What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Please PM me your personal experience with CHS Cannabis Hyperemesis Syndrome

T

Teddybrae

No. Douglas, no Neem was used, no recycled soil, every thing was identical. I can't think what it might be either unless the blend of varieties increased the THC level beyond that of either individual variety. But that doesn't feel right to me.

Even stranger, I (a daily Mango Haze eater) didn't get much of an effect from the combination when I tried it.

Thanks for the Thread!

:tiphat:

I haven't heard that one before, but it does raise a few questions.

• No neem/aza was used in the grow?
  • No recycled soil was used from a previous grow which may have used neem/aza?
  • Same grow, harvest, extraction and edible mfg methods as the Mango Haze?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
No. Douglas, no Neem was used, no recycled soil, every thing was identical. I can't think what it might be either unless the blend of varieties increased the THC level beyond that of either individual variety. But that doesn't feel right to me.

Even stranger, I (a daily Mango Haze eater) didn't get much of an effect from the combination when I tried it.

Thanks for the Thread!
Now that really *IS* strange. With the only substitution being a different extract, I'd have to search for a terpene or something else (another pesticide/fungicide?) causing the issue. If they had CHS, any edible with a small amount of THC would be messing with them.

I've also run across several reports now of women having CHS issues during menstruation. Could the timing have been right with the new edibles to hit this window for her? This would explain having no issues normally and then being fine, especially if it took you a few days to get a new batch to her. Ya dig?

Poking around for answers really, it's a pretty muddy hole. yeah?

T

Teddybrae

I will ask re Menstruation. But this was some time ago now ...

I haven't mentioned that the cannabis which caused the vomiting was an Autoflower.

But it's hard for me to imagine an Auto being the cause!

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Doubtful it was autos, and we really need the full history of what happened around these plants to be sure. Tried it again with the same strains, different plants? I know I don't like vomiting so I understand if you had/get resistance. lol

Cvh

Supermod
Teddybrae, just to be sure but are there any neem trees growing around your place?
I know they aren't that uncommon in Australia.

Cvh

Supermod
Very odd that then the only difference is the strain.
I don't think that it matters if it's an auto or a photoperiod.

The only possible differences would then be terpenes and cannabinoids.

Teddybrae, was the plant your patient had a bad reaction on leaning more towards a broad leaf indica or haze like? How would you describe the smell? Skunky as is hoppy like a beer or fruity, peppery, spicy like a sativa haze?

T

Teddybrae

Give me some time to reply.

Very odd that then the only difference is the strain.
I don't think that it matters if it's an auto or a photoperiod.

The only possible differences would then be terpenes and cannabinoids.

Teddybrae, was the plant your patient had a bad reaction on leaning more towards a broad leaf indica or haze like? How would you describe the smell? Skunky as is hoppy like a beer or fruity, peppery, spicy like a sativa haze?

Last edited:

Marrieberrie

My CHS experience/nightmare

My CHS experience/nightmare

I'm collecting personal reports on the subject. I would appreciate anyone responding to include (when at all possible):

• Full details on how it affected you personally, as many episodes as you can remember
  • As much information as possible on the source of the cannabis used for each episode, and any treatments it received during the grow
  • Extraction information on the process and solvents used, for any extraction based episodes
  • Detailed information on whether the smoking gear used was brand-new or freshly cleaned
  • Details on any changes noticed in episodes, especially after multiple episodes spanning several years

Posts to this thread, other than helpful suggestions on details I should be collecting, will be ignored.

Your help is greatly appreciated. :tiphat:

Man oh man where do I even start. I started smoking when I was 16 ( I am 24 now). The first few years were fine and I was not affect. By the time I turned 18 I never wanted to eat. I’d wake up in the morning with an excruciating stomach pain, I would say it felt like my stomach was eating itself. Would refuse to eat till mid day or till the munchies kicked in. This went on for about a year then I started to get more and more Nauseous in the morning. I would take long hot showers in the morning to calm my stomach down which would help up until I got out of the shower and the feelings would be back. Soon enough I started throwing up everyday. This went on for 5 years. I was always told it was my diet. I would “try” to eat healthy but every time I got Nauseous I would “cure” it by smoking.(little did I know that was the root of the problem) little over 2 years ago I finally got good insurance and decided to figure this out. Ready to get a endoscopy and all the tests Done I go in and openly tell them I smoke. The doc tells me to quit for a week and see what happens. Sure enough I continue my bad diet and everything else and stop smoking and I didn’t get stomach pain no nausea or anything. ( some days would be so bad I’d be throwing up multiple times, I’d feel cold and my face was numb and tingly) it was great I found the cause to this terrible feeling but what sucks is I would choose to smoke of a drink any day and now I can’t do that anymore.

What I normally smoke is wax. Dabs or a pen but when this first started it was just flower. I actually switched to wax because I thought it was helping at the time but it still caught up to me. I recently quit for 3 months felt better. Started again took 1 month and it’s back again. Stomach pains and nausea. I am always looking for a cure.