What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

yellowing problem

I switched my plants into there flower room the other day and my light timer broke so I let them sit in there for 36 hours and pluged in a new timer...
I turned the light and timer on today first day of 12/12 and noticed all new growth and some old growth was very yellow to green....I flushed with clearex before putting them in 12/12 and have never used that product before so not sure if that somehow caused it?

temp,ph,humidity,are fine....Im using rockwool and running my ppms around 700

not sure what the problems are maybe nutrient def from flushing with the clearex? I cleaned my res out with diluted bleach but rinsed it out pretty good...maybe some bleach residue was left behind? any help would be appreciated im stressing.

M

mexilandrace

okay, so you put them in 36 hours of dark before the first 12 hours of light?

It's pretty normal for the growth in an extended dark time to be lighter in color.

I am figuring you put flower nutes in the rez before the 36 hrs?

first couple weeks is still good idea to keep the grow nutes going to give them some power for the stretch.

I guess I am only seeing half the picture based on what you wrote?

if all you are worried about is the light color growth, like I said, extended dark periods tend to do that, the plant doesn't have any light to power the Chlorophyll and that's where the green comes from in the first place.

Thanks for the reply mexilandrace!! Yes the only problem is the light yellowing of the leaves, I didnt know that extended dark periods would do that..do you think the green will come back or will it just comeback in new growth?
yes i put the flower nutes in before the timer went out, I have heared it's better to run veg nutes for the first week or 2 of bloom just havent got around to doing it.
will the yellowing get better in 24 hours or more like a couple days? Thanks

L

lysol

It will most likely not re-green. Not like it matters though, your plant doesnt care what color it is, the yellowing is indication the plant is [ trying to ] photosynthesize which is good, make sure they get light and it'll grow back stronger than before ;-)

M

mexilandrace

nah they come back green, it's like if you leave a seedling in the dark when it pops and the plant grows but is kinda yellow until you put it under light.

should look much better after a day or two.

Latest posts

Latest posts