...

there is a certain group just fucking it up with all their beautiful practices. lowkey is still the way people.

EsterEssence

Veteran
There is a huge bust going on out here today, 600 cops, National Guard, road blocks, 80 search warrants.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Guess they aren't playing around. "Legalization" doesn't sound very legal to me if people are still getting rounded up and put in cages.

Seems like we've gone backwards. Stay underground and tell no one. The old rules still apply.

dank.Frank

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Guess they aren't playing around. "Legalization" doesn't sound very legal to me if people are still getting rounded up and put in cages.

Seems like we've gone backwards. Stay underground and tell no one. The old rules still apply.
dank.Frank

Exactly, I was once excited to see legalization but after seeing what happens I would just rather stay black market.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I live near there. I thought it was a misdemeanor now for growing over the limit? I had heard of a woman that had a warehouse or two of plants with houses also stuffed with plants. She was up for a misdemeanor if I remember.

Beats the hell out of medical though, that was shit imo. They knew I grew (tiny personal) and visited me twice in the middle of the night, 'emergency call'. Luckily I stay up into the morning hours or it would have been worse at 1 am.

Hauled off two people for medical pot also haveing firearms in the house. Riverside. Some other local areas were or are, terrible for growers.

EsterEssence

Veteran
They came in yesterday and made a show of force. Too many people moved here to grow, they thought they could grow all they wanted. Some folks just bought land put on a water tank bought water, and started growing, no toilets, nothing. Growing outdoors or in huge greenhouses, spraying who knows what on it. If they would have just grown 24 medical until the licenses were worked out there wouldn’t have been a problem, but they were blinded by greed, a new sheriff was elected who doesn’t like cannabis and so they came. They only arrested 12 people who probably had other warrants. They flew right over me a couple days ago saw nothing and left me alone. I am only going to grow 24 organic plants and comply with the rules. I don’t need more than 24, I need a good night sleep not thinking about getting my gate broken down and door kicked in...

White Beard

Previous control efforts having failed so consistently, the solution must be to control it differently now. The difference between this and “legal” is the difference between free and leashed

EsterEssence

Veteran
I saw a news story about it, there was a shooting on Tuesday night and the guy got dropped off at the fire department and died, they are linking it to the bust saying that murder was involved. I can’t speak as to wether it was linked or not but they are making it sound like it was part of the evil cannabis grows, I can’t believe refer madness still exists.

EsterEssence

Veteran
Now I am hearing the bastards are coming back, they are busting through peoples gates, breaking into houses if you aren’t home, taking even small med grows 24 plants which is legal with the correct paperwork. I heard one place had a greenhouse, they broke down the gate, and there was nothing there hadn’t been used in a couple of years, and they said there was grow equipment to justify ramming down their gate. I have’t been paranoid in years now I don’t know what to do. I have patients who rely on me, and I’m not sure I am going to do.

EsterEssence

Veteran
Well they are back making military style raids. A friend of my neighbor asked them about small medical grows, hemp grows. The answer he got was we are going to make our raids and they can work it out in court. This sucks but as I said before it’s both sides fault, too many greenhouses, and way to aggressive law enforcement. I hate the thought of them coming in and taking my plants, I’m too old for this kind of shit...

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Now I am hearing the bastards are coming back, they are busting through peoples gates, breaking into houses if you aren’t home, taking even small med grows 24 plants which is legal with the correct paperwork. I heard one place had a greenhouse, they broke down the gate, and there was nothing there hadn’t been used in a couple of years, and they said there was grow equipment to justify ramming down their gate. I have’t been paranoid in years now I don’t know what to do. I have patients who rely on me, and I’m not sure I am going to do.

Post copies of your documents on the door to your room. Get a small Security camera. Download Call Recoder for your smartphone. Call them up and tell them you are licensed and in compliance. "Calling just in case your guys go busting stuff if they come over". Try to get your grow space certified or documented by an independent party first.
Document document document.

If they damage shit, sue the fuckers.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing

dank.Frank
Old rules for here also. They're shutting people down and pulling the licenses (ned too) for a single plant over the count. There was a time when they'd just tell you to pull it up.

EsterEssence

Veteran
They are doing what they call marijuana Monday’s busting every Monday I have my med papers, only 21 plants, I’m allowed 24. It still sucks at my age to be thinking the cops can invade my space, for a few cannabis plants that truly are made into medication for ptsd, and cancer patients.