What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

firearms in the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

good drown

i know its not the best idea to have both, but what do you guys think? home invasions are on the up, and that's a very very scary thought, getting robbed while at home.
what do you guys think?
where i live is very liberal on guns, but not on green.

i have a hand gun and long gun(and 8 30rd mags) and thousands of rounds of ammo
please be kind, i do not hunt or kill any animals. these are solely to protect the family.
:joint:

MMAJAY

i know its not the best idea to have both, but what do you guys think? home invasions are on the up, and that's a very very scary thought, getting robbed while at home.
what do you guys think?
where i live is very liberal on guns, but not on green.

i have a hand gun and long gun(and 8 30rd mags) and thousands of rounds of ammo
please be kind, i do not hunt or kill any animals. these are solely to protect the family.
:joint:
What are you protecting your family from with thousands of rounds?? Your right gun and green will get you in more trouble than green alone hands down. You know leo will make a media frenzie haveing thousands of rounds. Your either a bad shot or waiting for some sort of civil war or you shoot competively and daily at that??

G

good drown

i target shoot for practice. its way cheaper buying ammo by the loose 1000s than boxes.
i can move the bulk ammo to another house and maybe a few mags.
its a combo of home protection, hobby and incase civil war.
should i move all excess ammo from the house and just keep the mags loaded?

SoloGro57

Handguns: asset or liability?

Handguns: asset or liability?

I grew up around guns. My dad started me out with a bow and arrow when I was strong enough to string the bow. Once he felt certain that I was able to appreciate the damage that fast-fllying projectiles can do I was trained on rifles and handguns.
I've also spent lots of time hanging out in emergency rooms. I have seen too many "unintended" tragedies caused by handguns. Kids get hold of guns and shoot themselves, siblings or playmates. Normally rational people make incredibly stupid decisions due to poor jugdgement, often exacerbated by intoxication, depression, or just good old fashioined stupidity. Don't take my word for this. Read the news.
I can appreciate your need for protection, but maybe you should consider locking up your guns and getting some security lights and a dog or two.
Have you done everything you can to protect your family short of endangering them and yourself by weapoinzing your home in these difficult times?

B

Big V

I think it's a bad Idea. I wouldn't want to be charged with felony manufacturing of a controled substance and then turn around and because I had guns the firearms shoot me straight up to a federal crime. Unless it's a family eirloom or a handgun or an obvious hunting rifle or shotgun (not a streetsweeper) I wouldn't risk it. Especially with 1000 rounds.

Nope, wouldn't do it...

G

Guest 18340

Growing+guns=very bad idea.
Especially considering the state your in...

washed up

I think all you really need is a well stashed but easily accessible pump shotgun for home defense, and to protect your garden from would be robbers. A thousand rounds is nothing. I have a case of reloads in my trunk for practice that I dwindle through in a week. I reload and have probably 10's of thousands of rounds. for every caliber I have.

MMAJAY

Remember 1 thing felony weapons possesion is a mo fo and you will get that rap if your growing and that alone will probably send you to the pokey . Growing is 1 thing but the gun will be a big high five for law enforcement because they know you will most likely do time. If your grow is legal thats a whole differant senario.

Squiggles

keep the hand gun mate and a few clips move the rest
u can only shoot one gun at a time
id also suggest a good boot knife, combat knife kept in places were they may come in handy but out of reach to little hands and that includes the handgun
and the dogs are good too although i would be devestaed if one of my girls copped it id much rather that than one of my kids

stay safe

G

good drown

thank you all for your informative posts.
so if i just have hand guns its cool? thats no problem. is a shotgun not good either? what guns make it worse? i can get a semi auto saiga shotgun that holds 12 rounds. if semi auto long guns make it bad, then is pump shotgun ok?
i would be willing to move my AR and 5.56 ammo to another house, but i want 2 guns.
1 in living room, 1 in bedroom. i dont want to move a gun every time i leave a room.
will any gun make it federal?
once again, thanks for not ripping me apart

Squiggles

im australian mate and im not sure on your rulings over the pond

handguns are good for close quarters protection 1 in the bedroom and 1 in the living room sounds like good idea if you are that seriously worried about your protection

automatic weapons mate you live in a seriously fucked up place if you need these, id move

G

good drown

i also forgot to add, no kids, yet
got dogs, but guns kill dogs easy

ddrew

Veteran
I'm going to throw out a couple of gun slogans that ring true for me.
I'd rather have my gun and not need it, then need my gun and not have it.
And I would rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6
I'll take my chances in court over my chances at home without one any day.

LlamaSchool

I'm not going to even try to engage in this debate but I do want to pop in to show support for those who understand the US tradition of trusting citizens with responsibility through the second amendment.

To quote another member here: "Keep your powder dry and your thumb green!"

One practical point is that if you have multiple residences or places to store your firearms, don't keep more than you need at your grow spot. I wouldn't want to keep more than one long gun, one pistol, and a few hundred rounds with me. Everything else can be stored off-site.

G

good drown

MOD: thanks for moving, my mistake on the previous location.
i would get another hand gun if i knew the long gun is going to get me in lots more trouble.
i can keep it elsewhere, but if its the same "trouble" having 1 hand gun+green and 1 hand gun , long gun,+green, ill keep them both

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts