What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CSI: HUMBOLDT - Mendocino Purple Urkle

billycw

Veteran
So the story of purple goes...
"Purple, the name and the colour, comes from a dye made from the mucus glands of a tropical sea snail, the murex (porphyra in Greek, purpura in Latin). This discovery is attributed to the Phoenician god Heracles, the guardian deity of the city of Tyre. One day his dog bit into a murex shell and its mouth immediately turned purple. His companion, the beautiful nymph Tyrus, declared she would sleep with the god only if he dyed her a garment in the same shade. Heracles obliged and the famous Tyrian purple dye was born."

That moment portrayed in a 1636 Painting by Baroque painter Peter Paul Rubens here.
picture.php

The Phoenicians were the first to have and lust after Purple, even their name comes from purple- Phoenicia= Land of Purple. The Egyptians sought it, the Greeks revered it, the Romans hoarded it and now I'm looking for that Purple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkkIwO_X4i4

So in the hunt for Purple strains two have always caught my eye, Mendocino purple aka Purps and Purple urkle. Nspecta has been on the boards for years, always been honest and detailed in his stains. You do some digging on these two lines you are bound to see his pictures on the boards, like here.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=6214823&postcount=950

When Nspecta crossed these two together he made my decision easy, Mendocino Purple Urkle- Mendocino Purple(female) x Purple Urkle(reversed female).

picture.php

The Greeks had a verb for thinking deeply, "kalchaino" Meaning I search for the Purple fish. Thousands of years later I'm still searching for that Purple.

billycw

Veteran
picture.php

7 female seeds total, 4 26 days old and 3 16 days old. Nice fat leaves with deep serrations, all fairly slow vegging out of the gate.

Lets jump right in with a group shot then each individual.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

billycw

Veteran
Continued

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Feel free to post up any CSI:Humboldt gear here. I think Nspecta donated some beans to Stank Bros upcoming fundraiser drop here on Seedbay, if I'm not mistaken.

ForTheLove

Veteran
Yer!....I'm on this grow show like a fly to shit:D.....Um sub'd

Been hunting alil while for Nspecta's gear, now i have found some i cant wait to buy & pop sumin!

This is going to be a very pretty & very purple show!:)....@billycw, all the best for this grow, fellow dank grower!

PLR&£

mellowfellow

Tomoka Smoka
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice chose. Getting some of the along with the purple dogbud and humboldt purple snow. Going to be some insane stuff coming from these lines.

MR_Falcon

Veteran
this should be a great show, good luck! can't wait to see some nspecta gear rockin'. I just got spooky, babu & backwoods bubba myself. :rtfo: subbed up.

billycw

Veteran
mellowfellow- had my eye on both those, would love to see some of those snow's grown out :)

RulaTone, theJointedOne, ForTheLove and Mister G - Thanks for tagging along for the show, should be a purple one.

NEW ENGLAND, MR_Falcon- for a long time forum member with legit genetics, I thought I would see more of Nspecta's gear around here by now. After seeing Green Dots finds I had to pop, had me at peanut butter and jelly pheno of game changer. Thanks for tagging along and Good luck with your packs.

Update in veg, All topped and cloned. Pretty slow growth but nice fat structure with even growth. Really have a plump type vibe and Digging the dark stems. Up potting and under the MH for more veg.

picture.php

I noticed a new drop at the Vault with CSI freebies attached including a pack I have on deck that I'm excited about Bubba's Girl.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Beautiful girls billycw,they look loved,and gonna love you right back.
They have that big fat 3 blade leaf structure of the urkle,and the slower veg growth.Well worth the extra couple of weeks though.

Can I ask if the clones rooted easily on them,all the best

billycw

Veteran
NEW ENGLAND- thanks, ya coming in dark and fat :) Clones had first roots poke through in 6-8 days not far behind the cali o x's they are with. Not bad at all, just a hair behind with no problems :)

billycw

Veteran
Little update
All 7 of these girls are going into flower this week, pretty slow veggers and wanted them decent size going in. All have a very nice deep stank already.

I was topping one of the clones #7 and noticed she bleeds purple(ok more red but still) :) Thinking we are going to see some nice purple ladies soon.

picture.php

picture.php

oti$

Could we get some full plant shots of the girls as they are going in to 12/12 mode? Im very interested in watching this one unfold:D

Heusinomics

Yer!....I'm on this grow show like a fly to shit:D.....Um sub'd

Been hunting alil while for Nspecta's gear, now i have found some i cant wait to buy & pop sumin!

This is going to be a very pretty & very purple show!:)....@billycw, all the best for this grow, fellow dank grower!

PLR&£

:yeahthats

I was topping one of the clones #7 and noticed she bleeds purple(ok more red but still) :) Thinking we are going to see some nice purple ladies soon.

View Image
View Image

Looks like I see some "DRAGONS BLOOD" flowing through those veins
Bodhi wd b super jealous....lol
He has put much work into a red blooded/juiced line.
Think hav herd of it coming up Iv never seen it.

I loved growing the purple erkel when I lived in Oregon!!
I never should hav let her go ... I jst got critical of its slow veg and got stupid...
Of all the x's out there these stand out to me as the possible best!
I hope you like how they turn out
I haven't forgiven myself for dropping her. So I would love to see those flowers again!!

Big ups respect and happy growing ; D

billycw

Veteran
Could we get some full plant shots of the girls as they are going in to 12/12 mode? Im very interested in watching this one unfold:D

Sure, I'll take some new ones when I throw them in. These are from a couple days ago to give you an idea. I'm seeing 2 expressions in the girls one cartoon like fat round leafs with spacing between node's, I'm guessing urkle dom. The other less round leaf's with tighter node spacing, I'm guessing mendo purp dom.

rounder leaf'd
picture.php

picture.php

More narrow girl
picture.php

picture.php

danksrb

really eager to see how these turn out.
your girls are looking real nice billycw
going to see some crazy purple :)