What's new

Aficionado Seed Collection - Mandlebrot's Royal Kush VIII

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
According to @meageneofmendocino it's been around NorCal for years.
Mandelbrot being the original breeder & Archive bringing it to the world.

I've not seen it available but that doesn't mean it isn't.

Dawe

I've seen a couple dispensaries in the Bay with their newer LVRK crosses in stock. I don't know if you're looking for the 8th gen specifically, but the original Royal Kush clone is also easy to acquire in the triangle. Also, there is a new company from Mandlebrot's family offering a lot of LVRK 9 crosses.

Hope you find what you're looking for!

JimmyToucan

Funny how seeds are priced higher than the clone.
The clone is everywhere.

*checks closet* I can confirm it's not everywhere. Lol.

Clones are great, but it's also nice to be able to choose your own out of a group, or select males and make some seeds if you so choose. Depends on your goals; if all you want is a female to run and you have access to it then a clone makes a ton of sense.

I know Bodhi is the easy layup when it comes to quality vs price, but the guy makes up for it by doing a shitload of sales, keeping hundreds great of varieties and making seed en masse. RSC has some cool gear but it's a bit wild and requires some work. Same with Mr. B's neirika stuff. The extra cash spent on a worked line may be worth it if it saves you just one generations worth of time, effort and space. At an effective cost of $200 for 15 seeds of their Oilspill BX5 it's a fair price for me.

If most people had the access of an avid collector or someone tight within certain circles you might not see the same prices. Oddly it's often the ones sitting on all kinds of cool shit that scoff at the prices of harder to acquire gear. Well you don't say.

What was criminal was Aficionado stealing Mandelbrots work, renaming it and then failing to pay the kickback promised. SHN selling the packs they paid Leo $250 for at an $800 price tag was the cherry on top.

I understand smaller or lesser known breeders or whatever getting upset at high prices while their affordable gear sits, although a lot of them are kinda shitty at marketing themselves. So many cases of "nice list, but where the hell are they?". Pics and/or at the least detailed descriptions of their offerings would go a long way. Selling direct helps keep cost to the customers lower but it comes at a price. It's tough when you aren't peddling the latest greatest what the rappers are smoking stuff, but I hope to see more of the lesser known stuff pop up. It sure helps my seed addiction.

I saw you had those Hawaiians a while back. I'd like to hear more about them if you get a chance. Anything like Hawaiian snow? Hard to lock down legit island heirlooms.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
*checks closet* I can confirm it's not everywhere. Lol.

Clones are great, but it's also nice to be able to choose your own out of a group, or select males and make some seeds if you so choose. Depends on your goals; if all you want is a female to run and you have access to it then a clone makes a ton of sense.

I know Bodhi is the easy layup when it comes to quality vs price, but the guy makes up for it by doing a shitload of sales, keeping hundreds great of varieties and making seed en masse. RSC has some cool gear but it's a bit wild and requires some work. Same with Mr. B's neirika stuff. The extra cash spent on a worked line may be worth it if it saves you just one generations worth of time, effort and space. At an effective cost of $200 for 15 seeds of their Oilspill BX5 it's a fair price for me.

If most people had the access of an avid collector or someone tight within certain circles you might not see the same prices. Oddly it's often the ones sitting on all kinds of cool shit that scoff at the prices of harder to acquire gear. Well you don't say.

What was criminal was Aficionado stealing Mandelbrots work, renaming it and then failing to pay the kickback promised. SHN selling the packs they paid Leo $250 for at an $800 price tag was the cherry on top.

I understand smaller or lesser known breeders or whatever getting upset at high prices while their affordable gear sits, although a lot of them are kinda shitty at marketing themselves. So many cases of "nice list, but where the hell are they?". Pics and/or at the least detailed descriptions of their offerings would go a long way. Selling direct helps keep cost to the customers lower but it comes at a price. It's tough when you aren't peddling the latest greatest what the rappers are smoking stuff, but I hope to see more of the lesser known stuff pop up. It sure helps my seed addiction.

I saw you had those Hawaiians a while back. I'd like to hear more about them if you get a chance. Anything like Hawaiian snow? Hard to lock down legit island heirlooms.

Good point about being able to work the line.

Yup. Those Hawaiians were epic. Blew my mind. They cam to me labeled “#101” along with other seeds from the 70’s and early 80’s — same source as the pre-Digiberry Blueberry; Mr. Blue.
I selected two females and a male.
Male was the purest Mexican Ive seen. Others who’ve worked with Mexis a lot agree.
The BLD/hybrid female was reminiscent of NL.
The NLD female looked like she could mother OG Kush if she were to be knocked up with a Hindu/Paki.
The NLD was my prefered smoke - electric but then very euphoric for hours.
The BLD smoke was not nacartic but very comfortable. Could still get work done but very chill about it.
Definitely a special heirloom line.
From the traits, I gather the makeup to be (Thai x Jamaican) x (Mexi x Affy).

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Variois pics from the females and male Hawaiian

Attachments

• A5CAA192-2ECF-4580-B174-FB59A8A988C9.jpg
    A5CAA192-2ECF-4580-B174-FB59A8A988C9.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 39
  • A286BA00-F034-47CA-931C-ED54BD63B0A9.jpg
    A286BA00-F034-47CA-931C-ED54BD63B0A9.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 120393D1-D17A-4630-A214-24AD424BFD09.jpg
    120393D1-D17A-4630-A214-24AD424BFD09.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 30
  • BFC88F58-9FD0-4D56-8DB4-83687EE23AF6.jpg
    BFC88F58-9FD0-4D56-8DB4-83687EE23AF6.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 33

JimmyToucan

Good point about being able to work the line.

Yup. Those Hawaiians were epic. Blew my mind. They cam to me labeled “#101” along with other seeds from the 70’s and early 80’s — same source as the pre-Digiberry Blueberry; Mr. Blue.
I selected two females and a male.
Male was the purest Mexican Ive seen. Others who’ve worked with Mexis a lot agree.
The BLD/hybrid female was reminiscent of NL.
The NLD female looked like she could mother OG Kush if she were to be knocked up with a Hindu/Paki.
The NLD was my prefered smoke - electric but then very euphoric for hours.
The BLD smoke was not nacartic but very comfortable. Could still get work done but very chill about it.
Definitely a special heirloom line.
From the traits, I gather the makeup to be (Thai x Jamaican) x (Mexi x Affy).

Great info, thank you. I enjoy those BLD's that you don't have to wait until late in the day to partake in. Both sides sound great; the lineage is an interesting puzzle. Hoping to dig into some central American And Thai varieties this summer.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
My connection to Nicaragua turned out to be rife with espionage BS, so im always looking for good Nica genetics. Same with Equadorian genetics.

The Punto Roja x Tom Hill Haze I grew last year were very impressive Nd Im eager to work the line - there’s definitely 30+ weekers in there to be found. And that’s the pentultimate Colombian to me.

At the Cup, Bodhi shared a big bud of NLd Afghan. It was very relaxing to the mind yet left the body alone, so no lethargy and no narcotic effect. Great for tripping.
Theres so many heavy narcotic strains, I like Bubba, Headband, and Starfighter for that. So its nice to come across special BLD lines.

Latest posts

Latest posts