What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How does one deal with a "BAD" caregiver ?

E

emerald city

A while ago a friend had told me of his not so pleasent experience with a caregiver group.Long story short first time the "yet unnamed" cc group arrives they want him to sign paper work saying there his caregiver,2 forms of I.D and they drop a z of low grade medicine....2nd call for medication,call was made,a week or so later 2 guys show up with no warning after the 11:30 news saying something about brake problems and try to pon off 5 oz of some strange looking stuff for a high price.My buddy isnt to immpressed says"im only allowed 2.5 oz per 2 week period your giveing me to much and by the way i want to weight it....The 2 guys were a bit taken back that my bud had questioned them and stood up....He then weighted the smoke to find out it wasnt even a qp and the still want an extreamly high price...The 2 caregiver dudes were told to take thier swag and never return...:moon:.....Today i get a call from my bud again telling me the same caregiver group is back in "OUR" town and a client[friend of a friend] is complaining they[caregiver group] are taking him to the cleaners, he feals intimidated and dont know what to do about the situation.....We dig a bit further and find the same cc group a couple towns overs takeing advantage of a single mom with little choice and no one to clue her in on how unprofessional the situation is........What do we do??
This specific care giver group is out in the lite of day claiming to be helping the patients of maine when in reality they are taking advantage ,intimidateing and robbing sick patients of maine....The man behind the sceene is working with the state o maine to create the law while behind the curtain his little gang of caregivers are breaking every law and code of ethics in the book for the sake of profit....What are we to do ?????
My old scholl honor says,even tho i know the names of the players" I WOULD NOT ever narc on nobody never.".I'd love to out this quasi legal marijuana group before any other mainer falls victem to their B.S ......
I will post a copy a little later of grievences that the "client" who complained wrote up, so other s could read and be aware...Stuff like;
Very unprofessional,drinking,causeing harm to his home ,disregard for the law,caregivers even told him they would make him a millionaire.When the caregivers came and cut and took the crop ,he was left with a 500 dollar electric bill and no medicine.
Susposedly the cc group are coming back to our small sleeply little town to collect thier equipment from their client or they say if he causes trouble they will turn him in to the local police...What are we to do ??? Not good P.R for a group that claims to be working for some of the NAME players in the maine medical marijuana sceene,thier leaflets are at many doctors offices....Maybe thats why we cant get any press coverage over the issue as the state would look really bad being in bed with them so to speak.......rant over for now ,but still steaming.
E.C/out

BlackBart

Veteran
There not caregivers there just thugs looking to make a buck ! These are the kind of people who give us legit caregivers a bad name .

E

emerald city

Here is a copy of the note given to my buddy by the "client" of the bad caregiver group of which i speak....I was brought in as a patient advocate...Sorry about the sizing most computers should be able to zoom in and read...Thanks for yor support.

Attachments

• scan.jpg
    scan.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 8
E

emerald city

This specific caregiver group ^^ is praying on "new" medical marijuana patient.Folks who have none or not much education in marijuana culture or ethic's...Offering to help folks grow thier own medicine when in reality making them sign worthless contracts that ammount to them owning your soul or at least your grow room and its procedes... when you realize whats happening and want out,they leave you holding the bag on a "ILLEGAL" grow operation....
People of maine beware ,were hearing many stories of greed from many sourses,not just the one ive mentioned in this post.... patient,caregivers and potential dispenserys owners alike who are being targeted as maines next cash crop.......take away thier power and grow you own, your SELF.....There are plenty of kind mainers who will help....E.C/out

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
dude get a new fucking caregiver...

First off you do not know these guys yet you let them setup a grow in your house? I just have to say wow thats nuts. These guys are about money. If its in your house can you not grow your own?

maybe i dont know buy i would go online and find a new caregiver do a change of caregiver form. find someone that grows it them selfs and sells it to ya. or go half in on a rental and split whatever you are trying to do.

crazy if you ask me.

boroboro

Thanks for putting that story out here emerald_city, sorry to hear of your friend's troubles. I'm a caregiver in another state that has also recently enacted medical cannabis legislation. Unethical caregivers are rampant here. The more common scheme here, though, is to first get signed up as a legal caregiver for the legal grow, grown at the caregiver's house. Then all the product is sold off on the street, the caregivers move and drop their phones, and the original patient never gets anything.

