What's new

Want to know wats the best way to make 5 Kilos outdoor weed into honey oiL???

loke

hi i want to make 5 kilos of outdoor weed into honey oil but i dont know whats the best way to do it? whats the best way to do honey oil when u have lots of weed or shake(15 pounds)?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There's only one way to make BHO that's why its called BHO. Since you have so much product you need to make a better extraction device. There are a few on the market I use OKEIF single chamber. They do have a triple chamber. You will need allot of butane that's going to be a bit pricey. good luck make it outdoors always. Please post pics of the process and end product

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Maybe you should train a bit with smaller quantities, so as not to waste your whole stock, or blow yourself up the wrong way...

Just my 2 cents...

Irie !

G

good drown

i have the large okief tube, it fits like 5-6 ounces or something.
but i would suggest an inclosed system. each run in my okief is like 3-4 cans, or about $8

gunnaknow

There's only one way to make BHO that's why its called BHO.

He said honey oil not BHO. There are many ways to make honey oil, you don't have to use butane. Butane probably isn't the best choice for such a large amount, unless it's an enclosed system. Otherwise you'd be there forever, discharging can after can just to get the temperature of that much weed down to the point where the butane remained liquid. Putting the weed in the freezer beforehand would definately help in that instance. If you can't be bothered to set up an enclosed system, then choosing a less volatile nonpolar solvent, like HPLC grade N-pentane or N-hexane would be another option, if you can get it.

ZEROorDIE

or acetone in a big SS vat outside with a pour spout at the bottom.

i have no idea how or where you could purge it though

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I use 1-2# batches of trim to make alcohol hash, it would be easy (ish) to do larger ones though:

Large rubbermaid tub
1 gallon of SLX denatured alcohol per .25-.5 pound of trim/buds
Freeze alcohol
Put trim in tub
Pour alcohol over trim
Stir for 60-90 seconds
Start pouring the alcohol out through paper towel filters in a sieve or strainer
I use large baking dishes and fill them about 2/3 of the way with the alcohol/thc mix
I fit about 6 pans in my oven, open all the windows and turn exhaust fans on high
Bake at 200*F for 24 hours and then scrape up the oil, or just pour more alcohol mix into them until you're done and scrape it all up at the end.

If you want you could screen/filter all the alcohol mix into a second tub and just evaporate it off outside, but it will take a while and you'll want to keep a screen over it to keep bugs and dirt out. I usually get about an oz per qp of trim, burns clean, very gooey at room temp, and burns to a clean white ash. Knock you on your ass potent too.

gunnaknow

I wouldn't recommend using denatured alcohol, it often contains denaturants with high boiling points, to stop people from trying to redistill it. Pure ISO or acetone would be a better option than denatured ethanol, unless you are certain that the only denaturant added is methanol. SLX denatured alcohol contains the denaturant methyl isobutyl ketone, which has a boiling point of 117-118 °C. If using polar solvents on such a large amount, then you really want to strain it through a regular sieve or mesh first, before filtering through papers. Otherwise too many impurities would leach into the solvent by the time that you've filtered that much through papers.

boroboro

There was a guy here last year talking about doing solvent extractions in the field. As I recall, he said his routine was to haul out 30-50 gallons of solvent, and split it into two buckets or drums. Soak the fresh whole plants, first in one drum, then the other. Sounded like the first drum became the richer one with most of the extract, and the second drum was more of a rinse/final extract. I don't remember if he let the solvent evaporate in the field or hauled the whole mess back out.

It would be a bit hard to explain what you're doing in the bush with 50 gallons of solvent, but also hard to explain or hide hauling out hundreds of pounds of plants.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I wouldn't recommend using denatured alcohol, it often contains denaturants with high boiling points, to stop people from trying to redistill it. Pure ISO or acetone would be a better option than denatured ethanol, unless you are certain that the only denaturant added is methanol. SLX denatured alcohol contains the denaturant methyl isobutyl ketone, which has a boiling point of 117-118 °C. If using polar solvents on such a large amount, then you really want to strain it through a regular sieve or mesh first, before filtering through papers. Otherwise too many impurities would leach into the solvent by the time that you've filtered that much through papers.

Well, SLX is 95% methanol, 4.5% ethanol, and ~.5% ketones. All of these have low boiling points and get baked off quickly, or evaporate fine when left outside. Acetone is baad stuff, and more expensive than denatured, as is ISO. MIK evaporates at lower temps than the boiling point too, but 244*F for us USA folks will boil it if desired.

Since I bake off about a half gallon of SLX in a baking pan, say 5% of that is ketones, which is about 95ml of liquid, or around 3 oz. Not only would I notice if there was 3 oz of liquid in a pan, I usually get about 0.3 oz of total product out of said pan. Mathematically and physically impossible to have any ketones in the finished product.

I haven't found anything more practical or inexpensive to use for making large amounts of oil than SLX. $16 a gallon at Home Depot.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
WHAT SECTION of the depot, and its jsut called denatured alcohol slx? thanks

Paint section, near the acetone etc, yep SLX Denatured Alcohol, there's a good writeup on it in this very subforum.

Acetone is baad stuff,

Acetone is the organic compound with the formula (CH3)2CO. This colorless, mobile, flammable liquid is the simplest example of the ketones. Owing to the fact that acetone is miscible with water it serves as an important solvent in its own right, typically as the solvent of choice for cleaning purposes in the laboratory. More than 3 million tonnes are produced annually, mainly as a precursor to polymers.[2] Familiar household uses of acetone are as the active ingredient in nail polish remover and as paint thinner and sanitary cleaner/nail polish remover base. It is a common building block in organic chemistry.
Acetone is naturally produced and disposed of in the human body as a result of normal metabolic processes. Reproductive toxicity tests show that it has low potential to cause reproductive problems. In fact, the body naturally increases the level of acetone in pregnant women, nursing mothers and children because their higher energy requirements lead to higher levels of acetone production. The medical community is now using ketogenic diets that increase acetone in the body to reduce epileptic attacks in infants and children who suffer from recalcitrant refractory epilepsy.

Acetone is plenty fine to make hash oil, it also evaporates nicely.

Latest posts

Latest posts