What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jacks Professional

blooper

curious about this as well. i've been running maxibloom, tried the KISS method but 7g/gal was way too much. plants are doing fairly well vegging at 1.75g/gal but we're seeing calcium deficiency so i added a little calimagic. after reading some threads i figure it's because the calcium in maxibloom isn't fully dissolving.

just to clarify, the OP is saying if you mix the pro hydro 5-12-26 with the pro blossom booster 10-30-20 50% each plus calcium and magnesium and use at half the rate of maxibloom, it will be close enough to the lucas formula?

i like the idea of getting away from dyes and saving $..

Cayenne

any updates on this guys? Clasic or Hydro with Calnit?

1-2 grams per gal peters professional and Calnit
.2 grams per gal magnesium sulfate, potassium silicate, mono potassium phosphate, humic/fulvic acid powder

this works pretty well so far. if there is any amendments you would like to add feel free

Jamorg13

Just found out that you can buy calcium nitrate at a lot of farm stores, avoiding the high costs of shipping, and usually much cheaper.

tjcny

Jack's Pro - Proper Levels?

Jack's Pro - Proper Levels?

Can you tell me what the poper feeding levels are for coco using the 5-12-26 and the 15-0-0 Jack's ferts?

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Can you tell me what the poper feeding levels are for coco using the 5-12-26 and the 15-0-0 Jack's ferts?

One gallon RO water with 880 grams 5-12-26
One gallon RO water with 590 grams calcium nitrate (green house grade)

Mix these two in separate gallon jugs and use each at 10 ml per gallon of nutrient mix. PH to 5.8. I like the heavy arizona ice tea jugs to mix in. It may take a day or so for the jacks to dissolve fully so mix in advance.

Ten ml of each will give a EC of about 1.2.

zombywolf7

Like to start a discussion about Jack's Hydro FeED 16-4-17 1 part hydroponic fert. At a 5 gm per gallon (hand jugs) feed rate, the cost is about .02 per gallon for fert and 1 measure of 5 gm, instead of multiple mixtures of 5-12 and cal nit. Has to be the simplest and least expensive option for hydro, outside of making the fert yourself. Have to replace Maxibloom (the previous simple option for me) because they are now owned by Miracle Grow (not long folks, before they change the recipe- ask old Peters users). Is there a
significant diff between the two formulations? Or does something need to be added to
Hydro FeED? One thing that bugs me about both is that both formulas seem to take the
opposite approach to N & P than Maxibloom. Maxi has low N and higher P, both Jack's
Hydro are hiher N and lower P. Maxibloom numbers were supposed to meet Lucas/Mel
Frank values- how off are the two Jack's formulas at advertised mix rates? Thanks in
advance for any help on this.

tjcny

Thanks, but I'm a small grower. I guess I'll just divide accordingly to get to what I can use on a per day basis.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Thanks, but I'm a small grower. I guess I'll just divide accordingly to get to what I can use on a per day basis.

Get a one liter pop bottle and add 232 grams of jacks. Then get another one liter pop bottle and add 156 grams of calcium nitrate. Use 10 ml of each per gallon. Will get about 1.2 EC.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Ok let me me get this strait, This is a recipe for a liquid concentrated 2 part/A&B.

232 grams of Jacks + 1 liter of water = part A
156 grams of Calcium Nitrate + 1 liter of water = part B

Feed at a 1:1 ratio per gal.
10ml of each A/B will give you EC 1.2 ( 600ppm @ 0.5 / 840ppm @ 0.7 )

So how would I feed? (Please copy and past with ppms or mL filled in)
--- Veg---
Week 1: ?
Week 2: ?
Week 3: ?

---Flower---
Week 1: ?
Week 2: ?
Week 3: ?
Week 4: ?
Week 5: ?
Week 6: ?
Week 7: ?
Week 8: ?
Week 9: Flush ( Hydro )

I'm also reading that people suggest cutting off the Calnit by week 3 or 4 of flower.

Sorry guys but it gets kind of confusing when some people start throwing in different numbers around.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Put the jacks into the one liter bottle and fill with RO water till almost full. Shake the shit out of it, then top off to one liter. Do the same with the calcium nitrate.

For plants under 10 inches use 5 ml of each per gallon of nutrient mix. Use RO water.

For plants bigger than 10 inches use 10 ml of each per gallon of nutrient mix. Again use RO water.
PH both mixes to 5.8.

Run this all the way till one week before harvest. Then just run water till harvest.

The 5 ml per gallon should be about 0.6 EC, and the 10 ml will be about 1.2 EC.

This will work with most set ups. Some strains may require some more and some will require a little less. High CO2 usage will require more.

You can add extra stuff but this will get good bud in the end.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
I run 1.2 ec from rooted clone to flush. I flush for one week, this is in coco.

360 ppm pro
240 ppm calnit

Everyone gets the same feed be it veg or bloom. So damn easy and cheap

audiohi

Veteran
Coming from the website, it comes in a box. Nothing to worry about. If I remember correctly though, it came as a freight delivery. I don't know if that's discrete enough in your area, but I don't really consider it a problem. Worst case scenario, you'll have a fedex big rig type truck make your delivery.

GDSBurns

So I've read over this thread and have seen a bunch of different answers to this question but can anyone just tell me the the jacks nute to purchase or link me to it. I know the cal nit but i need to know the nute that works best in coco. Thanks

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
So I've read over this thread and have seen a bunch of different answers to this question but can anyone just tell me the the jacks nute to purchase or link me to it. I know the cal nit but i need to know the nute that works best in coco. Thanks

Here is a link to their nutrients:

http://www.jrpeters.com/Products/Hydroponics/Buy-Hydroponics.html

I use the 5-12-26 from the link above. I buy YARA calcium nitrate locally at $22 for 50 pounds. I have listed above the mix I use. It is for coco and uses 10 ml of each per gallon.

Naut.s.33

So I know most of you guys are growing in coco. I'm trying to figure out what exactly I should use for growing in soil. I guess maybe I'm just being over anxious.... but I just want things to go right. I have been having problems with another fert line I have been using. Stuff comes out alright but its one of those auto phing lines. Their customer service still hasn't gotten back to me after some weeks so I decided its time to change it up. I don't like that I am not 100% sure of whats going into the soil. Mainly I'm curious about these things:

1. I have read that people were mixing the 5-12-26 and the 10-30-20 and calnit and epsom which supposedly comes out to basically the same as Maxibloom (which I have never used but i have heard its nice other than apparently it doesn't like to dissolve.)

2. Just running the 20-20-20 through veg then going into 10-30-20 when flowers start. (someone suggested on my post about using jacks in soil. He copypasta something someone posted in another thread but can't find it so far.)

3. Also I read on one or more forums that people alternate weekly from 5-12-26 and 10-30-20. (are they doing this through out veg or just in bloom?)

To sum it up.. I feel like I have asked in enough places. I guess I'm just looking for other people that have had success in Soil using any one of these. Lots of people including people I know use it in hydro (coco) but my room is going to be soil for a couple rounds and I'm tired of having problems with my other fert line...

Ps. Also what do you guys think about feeding schedule with any of these methods? My guess is once a week ranging from 600-900+ gradually.(until signs of curling)

Laavamara

Can you tell me is it okay to run Jack's in hydro when I have 24celsius~ reservoir temps and I am managing it because I am aerating it and using Liquid silicon from Growth technology.
I can't manage to buy a chiller because I have 2 separate reservoirs so I'm thinking is it okay to use Jack's with for exammple Ag16H silicate powder you can order from the same sites with Jacks? If so at what rate to use? I'm asking because I think there might be potassium overdose?