What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Taco Leaves

TheRud

I've been following this forum for sometime and have been super impressed with the quality information and direction provided by the members here. This information provided has inspired my to try my hand at growing my own stash.

Things have been going great until about 3 days days ago when my plants leaves began to droop and curl upwards from the side. At first I had hoped it was the result of light burn / heat stresses as my plants where only 6" from the bulbs and the temp was 30*C (85*f) at the canopy. But I lowered the plants so the canopy is now 14" from the bulbs and the temp is down to 25*C (77*f). I plan to move 4 of the 5 stongest pants to 3 gallon pots but hope to get this situation resolved before the transplant.

I'm just a noob, but I'm thinking that the cool evening temps at 15*C (59*f) or the small 16 Oz cups may be the at fault. I was hoping to see some pre flower sex signs before the transplant but that may not be possible.

The grow conditions are as follows:

Plants: 3 weeks old from germination 4"- 6" tall

Strain: Bag seed supposed to white widow x
Northern lights

Light: 8 16w house hold led bulbs
4 2700k and 4 5000k
18 hours on 6 off

Soil: Seeds were started in Peet pods then
transplanted to 16oz solo cups with
Miracle grow seed start 0.03/0.03/0.03

Cabinet: 14" deep, 28"wide, 54" tall
Temp lights on 25*C (77*F)
Temp lights off 15*C (59*F)
Humidity is 30% lights on and 55% off

Water: The plants are watered every second or third
day as necessary. I water till there is run off
and wait till the soil on the surface is dry and
cups are very light.

Ventilation: 120 mm computer fan for circulation
(Plan on installing another 120mm fan
as and exaust on a charcoal filter it's in
the works )

Nutrients: None at the moment

Ph: Run off water is 6.8

Attachments

• IMG_20180207_230312.jpg
    IMG_20180207_230312.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20180207_230331.jpg
    IMG_20180207_230331.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20180207_230345.jpg
    IMG_20180207_230345.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20180207_230425.jpg
    IMG_20180207_230425.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 12

troutman

Seed Whore
Try to increase humidity when the lights are on to at least 50%. :tiphat:

Also, I think it's transplanting time.

Lokdog

I'm also a newbie on my first grow, but for what I have read and asked around about, you have a few issues going on.

And last, I think you are root bound in those cups.
You may want to try 1L before you go to the 3 gallon. Being new, it's easier to get your watering schedule correct and looks like you will be adding nutrients soon
*** START WITH 1/4 WHAT IS SUGGESTED ON THE BOTTLE***

Less is better!! That goes for water and nutz.

Like I said I'm new too, so I might be wrong on stuff....

PEACE, LOVE, DOPE!!!

15C is too cold for Mary. Don't let your temp drop below 18C.
And most strains do not like to go higher than 27C.

I've been told multiple times that Miracle grow is for anything but marijuana. (Depending on who you talk to, but I've been told to stay away from it).

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm also a newbie on my first grow, but for what I have read and asked around about, you have a few issues going on.

And last, I think you are root bound in those cups.
You may want to try 1L before you go to the 3 gallon. Being new, it's easier to get your watering schedule correct and looks like you will be adding nutrients soon
*** START WITH 1/4 WHAT IS SUGGESTED ON THE BOTTLE***

Less is better!! That goes for water and nutz.

Like I said I'm new too, so I might be wrong on stuff....

PEACE, LOVE, DOPE!!!

I've been told multiple times that Miracle grow is for anything but marijuana. (Depending on who you talk to, but I've been told to stay away from it).

I agree....less is better!! And there are great supplements out there besides chemical/color laden Miracle Grow...ugh!

Latest posts

Latest posts