What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TripleBerry F2 and relatives grow

hyposomniac

Here is a tripleberry.. this was 1 of 4 females, all different

Pure berry pheno.. truly a blueberry smell.
picture.php

Gashira

How are they smellin?? Did you purchase from HD?

The one with the purple has a skunk and berry smell, more skunk on the stem rub. Not the most useful description but it also seems to still be developing as the smell seems to be developing towards a sweeter end.

The other started as a lemon candy smell and seems to be getting more astringent as it progresses. Stem rub I would describe as more general citrus.

Yes, I grabbed a pack from HD and thought it was a cool project! The detailed description helped as I didn't find this thread till after :)

browntrout

Veteran
The one with the purple has a skunk and berry smell, more skunk on the stem rub. Not the most useful description but it also seems to still be developing as the smell seems to be developing towards a sweeter end.

The other started as a lemon candy smell and seems to be getting more astringent as it progresses. Stem rub I would describe as more general citrus.

Yes, I grabbed a pack from HD and thought it was a cool project! The detailed description helped as I didn't find this thread till after :)

Awesome man! There’s everything in there, all nice in their own way.

browntrout

Veteran
Here is a tripleberry.. this was 1 of 4 females, all different

Pure berry pheno.. truly a blueberry smell.
View Image

That looks great! Bet she would do well from clone, especially outdoors. I would say she leans back to the MOB. The structure definitely has some BB & PCK/DP in it. Great find! Great thing about the purple phenos in this line is the taste, much sweeter and much more flavourful than other purple strains IMO.

hyposomniac

That looks great! Bet she would do well from clone, especially outdoors. I would say she leans back to the MOB. The structure definitely has some BB & PCK/DP in it. Great find! Great thing about the purple phenos in this line is the taste, much sweeter and much more flavourful than other purple strains IMO.

Here's another one..
picture.php

picture.php

This one finished up with very dark purple flowers, but barely purple on the leaves. Faded a little early, my fault, she went a pretty long time.. All 4 went to 80+ days of 12 12.. but. considering 14-20 days of transition, I consider this normal for most varieties I've grown. Ill look up exact numbers and upload later pictures.
Kind of an anise and berry thing, with a little something extra happening in the cured bud. I still have a nice bud, over a year old, and still smells good. In fact I have the skeleton of the plant still sitting around in the house with popcorn buds on it, they still smell fresh a year after harvest when I pick them off.. Reminds me of thai

browntrout

Veteran
Here's another one..
View Image

View Image

This one finished up with very dark purple flowers, but barely purple on the leaves. Faded a little early, my fault, she went a pretty long time.. All 4 went to 80+ days of 12 12.. but. considering 14-20 days of transition, I consider this normal for most varieties I've grown. Ill look up exact numbers and upload later pictures.
Kind of an anise and berry thing, with a little something extra happening in the cured bud. I still have a nice bud, over a year old, and still smells good. In fact I have the skeleton of the plant still sitting around in the house with popcorn buds on it, they still smell fresh a year after harvest when I pick them off.. Reminds me of thai

That one looks like she’s leaning back to the Durban/PCK, especially if your reporting a lasting pronounced aromas of anise.
I’ve never had one go past 60 days bro. What setup are you using? What kind of lights?

hyposomniac

That one looks like she’s leaning back to the Durban/PCK, especially if your reporting a lasting pronounced aromas of anise.
I’ve never had one go past 60 days bro. What setup are you using? What kind of lights?

Ill get to that, but for now, ill tell you about another pheno, and its s1 that was grown outside.
pheno 4, similar structure to the durban /pck above but less purple. Pine, berry, Flintstones vitamins, menthol smell and pretty decent taste. My uncle found a seed in a bud of this and grew it outside on his very nice soil.
Same as mom, with fatter buds like pheno 5 (the potatobud, pics soon).
I just got a jar of it as a gift, almost 2 months cured .. the taste is outta sight. Real nice exotic wood flavor, and forest freshness, but in the taste, not the smell of the smoke like a haze or bubba.

browntrout

Veteran
Ill get to that, but for now, ill tell you about another pheno, and its s1 that was grown outside.
pheno 4, similar structure to the durban /pck above but less purple. Pine, berry, Flintstones vitamins, menthol smell and pretty decent taste. My uncle found a seed in a bud of this and grew it outside on his very nice soil.
Same as mom, with fatter buds like pheno 5 (the potatobud, pics soon).
I just got a jar of it as a gift, almost 2 months cured .. the taste is outta sight. Real nice exotic wood flavor, and forest freshness, but in the taste, not the smell of the smoke like a haze or bubba.

Yes pics! Sounds amazing. So the seed found in the bud your sure is an s1? You had the TB Herm then? What happened there?

hyposomniac

Yes pics! Sounds amazing. So the seed found in the bud your sure is an s1? You had the TB Herm then? What happened there?

We're talking one or two seeds in a 4x4 grow, No visible herms.. I assumed it was s1 because of the resemblance, just guessing. But #4 x #5 seems possible.

picture.php

browntrout

Veteran
We're talking one or two seeds in a 4x4 grow, No visible herms.. I assumed it was s1 because of the resemblance, just guessing. But #4 x #5 seems possible.

View Image

Well that is something else...! What a frame. Being F2 I’m not sure where that is coming from but there are some starchy plants from the last BB in there. Perhaps the greenhouse is causing the taller frame.

Very interesting. It’s similar in some ways to my BB sativa I picked from 50 Tripleberry seeds. But in other ways quite different. Notable the buds look much more compact.

hyposomniac

Well that is something else...! What a frame. Being F2 I’m not sure where that is coming from but there are some starchy plants from the last BB in there. Perhaps the greenhouse is causing the taller frame.

Very interesting. It’s similar in some ways to my BB sativa I picked from 50 Tripleberry seeds. But in other ways quite different. Notable the buds look much more compact.
Bringing this back because someone liked a pic today.. What's the word on this strain? I would love to run more.

browntrout

Veteran
Bringing this back because someone liked a pic today.. What's the word on this strain? I would love to run more.

I went back to the mother side of tripleberry (LB) and have been working it into an outdoor blueberry. The mother side was everything to the tripleberry and the male side not lending much to the strain overall.

There was LB #1 and LB#2 mothers used in tripleberry, they have since been been bred together and the progeny sifted through and selected, then hybridized with Guerilla Gold #2 with great results and now backcrossed to LB1/2 mothers. I have not grown the backcrosses yet but expecting some stellar results. Not sure what to call it yet.

I still have lots of tripleberry seeds, I mostly didn’t like the herms that pop up in the line. Not an issue outdoors but indoors it can be a problem.

Latest posts

Latest posts