What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

rodents

can anyone tell what is chewing up my plants. It started with the bark being chewed at the base and now the whole plant is being destroyed. I put up a fence and sprayed with pepper spray but the animals keep chewing
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
I put out rat poison today, I can not see any tracks from the critters and the ground is really wet so there should be some kind of tracks

relief

Could be rabbits, but it very well could be rodents. I've lost a lot of seedlings to rats.

M

mexilandrace

okay, you put rat poison in the vicinity of your pot plants that you want to smoke at some point?

that is scary shit man.

go buy fox piss or coyote piss from a feed store and spread it all around, I am not too sure that even your piss wouldn't keep animals away, I know the other works.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
I've had problems with rabbits before. They did the same type thing. stripped the thing of bark. get wire fencing with smaller holes. rabbits can get through chicken wire. I use wire with 1/2" x 1/2" squares. seems to have done the trick for me.

mexi if you look at the plants close you will see that they are all just about dead or dying. so there will be no smoke from these :fsu: I lost about 40 plants to these critters so I am just trying to fix things for next year.

ddrew

Veteran
I think I know what's going on here, mini beavers

Attachments

• 2651_MiniBeaver.jpg
    2651_MiniBeaver.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 12

Rose56

I doubt its rabbits it looks like rats/mice. I won't use poison . They have a finer mesh fencing material that might work better at keeping them out. Are your plants close to an electrical source? They have "electrified" fences to keep animals away (it will just zap them not harm or kill them).

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
That sucks dude

I also cast my vote for rabbits. I had all sorts of squirrels and chipmunks around my grow outside last year, but other than knocking the plants over they did not seem to interested in my plants

Hash Man

rabbits or voles... 4 sure

rabbits or voles... 4 sure

after shooting a rabbit a a mole in my yard i did a bit of research... and have come to this concluision... tug on your plant and if it comes out of the ground with the main root severed, its voles that ate your plants... I have been at all aout war with them, and saved my crop. fences wont work cause voles use the pathways created by moles to come up from underground and eat your roots... they start at the smaller roots and work their way up to the main mass, and take out all of the outer bark across the stem... the ppatheways are around 6 inchwes under the soil surface,,,rabbit damage ime, has been just damage to the top of the plant, not the roots under the plant... the voles got 2 plants this year, i said ok im gonna show you what its like...

yes, i used dcon, and was happy to see rodent poop in it.
i used mole and vole repellent, rabbit repellant, sulfer bombs, and gopher poisen too. i also bought a pellet gun and i hang out to snipe them off at dusk and dawn.

doc farewells seal and heal seems to be made of a glue that the critters dont like either.