What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

what kind of gps do you guys use to locate your gurilla grow

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
I have a garmin etrex legend h, its pretty sweet. the 100$ basic etrex would probably be fine tho

H

hulkbogan

Garmin eTrex.. I don't ever use it to mark my spots.. Mostly just use it so I don't get lost. It honestly doesn't work that well while walking around in the forest, the trees just block the signal. Unless you plan on hiking miles a compass works just as well and is way cheaper.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I try to stay the fuck away from anything GPS! Good advice for ya. ;)

Turn off your cellphone too!

H

hulkbogan

Are you that paranoid about cops? I never mark spots on my GPS.. just mark where I park so that if I do get hopelessly lost I have some peace of mind.

boroboro

I bought a cheapish Garmin GPS (Etrex, IIRC) recently, for other purposes. It was ~$150 US, the cheapest model offered with an improved antenna. Holds a signal MUCH better than my 10 year old Garmin would -- signal problems under the trees are rarely a problem.

As for security concerns, you don't have to mark the locations in the GPS permanently. Just use it to navigate manually to a location you have written down. And you don't have to write it down in a way that it's obviously a GPS location. It's not too hard to bury GPS coordinates in a list of numbers like a phone number list.

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
in some situations a gps is nice. I have a few spots that I only visit a few times a year. very thick woods/swamp. very difficult to navigate, especially in low light. plus it looks so different every time I go out. I don't want to be smashing around in there looking for them. I want to be in and out

I keep my gps tucked away until I need it. most people wouldn't have any idea what they were looking at if they did see it, not like I have it labeled "DOPE PLANTS HERE" I have stuff marked all over the place.

Mountaineer

Remove the battery from your cellphone until you really need it.
You can put some plastic between the battery and contacts
and let it stick out a little, then just pull to remove plastic and
have a functional phone for an emergency.

Cellphones constantly ping the towers whether they are turned on or off.
They can't ping the towers without a battery.

D.S. Toker. MD

Veteran
NONE

In order to mount a guerilla grow, a grower usually makes a great number of trips to the sight, even before planting.. First, to find the sight, then to return and prepare the soil, then to transplant, then to tend and ferts. My plants are in 8 different locations. They are 1 month old, a foot tall and ive been to each site at least 10 times.

2 rules:

1. If you dont know where you're plants are at , you're goint to have to stop the heavy drinking and xanax's.

2.You just cant burn a big fat one before heading out until you learn where youre going. Hell, smoking sensi star requires me to use caution when wandering around my own yard!

D

Darkstarlive

sensi star requires me to use caution when wandering around my own yard!

Better get a GPS for that..lol

hillbillybuds

If you can't find your grow spot than you should stay the hell out of the woods. I know this hick one time could not find his spot so he tied fishing line to a tree on the side of the road where he would park, 3 weeks before they where done he went to his spot and cops were waiting on him, LOL LOL ( no is not funny but ) that was like 15 years ago and he is still doing his time...... ( Oh i guess i will just tie this fishing line to this tree and than to my plant and i'm good to go ) LOL LOL LOL

hi guys, nice discussion, it depends where you live, if you live where i am...small country with dense population per square meter hehe its better to go to grow place only if its necessary, too much lazy rippers around...i know people who are on methanphetamin searching for easy crop, fuck off rippers... it happened to me several times i couldnt find my places, not in woods of course, but in cornfields which are all same lol and i can assure you i dont take any xanax lo lol...if theres month or two of nice rains, theres no necessity to go there i think...but then some gps is very useful i can assure you again hehe...damn cornfields!

i dont think police have time to catch guerilla growers here bigger problem is rippers, i said we are small country, i think that people from U.S. even cant imagine how small...so if you think you can grow 20-30+ plants here on one spot with irrigation system than police will find you easilly even without gps hehe...depends on where you live, here is gps ok...

p.s. just for fun, i also remember that one spot in woods was damaged by those famous alcohol woodrangers, they neede no gps lol...probably cannabis haters hehe, we have rippers(kids), police, board-guards in helicopters, woodrangers, woodcutters, even fishermen can destroy or rip your crop, thats why im not guerilla grower no more hehe and thats why i admire my bro EXODUS01

Latest posts

Latest posts