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
wow thats crazy shit i wonder how many pieces of shit are doing this to patients....
I would shoot em.

E

emerald city

Sad part is lots of folks either getting into the legit M.J business or new patients have no prior experience in the marijuana culture....They pick up a brochure at a dr's office and think it all legal and professional and sometimes it aint...THEY have no way of recognizing the fact thier getting taken over the legal line.......It just burns me when some of us have worked hard at changing an old sterotype of marijuana= bad and just as it becomes somewhat legal for us maine patients,outside interests are trying to take control and manipulate the situation on both sides.......end of rant....really...E.C

SmilinBob

Don't open the door.

Tiny video cameras to catch them breaking the law.

Hire a Private investigator.

Get a big hairy guy to beat the crap out of them.

Any of those options will help. All of them combined insured they go away for good. :tiphat:

E

emerald city

This was how we decided to deal tonite;
We sent a couple reps to the'yet unnamed caregiver" groups meeting/bq being held TONITE of all nites..[ ironic ? ] ...[Imagine that, we even got an invitation,how [karmatic].....Not looking to rain on thier parade ,just trying to suggest a more socialy conscious business model......or at least put upper management on notice and make them aware on how "his" subcontractors are behaveing......to be continued-

G

Guywithoutajeep

thats awful dude

i had a crappy one at first, but i sent him certified one line letter and our deal was over

caregivers are retarded out in Colorado too, there's only one dispensary that I have found out here that is both fair and honest

E

emerald city

When we all have easy access to various breeds of clones, the patients of maine will finally win and easiely be able to take care of thier own needs ..not at the mercy of an unprofessional caregiver.... besides "the plant" what else do we need that we cant get from a multiple of other sourses??

E

emerald city

This was how we decided to deal tonite;
We sent a couple reps to the'yet unnamed caregiver" groups meeting/bq being held TONITE of all nites..[ ironic ? ] ...[Imagine that, we even got an invitation,how [karmatic].....Not looking to rain on thier parade ,just trying to suggest a more socialy conscious business model......or at least put upper management on notice and make them aware on how "his" subcontractors are behaveing......to be continued-
The meeting last night was publicly advertised as "the cow pasture network meeting for potential caregivers" speaking on thier behalf was jonathan leavitt director of marijuana policy initiative....He was out in a public forum [vfw hall,in paris maine]answering questions,Therefore i have no quams of publishing the account...
Open letter/note from last's nite meeting,as quoted from our rep will be posted shortly ....
Today other medical M.J patients from our sleeply little town gathered at the upset "client's " home,waiting for the cowpatty crew to come pick up the equipment,settle up and tell them they aint welcome in our town if thats how thier going to do business,they come in offering quasi legit umbrulla of safety to a new naieve patient to end up taking over his home and property and creating a grow way outa controll .Changing agreements saying they deserve a bigger percentage....
This is not the defination of caregiver that we believe in and this type of behavior will NOT be tolerate in our town....E.C :ying:

H

highsteppa

Sorry to hear this happened, sounds awful. Can't imagine these guys growing good medicine. Glad to see that the patient didn't tolerate it and the locals getting together to make a stand against these fakes.

E

emerald city

To put an end on this story ,let me say this.
We will not publish the notes/public letter that was drawn up by a member in attendance at the earlier meeting,as in the end the situation has been resolved, and we have no further interest in fanning the flames of discontent....
The caregiver group did finally show up for a meeting with the upset client.The caregiver group[a independant subcontract group working on behalf of cowpasture caregiver's] met for 4 hours with the client to smooth out any miscommunication's they had with each other.By the sessions end both partys had peace-ably agree'd to part ways..

the end .:tiphat: