What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blue Dream VS Headband-OG Kush etc

armedoldhippy

Veteran
How do you rate bluedream for pain, stone, etc?

myself, i thought it to be unrivaled for sleep aid. my brother used it as pain relief during his losing fight with cancer, and loved it. he went from 6 pills a day to 1 at bedtime, and smoked bowls the rest of the day. if not for the BD, the pills would probably have killed him months earlier...:comfort:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Interesting. My take is completely different.

I'd say the opposite. Blue Dream, leans to the sativa side of the effect spectrum. It's up. A lighter more social / creative daytime high that never really gets racy. I ALWAYS just hit a wall with Blue Dream. Once the effects had set in, after about the first 3 hits - it didn't matter if I smoked another hit or another 1/2oz - for whatever the effects completely peak and that is it. For this not to happen, I found I could only smoke Blue Dream about once every 6 hours, or I felt as if I was consistently right on the edge of needing to medicate.

Everyone I shared that same batch of flowers loved it. It's was all they wanted.

But, Blue Dream, eh...it's a commercial / cash cropper for a reason. I'm always shocked when someone considers her to be headstash, though, to be fully honest. Just wasn't my cup of tea, and I'm generally of the opinion, if you want to make a great cut better, add some blueberry genes to it.

dank.Frank

beta

Veteran
It's worth noting that Blue Dream is one of the most counterfeited names in the game. I've probably smoked 50 completely different 'Blue Dream' flowers.

In my opinion if it isn't verified 'Santa Cruz Blue Dream', it's probably a fake. It's hard to talk about a strain like this because we aren't all talking about the same thing.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
santa cruz cut in organic soil water only

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

pretty uplifting for me. agreed about the ceiling. if i smoke it at night im more likely to stay up a little later. it helps some with my nerve pain, not as much with the back pain though. it does a great job of setting a positive mood for the day.
the hash is one of my favorites. at 75mg it is pretty effective at mitigating most nerve pain and i forget about the back pain.

~star~crash~

I'm running the same cut as my friend Nameless ...

I'm running the same cut as my friend Nameless ...

she smells really good ... my 1st run with her & i'm very very happy
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
hell yeah star! they look so similar in our gardens lol. did u pull any early bits to sample? i usually pull a branch of bd at 8 weeks just to get zooted. 8400 posts too! get it bro

~star~crash~

hell yeah star! they look so similar in our gardens lol. did u pull any early bits to sample? i usually pull a branch of bd at 8 weeks just to get zooted. 8400 posts too! get it bro

what that means is all i do is grow and hang out on ICMAG ..i should be very ashamed of myself :biggrin:

to the BD scoffers out there >> i'll have no problems @ all when it comes time for getting high on the Blue Dream ..i assure U because i intend to extract and concentrate her ..don't anyone tell me that won't be some straight up fire ..:ying:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
It's worth noting that Blue Dream is one of the most counterfeited names in the game. I've probably smoked 50 completely different 'Blue Dream' flowers.

In my opinion if it isn't verified 'Santa Cruz Blue Dream', it's probably a fake. It's hard to talk about a strain like this because we aren't all talking about the same thing.

what we were getting very well could have been re-branded. whatever it was, was wonderful...:woohoo:

That got my eyeballs all moist. Lost some good people. One did not want to cannabinate at all.
I first discovered the bluedrm as a custy. It went from 40 8ths to 250 zs and It was enjoyable too much, I would blaze right through it and pass out for hours. Then i got sick of it. I started growing and eventually rediscovered it as a grower and I loveed it even lost it twice. Will be looking to secure another mom sometime. IMO its soo much more enjoyable than most, floaty. a wee bit up in the start but yeah slowly pulls you down before you know it. I feel like afgooey and cherry pie and urkiel will do more on the body feels tho....just my exp.

St. Phatty

Blue Berry Headband & Blue Dream - they're both GREAT.

Blue Dream & Blue Widow are also both great. Got some Fem seeds of each, it all got mixed together in a Blue Haze :woohoo:

I just remember I like the Dream and the Widow, and love the Headband, all in the Blue department.

CaptainDankness

All depends on the cut man, they DNA tested at least 8 different so called original Blue Dream cuts and well they found 8 completely different cuts. The DNA don't lie it either matches or it doesn't.

People be hustling.

St. Phatty

All depends on the cut man, they DNA tested at least 8 different so called original Blue Dream cuts and well they found 8 completely different cuts. The DNA don't lie it either matches or it doesn't.

People be hustling.

I think there's general agreement that Blueberry is Blueberry.

Haze - there seem to be multiple Haze's available.

Did the DNA tests of the Blue Dream reveal anything about how they were different - same Blueberry, different Haze ? - or something else.

CaptainDankness

I think there's general agreement that Blueberry is Blueberry.

Haze - there seem to be multiple Haze's available.

Did the DNA tests of the Blue Dream reveal anything about how they were different - same Blueberry, different Haze ? - or something else.

Blueberry and Haze don't breed true so it's not really as simple as Blueberry x Haze = Blue Dream. The guy did say however the parents are most likely Blueberry x SSH.

I don't know all the details just watched a few videos and read some articles about the guys working on the Phylos Galaxy. Pretty interesting really, a strain name is pretty much pointless of course mixing landraces do make for some interesting variations, just nothing true breeding as of yet, other than clones of course.

T

Teddybrae

Guys ... I grow at 25 degrees latitude. see that Blue Dream (also Humboldt Dream in Humboldt Seed Org's catalogue) was developed at 40 degrees latitude. do you think it will grow for me in more sunlight hours/heat? thanks ...

green404

How do you rate bluedream for pain, stone, etc?

I like Bluedream, it is a good hybrid good for daytime and has a nice stoned with a couple of extra hits. The body high is not as strong as an indica dominate for me.

Bluedream grows like crazy, good yields and stable.

Headband has always had a light feel for me, almost no body high, boring but good day time functioning buzz.

Latest posts

Latest posts