What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dutch Passion Night Queen

Hello, first time grower here and i'd like to share it with you!
I've posted some here and there already but it seems it's better to just post the entire grow so here we go.
I'm recently disabled so time is something i have in abundance.
I didn't start in a rush, i did about 3 months of research online before i felt confident to start.
I don't know a single person who does this and i never even had a plant in the house tbh so i have to admit that it wasn't the easiest job I've had..

Strain:
https://www.dutch-passion.com/en/cannabis-seeds/product/autonight-queen-autoflower-weed-seeds/

Material:
Tent 4x4x5 (i'm in the basement so height restrictions)
Led ViparSpectra 900
Coco + Perlite 50/50%
Plagron nuts & co
15L pots
Co² Buddy bag
Rhino 600m³ carbon filter
Prima Clima exhaust with T° control

The room was started up 48h earlier, VEG switch only @ 90cm (36")
T° 24-26C and Humidity 67-70%
The seeds touched water June 17, there were 7 of them, the plan is to keep the 4 best ones and just let the 3 others finish outside.
I started them in Root-it cubes (European version of Rapid Rooters) which i soaked in same brand juice before dropping the seeds in.
At this time i was using Tap water ph'd to 5.8, later on when i got my EC pen it turned out the tapwater is 0.9EC here. (more on that later)
I've put them right away in their final 15L pots as i read countless times transplanting auto's is not recommended.
It took 74 hours for them to sprout, what i liked a lot is that they all sprouted at the same time, all 7 of them!
I had to surgically intervene tho, most of them were curling around in that Root-it cube, this is where i learned my first mistake, dropping the seeds in those cubes point side down is easy but it sure doesn't mean they drop "right"...
After a couple of hours of carefully handling them i managed to remove all seed caps and get them all nicely oriented as they're supposed to!
Now i know why everyone says the towel method is best, definitely gonna do that next time, no more Root-it cubes for me..

Here they are at exactly 7 days old:
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Part 2 >>

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

They have been watered a day ago, on day 6:
5 Liter (1.25G) to which i added a quarter strength of recommended CalMag, 7 pots 15L (3.75G) ended up with no runoff as planned.

2 are perfect, very healthy.
3 are affected with some deficiency(s) leave points curling up, GREY/DARK WHITE spots on the leaves
2 are way smaller than the rest and also very dark, droopy leaves with some tiny brown dot spots on the leaves.

I think the main reason for all the above was simply my very very bad tapwater 0.9EC
As I and the shop owner didn't know you need tools to calibrate pens i ended up with my pen ready to use only around day 6
The seeds have been soaked in 0.9 tapwater + that Root-it solution, must have been around 1.5EC probably..
At this point i need to be happy they survived tbh..
I immediately bought some distilled water and installed an RO filter.
That's it for the first week, i'm currently semi-week 4 so more will follow, this takes some time for me haha :D

Feel free to throw in some tips, i did some major research but still feel as a complete n00b tbh..

Cheers :D

Week 2
T° 25-26°C
Humidity 59-62%
Light still only VEG switch, dropped to 80cm (32")
This is when they first got nuts
From here on no more tapwater, RO filter in use now.

Details Nuts
Cocos A
Cocos B
Power Roots
Pure Enzym
Green Sensation
Sugar Royal
Aptus CalMag Boost

This is the schedule i found online:
2._Plagron_Kweek_Schema.jpg

And this is what i came up with since the previous was for photoperiod plants, couldn't find an autoflower one.
1._Plagron_Kweek_Schema_1.jpg

Day 9
This is when i gave them nuts for the very first time
5 Liter (1.25G) CalMag, Power Roots & Pure Enzym all quarter strength @5.5ph 0.3EC
No runoff as planned again.

Day 12
Watered again exact same as the one before.

I had hoped by using clean water now the deficiencies would have disappeared, yeah right..! :D
The thing that confused me big time is completely different deficiencies on different plants, while i'm sure i didn't treat any different than others, really no clue there..

I than contacted someone from plagron, explained what i did and was advised NOT to use that CalMag bottle anymore.
After closely inspecting it seems it's not just CalMag as i supposed..
It's a 9-9-2 >> N-Ca-Mg
Again, not sure but that doesn't seem right so much N when you didn't even know it was in it lolz..

Here they are @ 2 weeks
image.jpg

image.jpg

Part 2 >>

Week 3

T° 25.5 - 26.5°C
Humidity 58 - 67%
Light still only VEG switch, dropped to 70cm (28")

Day 14
Watered sooner than planned just to be sure they had nuts without CalMag addition like the guy from Plagron told me.
10L (2.5G) 5.5ph 0.4EC, made sure to have runoff on all of them this time >> 6.6 - 6.8ph

Day 17
All the new growth looks good now, no more deficiendies halleluyah :D

Day 18
Removed most of the Root-it cubes, started at the tops and managed to remove more than half of them untill i saw some roots.
Covered them all with fresh flushed coco and saw that one of them was broken..
It appears the only thing that was keeping it straight was that little sponge, i immediately taped it up and tied it so it couldn't move anymore.

Day 19
Today i selected the best 4 and put the 3 remaining outside.
2 were a lot smaller than the rest, and the snapped one so the choice was not very hard.
The snapped one was almost dead 24 hours later, big leaves all brownish and dry i decided to keep it inside and botlle spray it all day long with clean water 5.6ph, in my mind this one was already lost so it's a good "patient" for some testing.

