What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

my lady is sick I dont know what to do

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
small DWC with clone.
what looks wrong with her?
picture.php

she was growing well until 2 days ago.
been feeding her some bio thrive grow 4-3-3. the ph has been 6.8 to 7.2 there about. which is what I been told is a good ph for DWC. I feed her with 1 teaspoon of the grow formula to 1 gallon of water. I don't know if that's the right amount or not, but the roots look nice and healthy.

what would you try to fix the problem? I changed the water last night and re fed her same as before hoping that would help but doesn't seem to be working.

Big-Narstie

I'm not 100% sure on the PH in DWC.. but Im sure if your running Chem nutrients wouldn't a PH of 5.8 range would be better for the roots?

I know ur not a rookie so Im confused now. I need to read about this DWC ph subject.

Good luck.

Peace✌️

Budley Doright

Veteran
I don't know if that's the right amount or not
========================================

Of course you hit the nail right on the head......

I went and did a little reading on your fert....and you are 100% right....

you dont know if its the right amount or not....

BagAppeal

How many weeks its been in the dwc? Has it been flushed with clean water for a day between water changes? Is it in a separate bucket with air stone or in a circulating system? Why is the ph so high, ideally 5,6-5,8 and up to 6 should be more than enough.is one teaspoon per gallon what the blend your using is recommending? many times you can use half, or even a quarter of recommended to start with? Many questions?
Another thing I would do is attach a small living environment for bacteria culture you want. You just need a small container with some lava rocks in it for habitat that recycles water from your dwc. This is very effective against many problems once you have the culture established

Hope this can be of some help..

All the best

BagAppeal

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Yep just drop your pH to 5.8 and give her some veg food and she will be back in action in no time. A foliar of veg nutes would speed up the process some as well.

Good luck!

DJXX

Veteran
peek at the roots...make sure they aren't slimey...what is the temps in the solution..DJXX

Budley Doright

Veteran
SInce you didnt read the directions.....

you are probably unaware you are supposed to use cal mag with this stuff???

There are other tidbits of info .....

There is an old saying....if all else fails....

read the directions.....

smh.....

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
ok so I added the cal-mag and re fixed the ph to 5.9. now I wait and see what happens. thx for the info

jedi5891

It looks like nutrient lock out due to incorrect ph levels. Aim for 5.8 in Hydro with the temperature of 21c.
The plant looks deficient in Calcium Magnesium, try adding some Cal Mag to the feed and hopefully you'll see an improvement. Good luck

Budley Doright

Veteran
ok so I added the cal-mag and re fixed the ph to 5.9. now I wait and see what happens. thx for the info

You still arent following the directions....

you are still underfeeding your plants....

You must increase as your plants get larger....and you were underfeeding to start......

There are certainly more simple nutrients that you should consider......

Dion

as others have said it looks like a deficiecny

also they look overwatered- do u have enough aeration?(u do have an airpump right?) i hope you are not top watering

is there an airgap between the net pot and the water level?

does it smell funky?

is it slimey?

do you have a ppm meter? if not ppm=part per million so 1ml per litre= 1000 ppm

the browning tips def looks like root issues

Big-Narstie

Lol but the main problem was PH wich inturn has created other problems. Any way 5.9 would be better than 7. Small step in the right direction hehe <--- take away the d. &#55357;&#56396;&#55357;&#56397; <--- cheap night!

Budley Doright

Veteran
Lol but the main problem was PH wich inturn has created other problems. Any way 5.9 would be better than 7. Small step in the right direction hehe <--- take away the d. ���� <--- cheap night!

Have you read the directions???/

Maybe you can quote what ph the company recommends????

IMO.... neither of you two have bothered to read the directions for this product....

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
1 tsp pr gallon is weak since they say 2 tsp is light feeding and since u are using DWC that means u should also be using Cal/mag which u are not. what did u do bro just go buy a bottle of it and just take a wild guess on what and how much u should feed her? anyways here is the directions for biothrive:
Usage:
For Potting Mixes:
Light Feeding:
Add 2 teaspoons of BioThrive Grow per
gallon of water with every watering
Heavy Feeding:
Add 4 teaspoons of BioThrive Grow per
gallon of water with every watering. If using
soils low in calcium, coir, perlite, rock wool
or any sterile media, we recommend that
you include CaMg+ for best results.
For Hydroponics:
Add 2-4 teaspoons of BioThrive Grow per
gallon of water for every nutrient change.
Keep nutrient solution aerated with coarse
bubble. For hydroponic culture, it is
recommended to use CaMg+, in addition to
BioThrive Grow and Bloom.