Day 20
As a miracle the snapped one looked better today, big leaves still dead but the rest of the plant seems to have completely recovered so i cut what was dead and put her back outside for now.
I think she had to sacrifice those leaves in order to survive as she was clearly unable to drink/feed.

That's it for this week, here they are @ exactly 21 days old:
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Part 2 >>

Bottled water is cheap if tap water undesirable. Good luck!

Yeah i know, i learned that the hard way tho, thx :D

Looking great so far mate. Enjoy your new found hobby and I hope you find what you need from IC. :tiphat:

Yeah i'm happy so far, thx :D
For the hobby side it's not really what i expected tho, i had hoped it would be more time consuming, might need 20 tents like that to keep me busy all day :laughing:

Cheers

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Ah, to be young again. As a retirement hobby it is finally to the point I had to get help. A five plant perpetual is now more than I can handle alone. A total of ten plants with planting and transplanting every two weeks runs over an hour a day, about a half hour more than my heart allows.

So your 'twenty tents' guess is right on the money...for a young person.

Ah, to be young again. As a retirement hobby it is finally to the point I had to get help. A five plant perpetual is now more than I can handle alone. A total of ten plants with planting and transplanting every two weeks runs over an hour a day, about a half hour more than my heart allows.

So your 'twenty tents' guess is right on the money...for a young person.

I'm 40 m8, not sure i still qualify as "young" either :laughing:

Autoflowers don't need much attention, you can't transplant them and training is not recommended either so except for watering there is not much to do :D

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm 40 m8, not sure i still qualify as "young" either :laughing:

Autoflowers don't need much attention, you can't transplant them and training is not recommended either so except for watering there is not much to do :D

Definitely you can LST.
However, autos run on their own. Don't baby them too much...you'll reap a good product when finished.

Definitely you can LST.
However, autos run on their own. Don't baby them too much...you'll reap a good product when finished.

Yeah i just let them be, checking 5ish times / day if no troubles but that's about it.

LST wasn't worth mentioning when talking about keeping me busy :laughing:
I'm just gonna bend them a bit soon so the light gets to the lower stuff too.

Seems to be a little problem again, what a surprise :laughing:
All 4 seem affected now, so that's a good point, leave tops slightly curling up, little yellowing in the make too i think..
20170713_172212.jpg

20170713_172226.jpg

20170713_172243.jpg

Found this in this forum somewhere, it's a pic that represents Magnesium deficiency.
Magnesium.jpg

I think it's safe to say that's the problem, right..?
They got fed about 1/2 hour before the pics, gave them the full half strength nuts this time, as i was still slightly under that, hopefully it's the little thing they were missing.
If not i'm gonna have to find a way to add it myself i guess.

Week 5

Day 31

This will be the last pic before some major LST :D
The tops really start to outgrow the lower budsites, depriving them from nice light too..
Almost 2 weeks later than what i saw recommended (3 weeks old)
Wish me luck i guess :D

20170718_212312.jpg

20170718_212347.jpg

Week 5

Day 39

So i did the LST, took me about the whole day to get them to where i wanted, every hour or so a bit more bending.
It was very difficult tbh, the lower part of the stem is already woody and didn't participate in the bending what so ever, the risk of the branch snapping was real!
But with a bit of patience it turned out just like i wanted, the 4 top buds are now all in the center :D

Also had a chat again with plagron and was advised to stop using straight RO water, the plan is to use plain TAPwater for 10 days, and after that 50/50 TAP/RO.
They look a bit droopy on the pictures because they were just fed i think, also they got fed a bit late this time, every 3 days is too long from now on it seems, will have to water every 2 days from now on.
They also had their very last VEG nuts, next time will be with the bloom nutes, they are still stretching tho so i might wait a bit longer, not sure yet :D

20170726_175945.jpg

20170726_175846.jpg

20170726_175906.jpg

Yeah kind of forgot a bit about this thread sorry..
Here's a quick little update for week 6 to 11

Week 6
20170806_001227.jpg

Week 7-8
20170811_110918.jpg

Week 9
20170817_162243.jpg

Week 10-11
1_20170830.jpg

2_20170830.jpg

In the end i think i succeeded in getting & keeping them happy.
This sure was not the easiest thing i've done in my life, as someone who never even had a plant in the house, i've had my hands full, or should i say head lol..
After overdosing on youtube stuff i thought i'd knew it all, boy was i wrong, but with some patience, testing and the much appreciated help from some of you guys here i think i can call it a mostly succesfull first try, or at least i'm happy with it.
The big change happened when i decided to start watering way more often but less at once:
From once every 3 days >> 2 Liter/plant to twice a day >> 0.5 Liter/plant.
I would've upped that even more to 4/5 times a day but that simply wasn't possible with my 15 Liter pots.

This weekend will be 12 weeks, for 10 week advertised seeds.
Having introduced the bloom nutes only on day 43 i suppose this is give or take "normal"
3 of them are flushed for the first time now, from 8 days ago to one this morning, the 4th one is still no where near done so i still feed her for now.

Here are some fresh pics

20170907_170550.jpg

20170907_170646.jpg

20170907_170614.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts